PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone wlse tried the "new" EverSleek Sulfate-free shampoo/conditioner?

Babs1039
February 26th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Today I made my first purchase of a sulfate-free/silicone-free shampoo, Loreal's EverSleek Reparative Smoothing Shampoo. Is anyone else using this brand of shampoo and getting desired moisture/smoothing results? My ends have been excessively dry/frizzy and when I use regular shampoo my hair gets freakishly squeaky clean. I didn't buy the conditioner, but I am thinking about going back to the store tomorrow to see how they will work together.

Any other suggestions of sulfate-free shampoo/conditioners are greatly appreciated as I have no clue as to which brands may work better than others to help with this moisture problem I'm experiencing with my ends.

elbow chic
February 26th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I really like that one! I was happily using it and then my local shop discontinued it. I felt like the conditioner was actually very moisturizing, tho it took a lot, and it's not cheap.

Sillage
February 26th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I like the shampoo but the conditioner was too light for me. Right now I like Dove Nourishing Oil Care conditioner which has a ton of cones in it.

yummie
February 26th, 2012, 10:57 PM
I haven't tried the shampoo but I co wash with eversleek co and it makes my hair nice and soft and not weighed down.

aet2009
February 26th, 2012, 11:33 PM
I use the brown bottle shampoo, I think its the smoothing one. I love it! It cleans without leaving hair squeaky clean and unmanageable. I haven't tried the conditioner just because I have too much hair and the bottle it too much for too little. It would get expensive.

jbn
February 26th, 2012, 11:47 PM
Both my DW and I use both the shampoo and conditioner as one of our goto's and it does a great job. We are both happy with it, except for the price.

jbn

MeowScat
February 27th, 2012, 03:49 AM
I've been using these for about 5 months now. I really like how soft my hair is, but I get greasy the next day (or even later the same wash day...ugh) which is normal for me. My hair is stick-straight with fine strands.

The Hydrating Conditioner worked even better after I clarified for the first time with Prell. Much happier hair now! :)

MoonLover
February 27th, 2012, 12:13 PM
I haven't tried the shampoo or conditioner yet but I use the leave-in, the anti-frizz serum and one of the deep conditioning masques from the same line. I love them all! When I use up all of my other S&C's I will move on to those. I definitely recommend the leave-in, best one I have used. It's a runny gel-like consistency but that works much better than sprays for me.

Babs1039
February 28th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the help and advice! :D I may have to try the Dove next time after seeing what happens; I'm just curious as to how the no cone/sulfate conditioner will leave my hair. I opted to buy the conditioning mask and the spray/leave-in conditioner.

One more question: Can I use the leave-in conditioner to smooth my dry hair in the mornings after I comb it or does that make for greasy, limp hair?

MoonLover
February 28th, 2012, 02:17 PM
It definitely won't be greasy. It could get crunchy if you don't evenly distribute it though, just like gel.

Maelyssa
February 28th, 2012, 02:19 PM
I definitely liked that one. Very moisturizing! In fact, the only real reason I stopped using it was financial. I have 8 people in the house and at the time we were going through it like water. Lol
The conditioner is great too!