PDA

View Full Version : why is my scalp sore?

Annalouise
February 27th, 2012, 08:04 AM
What causes a sore scalp? The second day after I wash my scalp always feels sore so that when I flip my hair to the other side, or in another direction, it sortof hurts.

I've never been able to determine why that is? Does everyone's scalp feel sensitive when they move their hair in another direction?:)

Is it oil on the scalp weighing down the hair? Or is it perhaps the wrong shampoo?

Amber_Maiden
February 27th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Sometimes my scalp gets sore- from wearing my hair a certain way for too long...

Madora
February 27th, 2012, 08:25 AM
It sounds like your hair follicles are complaining. Perhaps it is how you shampoo that is causing the problem. Do you shampoo bent at the waist or standing erect?

If the follicles are accustomed to being in a certain position most of the time, but are in a different position during the washing process, then they will protest..and your scalp will hurt.

Annalouise
February 27th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Hi Madora:) I shampoo standing up straight. When I shampoo my hair I do tend to mess up my hair alot as I vigorously scrub my scalp. Is that bad? Other than that I wear my hair down the same way everyday.

Ambermaiden:), My scalp hurts when I have been wearing it down. I don't have that much hair so its not like its heavy.:D I wish it was.