PDA

View Full Version : Taft powder for volume - damaging?

MonaLisa
February 29th, 2012, 09:22 AM
So, a friend let me try this powder and I did, it worked great! It gave me lot of volume at roots ( of course i only put a little bit at the roots) and it's not sticky..I like it, but I have to wonder if it's damaging in any way to use it few times a month?

Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Silica Silylate, Sodium Benzoate, Citric Acid, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl Methacrylate Copolymer

So, what you think?

Tota
February 29th, 2012, 09:44 AM
I have that powder from Got2Be which is actually a Schwarzkopf brand too. I love the effect, but it's incredibly sticky. I don't know about the damage but I'm planning to get the one you tried if it's not sticky :) I guess it can't hurt much if you don't use it all the time? I only use it when I'm going out (like clubbing or so) which is not very often ;)

Sundial
February 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I have that powder from Got2Be which is actually a Schwarzkopf brand too. I love the effect, but it's incredibly sticky. I don't know about the damage but I'm planning to get the one you tried if it's not sticky :) I guess it can't hurt much if you don't use it all the time? I only use it when I'm going out (like clubbing or so) which is not very often ;)

Is that like the OSIS+ from the Schwarzkopf brand? DH was using OSIS+ powder for a period of time, his hairdresser told him it's hair wax in powder form. It was easy to apply because it was in powder form, but it was pretty sticky though.

It didn't seem damaging to him, but it took away some shine (bottle said 'matifying') so it made the hair look dull and dry. Since it's only used on the roots, I would think it should be fine to use it once in a while. Just be sure to wash it out really well because you wouldn't want all that junk stuck on your scalp

oktobergoud
February 29th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Is that like the OSIS+ from the Schwarzkopf brand? DH was using OSIS+ powder for a period of time, his hairdresser told him it's hair wax in powder form. It was easy to apply because it was in powder form, but it was pretty sticky though.

It didn't seem damaging to him, but it took away some shine (bottle said 'matifying') so it made the hair look dull and dry. Since it's only used on the roots, I would think it should be fine to use it once in a while. Just be sure to wash it out really well because you wouldn't want all that junk stuck on your scalp

I use OSIS+ Dust It from time to time.. I really love it but it does make my hair feel like straw! I'm not sure if it is really damaging but I can imagine it being a bit drying..

I don't think it's sticky at all? As in, the stuff itself. It makes my hair one big rat's nest though (but in a good way, tons of volume! It just feels nasty)

Madora
February 29th, 2012, 01:42 PM
I'm not familiar with this product but wonder how much mechanical damage you'd do to your hair if it is hard to remove..i.e. requiring several shampooings to get rid of it.

Tota
February 29th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Nope, mine is got2be POWDER'ful volumizing styling powder. There are two types: one for volume and one for mattifying. We don't have OSIS here.

It's not hard to get it out at all. It's not like a regular powder because when you put it on your hair it liquifies. I agree that it's sticky and makes hair like straw, maybe even static so I make sure I always wash my hair the next day. But it looks so good though :)

MonaLisa
February 29th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Maybe I put too little, but not feeling sticky or dry...just a bit more volume at roots..haven't tried washing it yet, but doesn't seem like it will be hard..
I was worrying if it maybe is like hair spray and will make my hair break?
If it's drying it's ok, I put castor oil on my scalp anyway, it's far from dry :)

Chetanlaiho
February 29th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Oeh, if this works and is mostly non-damaging, I'm trying that ^_^