PDA

View Full Version : half fine/medium half course?

bubblyredhead
February 26th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Lately half of my shed hairs are this weird frankenstine hairs that are like the last 4-6 inches very coarse and the rest to the root is a medium fine hair same color, could my hair be changing back to the original texture it had 3 years ago?

rena
February 26th, 2012, 01:23 AM
If I may ask, what was the texture three years ago? Is it possible there's been a change in your routine?

You may have seen this question coming, but are you undergoing any physical changes lately that may be linked to your hormones? Just to be on the safe side, I would keep in touch with my doctor just to rule out anything serious. I don't want to sound like I'm scaring you, its just good to be well informed so nothing can sneak up on you. I've had issues with an imbalance of my hormones for some time and its unbelievable how it can effect your hair.

bubblyredhead
February 26th, 2012, 03:12 AM
I should have thought about that, 3 years ago I was in a car accident and have been on a lovely meal worth of pills since then up until about 6-8 months ago where I have been taking myself off meds and changing them around ( yea yea yea I know not smart) anyway could : lyrica, nuerotin, lortab ( 10/500mg) percocet (7.5/300mg)( not sure if it is 300 or 500) lidoderm 2% patch cymbalta, ultram, flexeril, soma errr I am sure I am leaving out a number of them and more than likely there won't be a for sure answer on here for this. (END Ramble)

The texture prior to this was medium fine that drank protein and moisture like crazy but still maintained being silky and soft very straight with a slight flip at the ends. about 9 months after the accident my hair turned to dry coarse and wavy/ curly. I thought it was straightening out just due to length but have recently cut some more layers around my face and they stay fairly straight.

My doctors are keeping a fairly closeish monitor on my organ functionings and what nots

I do apologize about the long post. Please feel free to skim :-)