PDA

View Full Version : DBF had a mishap with my clarifying shampoo ;)

airmid
February 29th, 2012, 05:31 AM
I thought I'd share this here because no one I know would be able to understand why I find this so hilarious and cringe-worthy. It may be a little pointless, but I thought it was funny. ;)

My DBF ran out of shampoo the other day and so decided to use mine. Now, I have two bottles of shampoo, my herbal stuff I use normally, and my Neutrogena anti-residue clarifying shampoo. He decided to use the Neutrogena... not once, but three times. In a row! With NO conditioner at all after! I found out what he'd done, and immediately started inspecting his hair, and his normally gorgeous moisturized locks were so dried out and there were all kinds of flyaways.

His reaction? A big grin and a, "Well, my hair is so lush and beautiful, it'll bounce back in no time! I'm not worried!"

:D I need this sort of perspective on my hair! ;)

Has anyone ever done that sort of thing on purpose before? What would happen to your hair if you clarified three times in a row with no conditioner? :)

lostchyld
February 29th, 2012, 05:35 AM
I thought I'd share this here because no one I know would be able to understand why I find this so hilarious and cringe-worthy. It may be a little pointless, but I thought it was funny. ;)

My DBF ran out of shampoo the other day and so decided to use mine. Now, I have two bottles of shampoo, my herbal stuff I use normally, and my Neutrogena anti-residue clarifying shampoo. He decided to use the Neutrogena... not once, but three times. In a row! With NO conditioner at all after! I found out what he'd done, and immediately started inspecting his hair, and his normally gorgeous moisturized locks were so dried out and there were all kinds of flyaways.

His reaction? A big grin and a, "Well, my hair is so lush and beautiful, it'll bounce back in no time! I'm not worried!"

:D I need this sort of perspective on my hair! ;)

Has anyone ever done that sort of thing on purpose before? What would happen to your hair if you clarified three times in a row with no conditioner? :)

I think mine would all fall out or break. Honest. And my scalp would crack and bleed. Totally serious about the scalp, it was almost doing that with one round of normal shampoo every few days.

I do agree, it's funny.

Amber_Maiden
February 29th, 2012, 05:37 AM
Ow!! Well, at least he doesn't care too much!

Jessfoz
February 29th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Bahahaha! Very cute. Is his hair long? Did you get him to condition after that? Hilarious.

Eleentje
February 29th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Hahaha, so recognizable! :D I wonder if his hair will handle this clarifying attack as well as he thinks it will! So cute he takes it so lightly!

My hair would probably break and be so dried out I'd (want to) cut it off :P

OrganicJewel
February 29th, 2012, 11:52 AM
so cute! I love how guys are usually so easy going about things like that, I wish I was!

I actually just recently clarified my hair for the very first time in years (it so needed it!) with Neutrogena anti residue and clarified it 3 times (oops!) holy, my hair was drier than hay! A couple of days of heavy oiling and it's back it's normal self.

ktani
February 29th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Probably nothing. It is not that harsh and his hair should recover well.

He does not sound like he is in any discomfort or worried.

ETA: My SIL (sister-in-law) used to use it as her regular shampoo on her past the shoulders hair and had no problems with it at all. I would not recommend that but it worked well for her. She did follow it with conditioner and has moved on to other shampoos. She likes to try different products.

FrozenBritannia
February 29th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Thats funny! :)

airmid
February 29th, 2012, 01:01 PM
Hehehehe! Luckily he has short hair, it used to be shoulder-length but he cut it all off last summer. If it is too irreparably damaged he'll cut it off with no worries. What a refreshing perspective on hair, I would be crushed, my hair would break off and I'd have to chop it. I have convinced him to use some conditioner next time he shampoos, and he only washes his hair twice a week, so I think it will be fine. I kind of wish I had hair like his, it's really thick and lovely and such a pretty chestnut colour.

ktani: I can't believe your SIL used it as her regular shampoo! I use it just once and I have to deep-condition for a half-hour afterwards or else my hair is completely unmanageable!

