PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions - should I get bangs

DancingQueen
February 26th, 2012, 09:33 AM
I need some advice from all you girls (and guys) out there, especially you with bangs. I feel like my hairstyle have been the same for way too long, and it doesn't seem to grow much these days. So, I started wondering: should I get bangs? But would it suit me?

I am not the type to spend forever on my hair, and I rarely use heat (I just let my hair air dry). And I like to be able to move my part around. I was thinking about some side swept bangs, but what do you guys think?

I will put some links to pictures. I'm sorry about the poor quality, but I don't have a very good camera. Any opinion is welcome. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9851&pictureid=127169

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9851&pictureid=127168

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=9851&pictureid=127170

Sjirsten
February 26th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Ooh, I love your curls. What type of bangs are you looking to get? I have blunt bangs myself, but I do have fairly straight hair.

DancingQueen
February 26th, 2012, 09:41 AM
I love blunt bangs, but I don't think they would suit my face :-) I was thinking about some side swept bangs, or some bangs that was easy to maintain with curly hair.

ttverdy
February 26th, 2012, 09:47 AM
I think you would be cute with bangs! You're also cute without, though. Do what you want! I have curly hair, and I've found that side-swept bangs are pretty easy to blend in and/or grow out if you change your mind. Good luck with your decision!

lostchyld
February 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM
If I were to put bangs on you, I'd do some sideswept bangs. My quirkiness would angle them opposite your part, if that makes any sense. I can't think of how to describe it in a way that makes sense.

swearnsue
February 26th, 2012, 09:54 AM
I think bangs would look good as a soft frame to your face. Your hair is so nice a thick the bangs won't make your hair too thin.

holothuroidea
February 26th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I think side swept fringe would be beautiful on you.

You have a cherubic face so I think a blunt fringe might make you look somewhat doll-like, I would avoid it but I've seen people who completely rock that look. It's really up to you.

spidermom
February 26th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Don't do it unless you are absolutely sure that you want bangs.

lostchyld
February 26th, 2012, 10:10 AM
Don't do it unless you are absolutely sure that you want bangs.

See, I really disagree here. I think the only way to know for sure is to try it. Sure, it'll take awhile to grow back, but it will grow back. She's not committing to bangs for life.

Maelyssa
February 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM
I think longer, side swept bangs would look pretty on you. Your own consideration, though, should be whether or not you have any curl in your hair that you would need to straighten with a blow dryer or flat iron.

lostchyld
February 26th, 2012, 10:22 AM
I think longer, side swept bangs would look pretty on you. Your own consideration, though, should be whether or not you have any curl in your hair that you would need to straighten with a blow dryer or flat iron.

I just got my bangs cut long enough to have some nice ringlets by my face. Curls are not a problem, they're a solution. I could see waves wanting straightened, but I think longer curly bangs look awesome.

beachgirlla
February 26th, 2012, 10:24 AM
NO BANG, you have lovely face, your hair on the curly side and your bang will be frizzy and wavy and it won't look good on anyone, UNLESS you want to spend hours straightening it to look nice, your hair is looking great, you need no bang but you can easily style your hair differently without the need to have a short bang :)

savannahlove
February 26th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Go for side swept bangs. (: I have them, and they're ridiculously easy to manage when it comes to styling. If you don't want them in your face, it takes about five seconds to clip them back too.

Zefyra
February 26th, 2012, 10:47 AM
I agree that side bangs would be awesome.
Or perhaps some face framing layers on each side. You like to move your part around and I think that might be an option. You could part to either side or down the middle and it would still look attractive. (Ive had bangs my whole life, and happen to really like that sort of thing on myself. YMMV though as I have rather straight hair.)
I also happen to think these would be the easiest to grow out. If you cut them to about nose-mouth length then you would already have avoided the worst of the growing out stage.

spike316
February 26th, 2012, 11:13 AM
I think you'd look super cute with bangs. Beware though I had some blunt bangs that looked fabulous and then they were WAY too high maintenence. I've been growing them out for a bit longer than a year now and they're finally to my chin, but still a bit too short to put in a ponytail. :(