PDA

View Full Version : Thirsty Hair?

rubyredslippers
July 20th, 2008, 12:11 PM
At last, I've come to the end of my bottle of conditioner, and I'm ready to try something new. To go cone-free for the first time. And I was wondering, what store-bought cone-free conditioners would LHCers recommend for thirsty, moisture-loving hair? Or even conditioners with cones that work well?

I would like to either WC of CWC, with the occasional EVOO treatment. I use Burts Bees Soy & Pommegranite shampoo, and I like it, so I'm considering trying one of the conditioners. Has anyone had experience with Burts Bees conditioners?

Please note that I live in a small city, so the selection available is kind of limited. (There are drugstores, nutrition places, and a Body Shop, but no Sally's or beauty supply outlets.)

GlassEyes
July 20th, 2008, 01:26 PM
I've tried a lot of cone free conditioners, but nothing works better for me than Suave's Naturals conditioners. I've tried some others, but seriously, this stuff works the best, and it's cheap too, so I just cake the stuff on.

I used to use V05 and some other, pricier conditioner I can't remember the name of, and they worked, but not as well as Suave, mainly because my hair hates protein, and with V05, you have to be careful with that. They had better smelling stuff though. T_T Sadly.

However, I'd give Suave or V05 a go, and if you don't like them, V05 is about 99 cents, and Suave isn't much more for one of the family sized containers.

berr
July 20th, 2008, 01:52 PM
I tried naked naturals and they worked well.

Riot Crrl
July 20th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Aubrey Organics are nice heavy cone free conditioners. The health food places might have them.

You might want to clarify with sulfates to get the cones off before you start.

crebbsgirl
July 20th, 2008, 02:35 PM
I am currently using Jonathan|product Green Rootine Conditioner and my hair is loving it. I got it from Sephora, and my hair just drinks it right up. It's a little on the expensive side - not going to lie, but for me, it has really helped my dry, tangled-mess hair!

Carolyn
July 20th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Yes Burt's conditioners are wonderful. I've tried all of them and liked them all. The deep conditioner in the tube is awesome as is the More Moisture. Walgreens and Target are now carrying at least part of the line. A health food store might be willing to order them for you. I like Freeman conditioners but they are kind of hard to find. They are drugstore type conditioners. Trader Joe's conditioners are very moisturizing and smell great too. Terax Crema is great for a heavier conditioner and is available at Sephora. I love Aveda conditioners but they are more expensive that the ones I mentioned. You have to go to an Aveda salon to get them.

Siava
July 21st, 2008, 12:50 PM
I also endorse the Suave Naturals line. IMO they give great slip for finger combing in the shower, aren't heavy, and provide plenty of moisture.

Curlsgirl
July 21st, 2008, 01:24 PM
I like Giovanni. The SAS line is amazing and I also like the direct leave-in. They often have them at health food stores or even drug stores now.

lora410
July 21st, 2008, 01:28 PM
Definetly clarify first. I like Vo5 mositure milk line line alot, and labella placenta condish is my fav. There is a list of non-cones around here somewhere. maybe someone can pop in a diect ya there

DotDotDot
July 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM
Definetly clarify first. I like Vo5 mositure milk line line alot, and labella placenta condish is my fav. There is a list of non-cones around here somewhere. maybe someone can pop in a diect ya there

At your service! :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2216

danacc
July 26th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner is the very definition of moisturizing. As Carolyn mentioned, a health food store might order it for you if they don't carry it. I've heard good things about the Burt's Bees products, but haven't tried them personally. If you have easy access to them, I recommend trying them first since you know your hair likes their shampoo formula.