PDA

View Full Version : Hair vs personality

DancingQueen
February 26th, 2012, 10:58 AM
So, this is kinda freaky, but somehow, it fits rather well. Anyways, a friend of mine said that hair type and personality often matched. I started putting words on my hair - and I found that they fit incredibly well on my personality.

-----------

Sometimes, my hair simply refuses to 'fit in' and behave like everyone else's hair, and funny enough, I have never really fit into society.

Sometimes, I can make it look good for a short while, but it always puff up and looks crazy. Just like I can make myself 'fit in' for a while by being someone else, but at some point, my true colors will always get through. I also have a pretty big temper.

Stubborn - well, let's just say that I come from two very stubborn families, so I guess I got a 'double dose' of stubbornness in my personality. As you can se in the above, my hair can be very stubborn as well.

Have you ever seen an angry cat get twice as big? My hair is a bit alike that when it is raining. I guess you can say, that I tend to put up a brave face when I meet a road block, but really, I am not as strong as I seem. (I have no idea if that makes sense to you, but I don't know how else to explain it.

Tangles. Even though my hair is short, it tend to tangle a lot, even though it doesn't nesseceraly look tangled. This also fit very well, as people can't always see when I am sad or have problems, because I simply don't seem like it.

Colour change. Since I am a blondette, my hair can seem to have a lot of different colors, just like I seem to have a lot of different personalities at times. (don't think I am crazy - but you get the point) I have a philosopher, a scientist, ar romantic, etc. inside of me.

Beautiful. Even if I can go crazy over my hair, it can look incredibly gorgeous when it want to. It have beautiful curls, and I love the unique color. Just like my personality. I might seem unusual and different from other people, but if you look beneath all the frames in society, I am also beautiful, just like everyone else.

---------------

Crazy, right? So, what does your hair say about you? :)

lostchyld
February 26th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I could easily relate my hair to my personality right now. It's laid back when I'm laid back, but heaven forbid I should get stressed, my hair will show it. It's nervous and acts up if it thinks I'm ignoring it. It has bouncy curls that relax quickly, just the same as I start every day with a bounce in my step, but am dragging by early evening. There's other things, but you get the idea.

Avital88
February 26th, 2012, 11:11 AM
hmm kinda true.
My hair is very versatile,never expect what can happen :D
It has multiple colors.
My daughter aswell,very wild hair and let she be a very wild child :D

DaniVerde
February 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
My hair has a mind of its own...never mind the whole "marching to the beat of it's own drum", my hair has its own symphony orchestra!!

And well, I've been described as the same... :)

lostchyld
February 26th, 2012, 11:16 AM
My hair has a mind of its own...never mind the whole "marching to the beat of it's own drum", my hair has its own symphony orchestra!!

And well, I've been described as the same... :)

My friends have told my my personal drummer has epilepsy...

DaniVerde
February 26th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Ha! That's so cute..I may have to use that!

Or if not epilepsy, perhaps a muscle tic?

Bedhead
February 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM
My hair is a foodie, and likes to luxuriate in rich but healthy fats. It can be described as firey, but has toned down over the years. It reflects my moods, when it's not happy, or seems not well, I'm not. And it knows how to compromise if need be. Water seems flows over it like water off a ducks back, but if you look close enough or rub it enough, you'll see some of the water can actually penetrate it, it's just not so obvious.

Yep, I could go on and on, but this is what I've thought of for now, and , yes, all the above could be said about me.

Interesting thread!

pink.sara
February 26th, 2012, 11:41 AM
My hair is 2 toned.... that probably means I'm schizophrenic?! ;)

terylenerose
February 26th, 2012, 11:58 AM
My hair doesn't "fit in", to the extent that hair can actually fit in with anything. I have never fit in either. It's hard to put a label on my hair. It's hard to straighten, but just as hard to curl. It never likes to do exactly what you want it to do. It's naturally somewhat frizzy. It's several different colors and thicknesses. I don't know how you could relate all that to me, though.

