PDA

View Full Version : Mineral oil in conditioner??

GracieRae
February 26th, 2012, 07:54 PM
I bought L'Oreal everstrong bodify conditioner then realized mineral oil is fairly high up in the ingredients. I've been a little nervous about trying it. I know different things work for different people and applying a few drops of mineral oil after washing has helped quite a few but I'm just curious what others experiences are with it in a rinse out?

Sillage
February 26th, 2012, 07:56 PM
I've used conditioners with mineral oil in them and never had a problem. :D

Miss Catrina
February 26th, 2012, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. After all - it does rinse out, and even if it didn't, it seems to be taking LHC by storm lately. Probably the worst that could happen is maybe some limp hair?

GracieRae
February 26th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Oh yeah! I just got this Parachute jasmine oil, its light mineral oil, coconut oil and fragrance. It smells awesome!!! I'll have to try it soon now that a few of you have reassured me :)

ktani
February 27th, 2012, 05:04 AM
I bought L'Oreal everstrong bodify conditioner then realized mineral oil is fairly high up in the ingredients. I've been a little nervous about trying it.

If you find that you do not care for the product, you could add mineral oil drops to an existing conditioner you do like. There are plenty of options, http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2012/02/cosmetic-light-mineral-oilbaby-oil.html.

jacqueline101
February 27th, 2012, 06:32 AM
I'd say try it if you don't like it throw it away.

lapushka
February 27th, 2012, 09:48 AM
I've used conditioners with mineral oil in them and never had a problem. :D

Same here!

Shermie Girl
February 27th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Mineral oil isn't evil. It works for some people, not so much for others. If you have had good results with mineral oil in the past, chances are, the product you were looking at will work just fine for you. :)

GracieRae
February 27th, 2012, 08:11 PM
If you find that you do not care for the product, you could add mineral oil drops to an existing conditioner you do like. There are plenty of options, http://ktanihairsense.blogspot.com/2012/02/cosmetic-light-mineral-oilbaby-oil.html.

Oh I'll have to try that! Thank you! I'm going to check out the link u posted. Thank you for that as well :)

ktani
February 28th, 2012, 05:24 AM
Oh I'll have to try that! Thank you! I'm going to check out the link u posted. Thank you for that as well :)

You are very welcome.