PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried a hairmask with color pigments?

Sweet Beat
February 29th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Hello everyone!
I'll be hair model for a photo soon. (super excited!) The hair dresser has asked me if she can dye my hair darker with some kind of hair mask with color pigment, which is supposed to fade away after a wash or two. It would be funny, but I'm a bit worried because I've never used it before and I'm not sure about if I should.

Have anyone tried it?
Does it cause any damage?
Does the color fade out for sure? I really want my original hair color back later!

Thank you and have a great day :)

Amber_Maiden
February 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
It sounds temporary, so i would think it would have little damage.

Sweet Beat
February 29th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Thank you :)

fridgee
February 29th, 2012, 03:03 PM
Do you know the name of the product they want to use? And congrats on hair lovely enough to be asked to model it! :)

Sweet Beat
March 1st, 2012, 05:54 AM

Night_Kitten
March 1st, 2012, 07:28 AM
I'm with fridgee - if you can find out the name of the mask you could look for it on the internet and perhaps also see coments by people who used it... And congrats on your beautiful hair, it must be so exiting :D

Mannaz
March 1st, 2012, 10:17 AM
I use a color mask from KC, and yeah it does wash away but it does take more than a couple of washes, at least for me. It's been about three weeks since I last used it and there's still some colour left, I wash 2-3 times a week. I guess it depends a lot on the hairtype and the condition of the hair how long the color stays. Also I'm using a coppery shade on my blonette hair, so it might be more noticeable than some other shades.

I haven't noticed any damage and the INCI on this product looks pretty good to me. This mask is becoming my favourite since the shade is very natural and it does wash away eventually, so I can both keep my own color and have some extra oomph when I feel like it.

Sweet Beat
March 2nd, 2012, 08:00 AM
I'm going to meet the hairdresser tomorrow I think and I'll ask her about the product then.

Thanks Night_Kitten, and Mannaz for sharing your experience :) Yes I'm very excited but maybe if I decide to not color my hair I won't be the right model for the shoot :/

Edit: This afternoon the hairdresser got a customer with the right color and is older than me, so I'm not going to get it. I cry, silly as I am. Guess I went too excited.

fridgee
March 2nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
:( sorry to hear it fell through. At least you can take comfort in knowing they thought your hair was beautiful, it just happened to be the wrong colour for that photo. Maybe they will bear you in mind next time they need someone. :flower: