PDA

View Full Version : Good tutorials or books for cutting mens' hair?

littleizz
February 27th, 2012, 02:47 PM
DH has an unnatural fear of salons and barbershops. Growing up he always had his dad buzz his head, then he would grow it out (sometime to well below his chin... I married an ex-emo kid ;)) and buzz it off again. I've been cutting his hair since we started dating, and have gotten pretty efficient at the buzz-the-sides, blend-the-top style.

NOW, though, I have guys from his school finding out that I cut DH's hair and coming over to have me cut THEIRS :rolleyes: Not only do they sometimes want different styles, but even the ones that want the same style have different shaped heads and hairlines, so it makes it difficult. I tell them that I have no idea what I'm doing and they're gonna get what they get, but they do pay me a few dollars and I want to do it as best I can.

I think I've pretty much exhausted the popular YouTube videos, but still want some more info. I looked into taking a haircutting class at the local tech school, but they don't allow students who aren't going for the full cosmetology certificate. Anyone here cut their man's hair and have some good tutorials, or feel like making one? :D