PDA

View Full Version : I'm as anxious as a child on Christmas eve!

GaJunebug
February 26th, 2012, 11:10 PM
I can't wait to get some new hair toys that I ordered last week. I ordered a classic, plain hair fork and a hair stick that's carved to look like a shrimp!

As soon as they arrive I'll share pics of my new goodies! Anybody else out there awaiting new hair toys or just got something new at the shoppes?

tokitoki
February 26th, 2012, 11:32 PM
I finally bought a comb (I haven't combed my hair in at least 6 years) to try to use for combing conditioner through my hair. I'm excited to feel one on my scalp again! I hope I like it! I bought mine from hairsense after reading some recommendations here.
I hope your mail arrives quickly!

annamoonfairy
February 26th, 2012, 11:54 PM
I will take some pictures of my collection : )

GaJunebug
February 27th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Rats! The postman came and didn't leave me anything fun and interesting! I don't think my new hair toys will EVER get here!

I'd love to see your collection, annamoonfairy!

Covet
February 27th, 2012, 01:37 PM
I can't wait to see the shrimp hair stick haha! I haven't actually got any interesting or pretty hair toys but I have seen some beautiful ones. I think I'll have to wait until my hair is longer and I learn how to do some hairstyles before I buy some.

RapunzelKat
February 27th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Hooray for new hairtoys! :disco: Can't wait to see your pics when it arrives :D

I haven't invested in any nice hairtoys yet, as I'm still struggling to get my hair to cooperate with hairsticks :p I just have a couple basic things to practice with. If I can get the hang of it, though, I'm getting me some Ketylos :eyebrows:

Viscountess
February 27th, 2012, 03:46 PM
I just ordered six hair toys from an Etsy store called Quecraft... I ordered a horn comb and some hair sticks and forks! Excitment abounds!

GaJunebug
February 27th, 2012, 04:11 PM
I just ordered six hair toys from an Etsy store called Quecraft... I ordered a horn comb and some hair sticks and forks! Excitment abounds!

That's the same store I ordered from! :)

Sillage
February 27th, 2012, 04:25 PM
I just placed an order with Quecraft yesterday. We all seem to be thinking the same way!

Amber_Maiden
February 27th, 2012, 04:33 PM
Waiting on a Grahtoe hair fork, 2 Ficcares, a silk sleep cap, and some henna and herbs, etc

The shrimp hair toy sounds cool!

GaJunebug
March 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
I'm really trying to be patient...as we all know, a watched for hair toy never arrives in the mail!

Can't wait for the shrimp stick!

While I'm waiting, could anyone give helpful hints for using a two pronged hair fork? is it kinda sorta like a single hair stick in that you use the fork to weave in and out of the hair to secure it?

Did anyone else get their hair goodies yet?

whitedove
March 1st, 2012, 04:51 PM
I have 4 hair sticks on order due sometime next week :D Been browsing for more already... this could get a bit addictive!

GaJunebug
March 3rd, 2012, 03:38 PM
Guess what just came in the mail!

Pictures to follow...these will be my first pics posted to the forum. I think I can figure it out....

Whoo hoo!

3mily
March 3rd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Talking about shopping is nearly as fun as the shopping itself! I'm waiting on my first Ficarre, (a medium in jade green with gold border), the Ficarre 'Rock Star' hair fork in silver and a blue lapis hairstick, also a first for me. They should be here in the next day or so. Wish me luck in my attempts at styling with them! :poot:

Messyhair
March 3rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the shrimp stick...

GaJunebug
March 3rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Did it work? Did the picture come through?

Rats. Let me try again.

GaJunebug
March 3rd, 2012, 06:25 PM
Ah-ha! I think I've figured it out! I'm nt allowed to post pictures !

Is this a feature that you have bestowed upon you after so many posts?

whitedove
March 3rd, 2012, 06:29 PM
Could you put one as your avatar?

GaJunebug
March 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure if this is against the rules. Here's a link to the shrimp stick.

If this is frowned upon, please let me know and I'll be glad to remove it.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/80065413/shrimp-handmade-organic-horn-hair-stick?ref=sr_gallery_14&sref=&ga_search_query=quecraft&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_ship_to=US&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_facet=handmade%2Faccessories%2Fhair

GaJunebug
March 3rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
whitedove,
Great idea! I'll try!

whitedove
March 3rd, 2012, 06:43 PM
Pretty stick cant wait to see it, it will look like you have a fish jumping into your hair :)

GaJunebug
March 3rd, 2012, 07:06 PM
Aw, thanks!

Sadly, I'm doing something wrong as it won't let me put a picture on my avatar. :(
I'll try again later.

Beckstar
March 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM
mmmmmmm Did it come with a sideorder of fried rice! ??
It really is a pretty stick.

PixxieStix
March 3rd, 2012, 08:42 PM
Oh, how exciting to get your new hair toy! I had all my new toys (medium silver ficcare, 1 small and 1 medium flexi 8, 3 prong olivewood fork, a few hair sticks) except for my two MairzyDozy forks arrive, and I have been so excited! It's so much fun to see what I can do, which isn't much because of how short my hair it, but it makes me feel special to have different hair toys to use for the same old style.

As for posting a picture, I find the easiest way to do that is to either upload it to one of your albums or a site like photobucket, copy the image link, and in the reply box where you type your posts on the forum, the second button at the top in from the right (picture of a mountain with a sun/moon), click that and paste the image code and ta-da! Instant picture. :) I can't wait to see your stick, it looks so cool.

GaJunebug
March 4th, 2012, 02:23 PM
Thanks for sharing the how to's of adding pictures. I'll give it another try when I have some time.

What other new hair toys have folks gotten? Love to see and hear what others are using in their hair-

Starchild494
May 30th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Oh my! I just purchase my first set of hair forks ever and I'm so excited, even though they just sent it.... I keep looking at the tracking hoping it would magically appear in my mailbox!

Glitch
May 30th, 2018, 04:48 PM
Oh my! I just purchase my first set of hair forks ever and I'm so excited, even though they just sent it.... I keep looking at the tracking hoping it would magically appear in my mailbox!

Aww, same!! Can’t wait for them all (my first hair toys as well) to get here :D