DancingQueen
February 26th, 2012, 12:10 PM
My hair doesn't "fit in", to the extent that hair can actually fit in with anything. I have never fit in either. It's hard to put a label on my hair. It's hard to straighten, but just as hard to curl. It never likes to do exactly what you want it to do. It's naturally somewhat frizzy. It's several different colors and thicknesses. I don't know how you could relate all that to me, though.

I know exactly what you mean, it never act as you want it to. Your hair sound a bit like mine.

Hmm, of course I can't be sure, but the straightening/curling part could mean that you have a very strong personality, that is not easily repressed by outside influence, even if it could have an effect to some extent. That would be pretty cool. And you could say that different colors means a colorful and interesting personality as well. It all depends on how you interpret it. :)

Tisiloves
February 26th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Looks like it should be normal and boring, totally isn't.

Amber_Maiden
February 26th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Yes, definitely the same personality. I have a big outgoing personality, and I'm a nonconformist- and so is my hair! ;)

princessp
February 26th, 2012, 08:04 PM
Lol, I love this thread. Yes I am definitely very unconventional just like my hair! :D

roxee
February 26th, 2012, 08:59 PM
my hair's quite wild and hard to tame naturally, which is what my family has always said about me so I agree hair does fit personality very well

bluebird77
February 26th, 2012, 09:30 PM
Hmmm... my hair is a little damaged, but not so much you'd notice, unless you get very close to it. Yes, that sounds about right.

holothuroidea
February 26th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Mm.. my hair is hard to fit into any category. Is it wavy or straight? Is it blonde or brown? Is that a frizz or a fly away? (I call them frizzaways)

I fit into about as many boxes as my hair does.

Shepherdess
February 27th, 2012, 12:07 AM
My hair is very long and dark golden. It is pretty easy to keep up with for how long it is and it feels pretty soft. It is also very curly when left loose and likes to curl whichever way you let it. After thinking about it, yes I do think my hair fits my personality perfectly. I'm a pretty easy going person, while at the same time I am very different from everyone else in many of my ways and beliefs. I have many different interests which lead me many different ways if you let me.

Wow, I like this thread! :D

Edit: actually, I think my hair is honey blonde.

sfgirl
February 27th, 2012, 01:51 AM
My hair does not do well with damage. It needs to be treated sensitively, or else it crumbles. I guess I'm sensitive too, I'm just not so obvious about it. :)

CorinaS
February 27th, 2012, 05:57 AM
Offtopic: I just LOVE this kind of threads where EVERYBODY says they're a nonconformist ;).

Back to topic: I don't think hair says anything about personality, not my own or anybody else, but it can be fun interpretation game.

jacqueline101
February 27th, 2012, 06:09 AM
I agree on that my hair is always changing colors on its own. Like me I'm always changing.

Purdy Bear
February 27th, 2012, 06:11 AM
I wonder where I come in then, having no hair - maybe I should be spiritual like a Tibetan Nun or something which is totally true.

Iv found blonde, brunettes, gingers etc pretty much do fit into a certain character trait and thinking about it I always get on better with brunettes for some reason.

humble_knight
March 1st, 2012, 03:39 AM
I wonder where I come in then, having no hair - maybe I should be spiritual like a Tibetan Nun or something which is totally true

I get : "You look like a young Dalai Llama" :face: from joking friends and co-workers.

My opinion is that society, in general, tries to find meaning in everything, so that does include hair. I remember a BBC2 documentary back in the 1990s which was about hair. They featured an English lass who had floorlength, ginger hair plus other people who spoke about what their hair meant to them.

TeaEarlGreyHot
March 1st, 2012, 01:11 PM
It's true! My hair is naturally has tons of body :rollin:

TeaEarlGreyHot
March 1st, 2012, 01:12 PM
Oh wait that's my body type, not personality. Can my personality be "fluffy" too?

Kristin
March 1st, 2012, 02:16 PM
My hair is calm, happy, and usually behaves as it should. Yep, that fits. :)

PinkyCat
March 1st, 2012, 02:22 PM
My hair is beautiful. :o