PDA

View Full Version : Fighting the fluff and frizz of summer?

whiteisle
July 20th, 2008, 08:27 PM
So I'm down here in the coastal south and for the next few days the temps are going to be back up in the high 90s with lots of humidity - yeah, can't wait! Inevitably, my hair will grow to twice or 3x's it's normal volume and all the individual hairs just have to stand up and say "hi" to the world. I need to figure out something to help combat this phenomenon. Oiling with coconut oil will indeed lay the hair down, but because mine is so short right now, it's hard for me to get the right amount of oil (I usually end up with the o/o affect). And it's not long enough yet to get everything back into some kind of up-do and frankly, I'm sick of my wide headband, too. I'm going to try just CO for a few days and see if that helps (maybe it's the shampoo/condish combo causing the fluff?) Would BS and ACV work? Suggestions? What do you all do to win the War on Fluff & Frizz?:cool:

Riot Crrl
July 20th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I think that BS is likely to not help.

How bout a styling product? Aloe vera?

crebbsgirl
July 20th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I myself don't have particularly fluffy hair, but I have friends that do, and one in particular swears by Lush's Jasmine and Henna Fluff Ease (http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/02687?expand=Haircare). You might try that?

whiteisle
July 20th, 2008, 09:02 PM
aha!.....aloe vera.....right! That's the stuff I keep forgetting to grab at the store!

*slaps forehead and goes to write down on list*

thanks!:)

whiteisle
July 20th, 2008, 09:07 PM
I myself don't have particularly fluffy hair, but I have friends that do, and one in particular swears by Lush's Jasmine and Henna Fluff Ease (http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/02687?expand=Haircare). You might try that?

Are you enabling me?;) That stuff sounds delightful! I might save my pennies and treat myself to that sometime!

Lamb
July 21st, 2008, 02:52 AM
Try a leave-in conditioner, or just regular condish as a leave-in. A small amount should do. Any excess will disappear more quickly than excess oil.
ETA: I am having summer hair, quick growth and awkward length at the moment, *this* near to going back to my neat bob for good, and *that* frustrated!!! So I can understand.

Curlsgirl
July 21st, 2008, 06:43 AM
If you like cones, Sunsilk anti-poof conditioner (not the leave-in) helped mine when I was at that stage. It doesn't feel that good in the hair but it was the ONLY thing that cut down on "poof". The anti-frizz leave-in is good too.