PDA

View Full Version : Garnier Triple Nutrition changed it's ingredients??

MissAlyssa
February 27th, 2012, 01:35 PM
So I went to Target today to pick up a new bottle of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition and I noticed the bottle was a little diffrent but didn't think much of it. Then when I got home I looked a little closer at the ingredient list and Amodimethicone is now 4th on the list.

I looked around LHC to see if anyone had said anything about this but I didn't see anything. So I guess I just wanted to let everyone know about this, and was wondering if anyone could give me some more information on Amodimethicone. is it water soluble or is it just another -cone that'll cause build up?

Hairizona
February 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I don't use anything with cones in it, but according to luxe piggy, it's a good thing- very easy on the hair and doesn't build up- you could ask her about it.

MissAlyssa
February 27th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Awesome thanks :)

krissykins
February 27th, 2012, 01:45 PM
I just bought a bottle last week and it was cone-free. :hmm:

MissAlyssa
February 27th, 2012, 01:49 PM
The bottle I just got also says on the back that it's a 10% lighter bottle and talks about how Garnier is being greener...

Kizuna
February 27th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Maybe they're chaning the ingredents and you got a new bottle. I'm sure there's still old bottles out there. I like that conditioner and I guess I need to watch out when I go shopping for it next time, I want to aviod all silicones (even if they wash out). Thanks for pointing this out!

MissAlyssa
February 27th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Kizuna that's probably true :P and you're welcome, I was hoing to help bring it to people's attention because I know a lot of -cone free people use this conditioner (including me ;))

BrightStarPoet
February 27th, 2012, 02:12 PM
From what I have come to understand about amodimethicone (by reading threads/articles at TLHC and a scientific article on a website for curlies), it is NOT water soluble. When paired with a certain two other ingredients, amodimethicone is water soluble in the bottle, but once applied to your hair it is not water soluble. However, because of the way amodimethicone is formulated, it is not supposed to build up. Something about the positive or negative charge of the ions in the amodimethicone only lets it bind to damaged areas of hair shafts, and not healthy areas or itself.

I'll try to post a link to this article later (I'm at work right now). But long story short, my impression of amodimethicone is that it won't build up, but shampoo is needed to remove it.

ETA: Here is the link to the article about amodimethicone http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/curlchemist-amodimethicone-and-other-amine-functionalized-silicones

oktobergoud
February 27th, 2012, 03:01 PM
That doesn't surprise me, honestly!
Most stores here don't stock the GTN conditioner anymore (it was a pain to find it, really). Eventually I found a few bottles that were really cheap because they were the absolute last ones in that store :(

But thanks for the heads up :)

Chetanlaiho
February 27th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Argh nooo, that's pretty much my favorite conefree conditioner (along with Inecto, coincedentally two of the very few conefree conditioners around here to begin with). Why do they have to ruin all the good products =(

pepperminttea
February 27th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Nooo, I love this stuff! I like amodimethicone in some things, but this just didn't need changing. Argh! :(

katsrevenge
February 27th, 2012, 05:13 PM
Yeah... I wrote them a very polite email about this.

If anyone else wants to do this.. It can't hurt. Just click contact us, the last 'other' option, enter whatever into that creepy fake person 'helper' and choose no when asked if you were helped.

And there is the email form. I mentioned being on a hair forum and recommending it regularly... I intend to switch if I have to.. my skin is much happier without the cones.

I mean, why fix what wasn't broken?

HylianGirl
February 27th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Oh, no! Garnier fructis is the only one that makes cone-free conditioners in my country ;-;

I'll buy all the old bottles I can find tomorrow!

lostchyld
February 27th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Oh, no! Garnier fructis is the only one that makes cone-free conditioners in my country ;-;

I'll buy all the old bottles I can find tomorrow!

So, I know it'll take awhile to do this, but read the ingredients on the newer style bottle too. I've got one and it appears to be 'cone free still. I bought it awhile ago, but there could be some of those on the shelf too.

HintOfMint
February 27th, 2012, 08:06 PM
NOOOOOOOO! I just went back to it! So far I just used it once so I can't tell if it builds up or not. For what it's worth, I'm not adamantly anti-cone, it was just a great formula and I hate that they screwed with it.

HylianGirl
February 28th, 2012, 05:19 PM
So, I know it'll take awhile to do this, but read the ingredients on the newer style bottle too. I've got one and it appears to be 'cone free still. I bought it awhile ago, but there could be some of those on the shelf too.

I hope so! Today I got another three bottles of that conditioner, just in case x.x And I like to CO wash, so I actually use lots of it ;-;

KahRistAhn
February 28th, 2012, 09:25 PM
I saw that at Target today, too. I was wanting to maybe try it. :(

Mesmerise
February 29th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Ugh how annoying... it's getting harder and harder to find cone free conditioners. No idea why companies feel the need to reformulate things that already work?!

Now, I'm not really cone free anymore (didn't find it helped my hair to remove all cones... ) but it's still annoying!! If I DO want to go cone free (which may happen again as I experiment :p) it will be that much harder to find something....

MamaCimino
February 29th, 2012, 08:23 PM
That is strange. I bought a bottle a few weeks ago and the bottle says new but there are no cones listed in the ingredients. Maybe I have an old "new" bottle...