I think he's quite proud that his hair actually survived, hahaha!

ktani
February 29th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Hehehehe! Luckily he has short hair, it used to be shoulder-length but he cut it all off last summer. If it is too irreparably damaged he'll cut it off with no worries. What a refreshing perspective on hair, I would be crushed, my hair would break off and I'd have to chop it. I have convinced him to use some conditioner next time he shampoos, and he only washes his hair twice a week, so I think it will be fine. I kind of wish I had hair like his, it's really thick and lovely and such a pretty chestnut colour.

ktani: I can't believe your SIL used it as her regular shampoo! I use it just once and I have to deep-condition for a half-hour afterwards or else my hair is completely unmanageable!

I think he's quite proud that his hair actually survived, hahaha!

She used it for quite a while as I recall. Her hair looked good and was shiny. She did not use too much as with a shampoo like that you do not need to do so and her hair is now and was then highlighted.

PixxieStix
February 29th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Pretty sure my hair would be fine, it tends to weather any abuse towards it in good humor.

That's pretty cute that he knows enough to think his hair is special because it survived well. :)

Carolyn
February 29th, 2012, 03:39 PM
I'm sure all will be well. It's quite common to shampoo hair twice. I would think if he uses a gentler shampoo and a little conditioner they next time he washes his hair it will be back to normal. I think we LHCers tend to get a little overwrought at common little hair incidents. I know I sure do :D

heidi w.
February 29th, 2012, 03:51 PM
There have been situations in the long distant past where I have had to clarify a few times in a row, but I always conditioned immediately as part of that type of hair wash. It was never a thing where I didn't know which kind of shampoo I was doing.

That's kind of humorous. Hope his hair does bounce back. I do advocate a vote for the idea that he might wash again AND condition. It's a simple problem to fix actually.

I understand why you posted here. It makes sense, entirely.

heidi w.

Savahead
March 2nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
Did he give a reason why he felt the need to wash his hair three times in a row? Seems like that would dry it out quite a bit, even if it was shampoo he was using.

jesis
March 2nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
I think my boyfriend is afraid of my hair stuff. Lol.

swearnsue
March 2nd, 2012, 11:18 AM
That is so funny! Men usually have such a healthy sense of self worth.

Seeshami
March 2nd, 2012, 11:40 AM
Some men, you have to love them. Can't live with them and ya can't shoot them in the head.:cheese:

melusine963
March 2nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
This made me laugh. I almost miss the days when my hair was short enough that I could treat it appallingly, use any shampoo whatsoever, and still get away with it. That hasn't been the case for a long time though :s

sfgirl
March 2nd, 2012, 01:19 PM
I went through a stage where I clarified every day because I had such am oily scalp, but I was only 12, and I didn't know any better.

jacqueline101
March 2nd, 2012, 02:55 PM
Its funny.

BlazingHeart
March 2nd, 2012, 04:40 PM
Heh, at least he isn't upset about it! I did that once when I was 14 or so. I had gotten talked into trying olive oil as a deep treatment (which my hair didn't really need, it was super healthy). I put way too much in, shampood once with my usual and then 3 or 4 times with the anti-residue because I couldn't get the damn oil out. I did condition after, but just my usual stuff. It caused me no damage at all.

Nowadays I wouldn't touch that, but that is because my skin reacts to sulfates.

sjshelt
March 5th, 2012, 07:54 PM
Haha sounds like my husband! I don't think he cares at all about his hair! If something awful happened he would probably just shave his head and be like 'Oh well!' Haha been can afford to be careless! Why in the world would he wash his hair 3 times??? That's crazy! I don't think my husband stays in the shower more than 5 minutes! He doesn't believe in repeat actions haha! If it's done it's done!

1nuitblanche
March 5th, 2012, 08:30 PM
DBF has a pretty physically demanding job, therefore he comes home with pretty dirty hair. Once he tried my Neutrogena clarifying shampoo, he decided he couldn't go back to anything else.