PDA

View Full Version : I'm back, with an update [Pics]

Shadow Walker
February 28th, 2012, 12:28 PM
Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I posted here. Just wanted to stop by and make a quick update.

It's been roughly a year since my hair accident when I lost 7 inches. Almost all of it grew back since then, but my hair didn't seem to recover too well. The last 4 inches or so were horribly damaged despite having all the really bad damage cut off after the accident. I just went and got a bunch trimmed off again since it was starting to look bad.

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/8577/135043.png
I was roughly at tailbone length again, but the ends were really split and thin, and unfortunately I put a trim off far too long and so I ended up having to cut off more than I probably would have otherwise.

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/665/130909.png

And now I'm back to hip. As you can see it's a big improvement, and I'm happy with the results even though now in the course of a year I've lost over a foot of hair. I'm starting to feel like I'm always going to be stuck between hip and tailbone, and hopefully by this time next year I'll be at a solid tailbone and moving on to classic again.

LocustSpawning
February 28th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Looking fantastic as always - I'm envious! :)

aisha.christine
February 28th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Such a thick and gorgeous hemline!

It looks lovely :D

Ocelan
February 28th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Oh, I just love your hair! It's very metal \m/
That's what all guys should look like in my opinion :)

Rhodugune
February 28th, 2012, 12:48 PM
Wow, thanks for sharing, your hair is amazing. :)

teal
February 28th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Your hair is looking fantastic!

As an aside, I wish more men grew their hair long. Really, truly. I can't convince DH to go beyond "surfer shaggy" and even that was a few years ago. Le Sigh. ETA: He complains that he looks like a gangster with long hair.

MsBubbles
February 28th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Good to hear from you! Thanks for the update...I'm so glad your hair is doing well after the mishap. It looks just as thick and healthy as before!

MermaidTresses
February 28th, 2012, 12:55 PM
WOW--- what beautiful silky strands you have! I'm drooling a little bit here....
There's nothing more attractive than a man who takes care of himself...

bettylibertine
February 28th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Looking good! You'll be back to tailbone before you know it :)

Becky9679
February 28th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Glad you're back and recovered from your accident! Your hair looks amazing as always ;)

Madora
February 28th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Shadow Walker, that is one beautiful head of hair. Terrific hemline too!

lunalocks
February 28th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Great hair! I am stuck between hip and TB myself. We could almost be hair twins.

Woods Nymph
February 28th, 2012, 01:17 PM
Impressive hair & hemline, Shadow Walker! I love your color!

Anje
February 28th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Looks great, Shadow Walker! Though I'd gladly take your splitty thin hemline -- mine's healthy but not nearly so thick. Gorgeous hair.

Mannaz
February 28th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Gorrrrrrrgeus! I think you'll have an easy stage of growing ahead of you, with all the damage gone :)

Maelyssa
February 28th, 2012, 02:22 PM
Hey everyone, it's been awhile since I posted here. Just wanted to stop by and make a quick update.

It's been roughly a year since my hair accident when I lost 7 inches. Almost all of it grew back since then, but my hair didn't seem to recover too well. The last 4 inches or so were horribly damaged despite having all the really bad damage cut off after the accident. I just went and got a bunch trimmed off again since it was starting to look bad.

I was roughly at tailbone length again, but the ends were really split and thin, and unfortunately I put a trim off far too long and so I ended up having to cut off more than I probably would have otherwise.

And now I'm back to hip. As you can see it's a big improvement, and I'm happy with the results even though now in the course of a year I've lost over a foot of hair. I'm starting to feel like I'm always going to be stuck between hip and tailbone, and hopefully by this time next year I'll be at a solid tailbone and moving on to classic again.

Well I just want to say that inspire of the damage, your hair is amazing! Glad to see you post an update. Havent seen you around in a while.

spidermom
February 28th, 2012, 02:50 PM
Looking good; you wear long hair so well!

heidi w.
February 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM
Savvy way to elbow your way back in. Nice to see you back!! And nice lookin' hair, too!!

heidi w.

Oksana
February 28th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Shadow Walker that hemline is truly thud-worthy and I can't wait to see it longer!

PixxieStix
February 28th, 2012, 04:14 PM
That sucks about losing all that hair in the first place, but WOW is it looking amazing! You'll get there eventually, the hardest part of growing long hair is patience. :) Although I wish I could get my little brother to take a page out of your book and get a trim, that kid is around waist but refuses to cut off all the splits.

blondyhead
February 28th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I really am in love with your hair! It's horrible when you have to cut off alot of hair for whatever reason ( it happened to me a couple years ago ) but your hair looks wonderful, it won't be long till you regain your lost length again :)

Shesta
February 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM
Beautiful hair! Keep the good job! :)

dulce
February 28th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Nice! I hope my hem is as nice as yours once I get to your length.

RecklessCharlie
February 28th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Looks fantastic Shadow Walker! Really healthy and a nice shine, great hemline!

HylianGirl
February 28th, 2012, 05:40 PM
Wow, fantastic hair! It's a shame you had to cut it, but I gotta say, the ends are looking better now, so hopefully when you get your length back it'll be better then before =) Also congrats on the hemline, it's amazing! And add me to the people who think all men should have long hair x3

Sillage
February 28th, 2012, 05:59 PM
WHAT A HEMLINE! I also love those gorgeous golden highlights you have. Your hair is just stunning. Thanks for sharing the pics.

allycat
February 28th, 2012, 06:02 PM
You have great hair!

MonaLisa
February 28th, 2012, 06:11 PM
:thud: both pictures are really beautiful! :)

Darian Moone
February 28th, 2012, 07:59 PM
Good to see you again! :)

Your hair looks great - I'm definitely in envy of your hemline! Looks like you're well on your way to healthy TB hair.

justgreen
February 28th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Hey glad to have you and your gorgeous hair back!!! :agree:

Alvrodul
February 29th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Your hair looks lovely, and the hemline is really full and thick!

Shadow Walker
March 6th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Thanks everyone for the fantastic comments, and it's good to be back around. :D

Although I wish I could get my little brother to take a page out of your book and get a trim, that kid is around waist but refuses to cut off all the splits.

I made this mistake myself, and because I put off a trim I had to cut off way more than I probably otherwise would have. Maybe he'll come around.

jacqueline101
March 6th, 2012, 08:59 PM
I love your hair.

turtlelover
March 6th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Totally awesome hair!!!:D

AnqeIicDemise
March 6th, 2012, 10:35 PM
So.. pretty.. ^-^

B-L
March 6th, 2012, 11:28 PM
I think your hemline is soooo much thicker and better now. It looks gorgeous!:cheer:

kidari
March 6th, 2012, 11:51 PM
Wow! Your hair looks amazing! Very envious of your nice thick hemline.

Lucky
March 7th, 2012, 02:49 AM
Wow :thud: you have such a thick hemline, it looks great! I know the feeling of never getting past a certain point, but it looks like you can move forward from here.

Tisiloves
March 7th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Ohh, lovely. I can never get my hemline that level.

jackie75
March 7th, 2012, 04:22 AM
That is some awesome hair!! Welcome back!

QueenMadge
March 7th, 2012, 08:18 AM
Really gorgeous hair! It can be very frustrating when things out of our control impact our growing goals. I hope your hair grows back quickly. The thickness and nice hemline are really lovely.

jojo
March 7th, 2012, 09:28 AM

looks gorgeous SW! lovely and thick lucky you. great to see you posting too, missed you mate x