PDA

View Full Version : 97 and humid outside all day hairdos?

Curlsgirl
July 21st, 2008, 07:35 AM
We have a fundraiser Golf Tournament every year and it's coming up Wednesday. I will have a little shade for most of the day but it's still extremely miserable. I will be out there in one place from about 1:00 pm to about 8 pm. Suggestions for keeping cool and cool hairstyles etc.??? I have bangs too FYI.

FrannyG
July 21st, 2008, 07:39 AM
I really like French Braided buns in the heat and humidity. It just seems that there's more air circulation if I French Braid the top than just pull it straight back. It controls that hair better too.

Make sure you wear loose, natural fibres, preferably cotton.

Don't forget your sunglasses, and for heaven's sake remember your sunscreen!

I hope you have fun. :flowers:

Curlsgirl
July 21st, 2008, 07:44 AM
I really like French Braided buns in the heat and humidity. It just seems that there's more air circulation if I French Braid the top than just pull it straight back. It controls that hair better too.

Make sure you wear loose, natural fibres, preferably cotton.

Don't forget your sunglasses, and for heaven's sake remember your sunscreen!

I hope you have fun. :flowers:Thanks Franny! Yep already got the clothes lined up. Our boss bought us great shirts out of the cool wick material stuff. I cannot live without my sunglasses and sunscreen!!! Buns don't tend to be very comfortable for me all day. I should have mentioned that. I could wear the French braid somehow secured another way. Flexi-8 may work, folded up and secured or if I could get the length of the braid tucked up under, wonder how hot that would be :confused:

Xandergrammy
July 21st, 2008, 07:50 AM
I'm going to a 3 day hot air balloon festival that I expect will be very hot and humid. I'll be wearing double braids or a single braid. I'll probably also take a Ficcare with me so I can do a quick figure 8 if needed.

Curlsgirl
July 21st, 2008, 07:58 AM
I think this may be a good time for a deep treatment too huh? :D

FrannyG
July 21st, 2008, 08:04 AM
I think this may be a good time for a deep treatment too huh? :D

Yes, yes, and yes! Any excuse for a deep treatment will do, I say. :)

I think you'll be fine with a braid kept down, and then folded up with the Flexi-8 that you'll just happen to have handy in case the braid makes you too hot. Folded braids are comfortable in the heat.

Having said that, I don't envy you having to spend all that time in the heat and humidity. I'm such a wimp. I wilt. :?

Curlsgirl
July 21st, 2008, 08:08 AM
Yes, yes, and yes! Any excuse for a deep treatment will do, I say. :)

I think you'll be fine with a braid kept down, and then folded up with the Flexi-8 that you'll just happen to have handy in case the braid makes you too hot. Folded braids are comfortable in the heat.

Having said that, I don't envy you having to spend all that time in the heat and humidity. I'm such a wimp. I wilt. :?

Yeah unfortunately it's not something I can choose to NOT do!!! :(