PDA

View Full Version : Encouraging pics for newbies: Growth over 6 months.

ennuideluxe
February 28th, 2012, 01:23 PM
When I first came here, I was really unsure about what difference 6 months of growth would make for a supershortie. In the hopes of encouraging other shorties who are growing out, here are my six month photos.

I was really surprised at how much growth there's been. I was expecting some, but this looks rest-of-the-world's definition of medium length!

Anyways, newbies and shorties, I just wanted to say: You can do it!!!!

Aug 15, '11

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8487&pictureid=110394

And today, Feb 28, '12

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8487&pictureid=127373

Please excuse the bad quality. These were taken by webcam and don't show off my shine or texture very well.

joflakes
February 28th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Wow that is good! Also encouraging as I am a shortie. Congratulations!

Madora
February 28th, 2012, 01:33 PM
Terrific progress, ennuideluxe! Congrats!:blossom:

ennuideluxe
February 28th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Thank you! I've been measuring it and it's been the same month to month. I'm very pleased to prove myself as a bad measurer, rather than proving that my growth has stalled.

Joflakes- I'm glad you find it encouraging. Give it a little time, and it'll get there!

Madora- I really ought to thank YOU. Every time I've had the urge to cut, I look at your beautiful HOTM photos and put the scissors down right away. Wow... that sounded stalkerish. It wasn't meant that way, I promise!

Amber_Maiden
February 28th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Very nice growth!

woolyleprechaun
February 28th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Well done :) beautiful growth!

lapushka
February 28th, 2012, 02:09 PM
That looks like great progress! Well done. :)

Diamond.Eyes
February 28th, 2012, 02:12 PM
That is amazing growth in just six months! Very pretty :flower:!

Maelyssa
February 28th, 2012, 02:14 PM
Definitely awesome growth and such a lovely color.

Littlewing13
February 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Thanks for putting this up, very encouraging :) Happy growing!

Madora
February 28th, 2012, 02:21 PM
@ennuideluxe...

Thanks for the kind compliments. You'll find that apart from being gentle when handling your hair, the hardest thing to cope with is the waiting!

I've been there too and sometimes it seems to take FOREVER to reach a certain goal, but don't give up! Hair continues to grow! Just find what works for you and stay with it! You're definitely on the right path!

PixxieStix
February 28th, 2012, 04:19 PM
Whoa. :agape: That is quite the impressive amount of growth in six months, congratulations! Do you have any idea what your average growth rate is?

blondyhead
February 28th, 2012, 04:22 PM
Wow, wonderful hair growth :) Keep going :D

Shesta
February 28th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Grows like weed :) very good progress, congrats!

wildmane
February 28th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Looking very Nice. I'm guessing this was with no trims in between.

oktobergoud
February 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Amazing progress :thud:
Congrats! :)

ennuideluxe
February 28th, 2012, 04:40 PM
Pixxiestix- Not a clue, I'm afraid. I'm really terrible at measuring and always seem to come up with either the same number for months on end, or wildly varying numbers. I'd guess it grows slightly faster than average, but honestly have nothing to back that guess up!

Madora- You're right, the waiting makes me a bit crazy! Still, there seem to be fun things about every stage and Im trying to enjoy them while I can. Already, there are a few things that I miss about pixe and a few things I miss about chin length, but in moving into shoulder-ish, I've found a whole new set of things I like. I'm pretty surprised by the slight waves that I have, for example. I don't remember them being there before. :)

Wildmane-- You're right, no trims. I should get around to that one of these days to try to even things up, but haven't found a single hairdresser here that I'm impressed with, and it's not long enough to do it myself. So... I guess I'll have to wait a little longer.

THANK YOU!!!! to everyone who replied on this thread! You ladies sure know how to make someone feel awesome! :happydance:I really hope that people with a similar start point and goals will find it encouraging. Some of the growing out stages (particularly the awkward ones) from pixie to shoulder feel like they last forever.

kellinaturalmom
February 28th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Wow! Nice!

Covet
February 28th, 2012, 04:45 PM
Your hair looks fantastic! I'm growing out a lot of bleach damage right now and it makes me happy to see people making progress with growth because it reminds me that I will be doing the same and chopping off the damaged hair :)

HylianGirl
February 28th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Wow, that's awesome! Made me feel good! I cut a lot of hair last year (waist length to shoulder) nad now I've been feeling impatient for it to grow, but seeing your progress makes me feel better ^-^ I wonder how long it'll grow till another six months?

teal
February 28th, 2012, 05:43 PM
That is some great progress! Thanks for sharing. :)

Mischamiu
February 29th, 2012, 07:41 AM
That's amazing!! congratulations

sisi33
February 29th, 2012, 08:56 AM
That is a crazy, awesome amount of growth- congratulations! Love the color!

charalito
February 29th, 2012, 10:24 AM
Wow! That's a lot of growth for 6 months ennuideluxe! Congratulations :)

princessp
February 29th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Wow that is a lot of growth-congratulations! :)

KrystalPixie
April 23rd, 2012, 01:58 PM
Congrats on your progress!

geeorgie
April 23rd, 2012, 02:05 PM
This is the sort of encouragement I need right now, as a shortie growing my hair out! I feel like it's never going to happen, but posts like this snap me out of it :) Amazing growth!