PDA

View Full Version : Sun makes my hair grow like a weed!

sazzie88
February 27th, 2012, 10:42 AM
When out on the usual yearly holiday away with my partner and my girls my hair grows like mad. In august i got nearly an inch in one week!

I can only presume this is down to the sun and extra exercise. Now my question is I live in London where it rains all the time and is always cloudy, is there a way of artificially getting the vitamin d through light onto my hair or either through vitamins. ( sorry if I am being abit dim here I am blonde:) )

What would your suggestions be because I would love this kind of growth regularly.

(growth was indicated by the length of my roots)

Thank you :)

B-L
February 27th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I would like to know too. I live in Sweden so it's not the sunniest place on earth :)

I've read a lot about vit-D beeing so good for you by curing winter depression, weight loss and overall health. It's actually not even a vitamin but a hormone (according to researchers) because it is created in the body through sunlight and no other vitamin does so.

Kizuna
February 27th, 2012, 11:23 AM
A funny thing my sister in law(she's from california) has noticed, her hair grows faster in Sweden than it did in her home town in california. I have no idea why and neither does she!

rock007junkie
February 27th, 2012, 11:27 AM
I hope that happens to my hair now that it's starting to get warmer.

dulce
February 27th, 2012, 11:32 AM
Take vit d drops or d capsules.I have had skin cancer on the face so must avoid sun.The sun does make d but it is hard to calculate how much you are actually getting.For these 2 reasons I prefer d supplementation.

DarkAlice
February 27th, 2012, 11:35 AM
i've heard that vitamin D from both the sun and multivitamins can improve hairs quality not so much its growth...as for the exercise you increase your blood flow so it could be possible that the exercise is the reason its growing so fast, i've been exercising too and noticed that my hair looks better the fitter i am..

swearnsue
February 27th, 2012, 11:35 AM
It's hard to say if hair growth increased because of the sun or the fun or even something else like different foods. I live in the desert southwest but my dr. told me I needed to take vit.D3 because of the results of a blood test. Even though I live in the desert I guess I still didn't get enough sun exposure on my skin.

swearnsue
February 27th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Take vit d drops or d capsules.I have had skin cancer on the face so must avoid sun.The sun does make d but it is hard to calculate how much you are actually getting.For these 2 reasons I prefer d supplementation.

My husband had skin cancer, had surgery, and has now been cancer free for 6 years. Just letting you know some good news.

HylianGirl
February 27th, 2012, 11:43 AM
That's interesting, maybe the warmth increased the blood flow on the scalp? I tend to avoid the sun though, it makes my hair dry =(

dulce
February 27th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks Swearnsue! Glad about your husband,I was treated with liquid nitrogen[left no scar thank heavens] and so far it didn't return[a year ago and no new ones yet.I wear a 60 spf daily sunscreen now with a mineral powder spf 20 on top of that daily even if I never leave the house.The doctor said even sun coming through windows can even cause cumulative damage.

Amber_Maiden
February 27th, 2012, 12:18 PM
A funny thing my sister in law(she's from california) has noticed, her hair grows faster in Sweden than it did in her home town in california. I have no idea why and neither does she!

hmmm.. Maybe it has to do with minerals in the water?

spidermom
February 27th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I'm under the impression that it's increased hours of daylight that encourage your hair to grow faster rather than the presence of the sun itself.

Anje
February 27th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Mine grew freakishly fast when I visited Germany in 1999. I wasn't measuring, but it was on the order of 5 inches in 5 weeks.

Maktub
February 27th, 2012, 12:26 PM
One other thing : the joys of summer = a lot less stress for many people than in the winter months. Less stress = more and happy hair !