PDA

View Full Version : So sloooow...

unknown
February 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
My hair seems to have entered a phase where it just won't grow at all although my hair is in god condition...
What should I do to speed up the growth? I'm way too lazy to use castor oil and such like I used to :bigtongue:

Anyone else having slow growth right now?

DancingQueen
February 26th, 2012, 10:28 AM
I know exactly what you mean, my hair seems to have a very slow growth rate as well. I tried castor oil, and while some people say it works for me, it didn't do a lot for my hair growth. But who knows, it might work for your hair.

Strangely, I do find that my hair seems to grow a little faster after a haircut (I usually cut 1 cm every 3 months), but I don't know how you feel about scissors.

Otherwise, keep healthy and remember to exercise. Good luck with it :)

unknown
February 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
I know exactly what you mean, my hair seems to have a very slow growth rate as well. I tried castor oil, and while some people say it works for me, it didn't do a lot for my hair growth. But who knows, it might work for your hair.

Strangely, I do find that my hair seems to grow a little faster after a haircut (I usually cut 1 cm every 3 months), but I don't know how you feel about scissors.

Otherwise, keep healthy and remember to exercise. Good luck with it :)

Castor oil was great for me, but it's too much of a hassle now as I'm WO/CO-washing and my hair just hates oil.

I microtrim about 2mm every month to prevent split ends, but I haven't experienced the faster growth...

Madora
February 26th, 2012, 10:49 AM
@Unknown...

If you don't already, you might want to try daily hair massage.

You can do it while bent at the waist, or while laying on your bed, with your head over the edge of the bed.

Assuming that you're treating your hair gently (no blow frying, straightening, etc.) then perhaps your hair is just going through a stall.

Have patience..your hair is growing...it's just taking time to show progress.

WaterMusic
February 26th, 2012, 11:40 AM
I've been in a period of really slow growth for a couple of months. I usually get the average growth rate, but it's only grown about 1/4" in two months. I'm trying to not think about it.

Avital88
February 26th, 2012, 11:44 AM
mine slowed a bit down aswell the last months, i just wait,its probably just seasonal and in spring/summer it grows as a weed again..
Do you take multivitamins? You can also try drinking loots of green tea and eating avacado now and then, seems to work for me..
And yes i second scalpmassages

Ligeia_13
February 26th, 2012, 12:20 PM
My hair always grows slow :p even when its supposedly spurting.

unknown
March 16th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Thanks everyone :) I've been doing scalp massages recently but I haven't really experienced any faster growth.I tried to use a tiny amount of oil as well which turned into a disaster. Maybe essential oils will help?

jojo
March 17th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Things which have helped for me are BBB's like a scalp massage , monistat and trims but the best thing to do is ignore it! It will be growing, even though your only seeing the odd 1/4" growth in the length, your shorter hairs will be gaining length!

swearnsue
March 17th, 2012, 06:40 PM
Helping hair grow...so much depends on each individual. But, some things to try are vitamins, exercise, massage, positive thinking and doing things you love to do and forget about your hair for a while.

SunlightShines
March 17th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Castor Oil??

kidari
March 17th, 2012, 06:53 PM
It's normal to have slower growth in the colder months and faster growth in the summer months. A healthy diet and regular exercise along with daily scalp massages and regular monthly microtrims help me the most. I recently started trimming according to the moon cycle- right before the moon is at it's fullest point.

luckyduck
March 17th, 2012, 08:20 PM
2mm trim every month seems like a lot of trimming to me, unless you are only maintaining your current length. Try trimming every three months and see if you can keep more of your growth. I only trim twice a year. When I reach classic, probably another year, I will begin to trim more often to maintain the growth I have and improve my hemline.

spidermom
March 17th, 2012, 10:10 PM
What works best for me is to throw my hair up every day without even looking at it, then get busy with something else. One day I'll be standing in the shower or catch sight of my hair while it's down and HOLEY MOLEY! It grew!

trolleypup
March 18th, 2012, 12:14 AM
What works best for me is to throw my hair up every day without even looking at it, then get busy with something else. One day I'll be standing in the shower or catch sight of my hair while it's down and HOLEY MOLEY! It grew!
I second this. While paying attention, I determined I was at terminal...completely ignored it and suddenly I had 3 more inches and my standard bun just isn't quite so secure...that was actually what got me to measure.

Falcore
March 18th, 2012, 12:38 AM
Eating protein and taking some multi-vitamins helps

hototogisu
March 18th, 2012, 02:42 AM
I think prenatals are a bit controversial around here, but let me tell you my hair started growing like a weed when I started on them. I've also been taking saw palmetto to offset some HBC induced hair loss, and that's been really helping as well. A fun side effect - my nails are super strong and won't stop growing. Someone actually asked me if they're acrylic yesterday.

This advice is very much YMMV, but I know prenatals and saw palmetto helped me out of a stall.

jacqueline101
March 18th, 2012, 12:57 PM
I say monistat and ignoring it. My hair has started growing slow again and I'm going to wear it up all the time. Ignore it for 90 days.

einna
March 18th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Exercise seems to be helping me gaining some lenght! :) Also a healthy diet.

gothic_lady
March 18th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Hi, I've noticed that my hair has a very very slow growing phase once in a few years. No matter what I do this lasts for a few months (3 or 4, no more). It happened to me a few years ago and I thought I've reached my terminal length. No matter what I did, my hair grew incredibly sloooow. I was desperate! But now I know my hair and I am again in this perioad of slooow growing, so I just wait for these 3-4 months to pass. You should try all the tipps already mentioned: oil, massage, multivitamins and just have patience. Your hair will grow! :)

Covet
March 18th, 2012, 02:38 PM

Yup, this! I've started putting my hair up more often and it has helped me to forget about how slow things are going right now and I don't even have the urge to get the measuring tape out as often. I'm getting just under half an inch of growth right now, I'm hoping things will speed up in the summer.