PDA

View Full Version : Climate change and hair care

Meshi
July 21st, 2008, 04:03 AM
Hey everybody!
I still consider myself an LHC noob, so I'm sorry if this is a very noobish question.
Basically, I'm going to college this fall in Boston from a warm, tropical climate that doesn't experience harsh winters at all. I (and my hair) am more used to the moisture and humidity all year long. So my question to those who experience cold, intense and possibly dry winters like those in Boston: how do you deal with it? What do you do in your routine during the winter, or how do you adjust to seasonal changes (less shampooing, frequent application of oil to the ends, etc.)? I typically have an oily scalp and dry ends.
Thanks!

wendyg
July 21st, 2008, 04:14 AM
Can't advise you specifically, but I can tell you that Boston has incredibly soft water, and the people I've known with the best-looking classic and longer length hair lived there.

wg

Curlsgirl
July 21st, 2008, 06:58 AM
Can't advise you specifically, but I can tell you that Boston has incredibly soft water, and the people I've known with the best-looking classic and longer length hair lived there.

wg

Hmmmmmmmmm almost worth moving there!!! :)

We don't have a really harsh winter but most people with them wear a lot of hair-friendly hats and do extra moisture treatments and oilings during those times. If your scalp is oily and your length is dry you may benefit from CWC or scalp-washes only from time to time.

FrannyG
July 21st, 2008, 07:34 AM
Where I live the weather is surprisingly similar to that in Boston. The only real changes I make in winter is that I add maybe an extra drop of oil when I oil my hair. I usually tend to do about double the amount of deep moisture treatments in winter as well. I don't really notice a huge difference in my hair in the winter anymore since I've learned so much here at LHC.