PDA

View Full Version : maintaining dark hair without damage?

jadelouise
February 29th, 2012, 08:33 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me?

I have natural mousey brown/blonde hair but have been chemical dying it black for the past few months, i really like this colour but i want to stop damaging my hair with the chemicals,

are there any non-chemical dyes i can use to acheive a really dark colour? - i would grow my natural colour out but the difference between my roots and the dyed hair is wayy too noticable...:(:(:confused:

TeaEarlGreyHot
February 29th, 2012, 08:38 AM
I use Henna in my hair, which is natural and really beneficial to most people's hair. If you like dark colors you could do a henna/indigo mix. That method is called Hendigo on message boards. Check out this site for the best info there is! http://www.hennaforhair.com/mixes/index.html

jadelouise
February 29th, 2012, 08:43 AM
thankyou TeaEarlGreyHot! :) i love dark hair colours i just dont want to grow my hair and then it starts breaking because of chemicals!

henna takes a lot longer to take to the hair than box dyes doesnt it? x

PixxieStix
February 29th, 2012, 08:46 AM
I second the henna/indigo mix, it's non damaging (actually quite beneficial for your hair!) and can give you that black color you want. My mom uses a mix for a dark brown, she had been chemically dying her hair for years before she started this a year or so ago, and I can't remember a time in my life when her hair has looked better. She's grown out a lot of the damage and it is much shiner and healthier.

jadelouise
February 29th, 2012, 08:50 AM
I second the henna/indigo mix, it's non damaging (actually quite beneficial for your hair!) and can give you that black color you want. My mom uses a mix for a dark brown, she had been chemically dying her hair for years before she started this a year or so ago, and I can't remember a time in my life when her hair has looked better. She's grown out a lot of the damage and it is much shiner and healthier.

thats brilliant :) thankyou! ive been pondering whether or not to go for henna for a while now and this has definitely swayed me :D x

Avital88
March 1st, 2012, 11:39 PM
You can also try lush caca noir as a start, thats what i use.

jadelouise
March 2nd, 2012, 02:17 AM
You can also try lush caca noir as a start, thats what i use.
i might just do that ^_^ your hair looks so nice! xx

my2cats1
March 4th, 2012, 12:00 PM
For temporary color, you might look at Aveda color conditioners or the Ken Paves color drops. http://www.shopkenpaves.com/store.php?productID=217