PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else have random ringlets on their underlayer of hair?

Kira94
February 25th, 2012, 08:14 PM
My hair is generally 2b, however, underneath I have ringlets. They bounce up to a lot shorter than the rest of my hair, and are still clearly more curly than the rest of my hair even when brushed.
Here are some pictures:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8880&pictureid=127114
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8880&pictureid=127113

Sometimes they're even tighter than in these pictures. Hopefully you can see them hidden with the rest of my waves in the second picture. :)

Anyway, yeah, does anyone else have these? I'd love to see pictures if you do. Maybe my hair isn't the only one that can't make up its mind? :D

spidermom
February 25th, 2012, 08:23 PM
I have those, although I also have a few other curly areas scattered over my head. I don't have any pictures loaded, though. I loved seeing yours. That's very pretty. I used to leave a curl or two free when I did up-dos but haven't in a long time; don't know why.

PixxieStix
February 25th, 2012, 08:27 PM
My mom has something like that going on with her hair, but she always straightens it out. Said it drove her nuts. :D I always thought it was kinda cool.

Amber_Maiden
February 25th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Yes, I have those. They do get less curly though once I brush them out.

Kelikea
February 25th, 2012, 08:49 PM
I have something like that, only not on the underside. My udner-layer is mostly straighter, but I get the ringlets (not even sure if mine should be called that, they are so long) mostly on the right side of my hair. the left side is left looking a little flattish. As you can see from the pic, it is taken from the right side.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=126275&albumid=8987&dl=1329099559&thumb=1
I think the curliest part of my hair is actually in the middle. If I pull up my canopy and look at the center of my head, it is like 2c all the way. Like this pic shows:http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=121778&albumid=8987&dl=1324607053&thumb=1
But here is an example of my hair being more 2b:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=126524&albumid=8987&dl=1329437011&thumb=1
And if I ever have bangs cut, they appear mostly straight, like 1b-2a. I had some cut in 2009 and they just looked weird. They are grown out to collar bone on the left (looks 1b) and APL on the right (looks 2a with a spiral at the very end). Any wispies I get at the hairline in the wind appear very straight. My hair definitely has different personalities.

patienceneeded
February 25th, 2012, 09:19 PM
My hair does that too. I rather like it...

Mesmerise
February 25th, 2012, 09:25 PM
My hair does ringlets too... maybe not quite so tight as those... it's probably the only reason I define my hair as 2a instead of 1c... because the curls sort of boost it into curlier territory!

rock007junkie
February 25th, 2012, 09:51 PM
I have those. I have a theory that they are like that because I don't brush them as much as the hair on top. In a couple of months I'm going to try a firger detangling only routine to see if I can get the hair on top to math those hidden ringlets

dwell_in_safety
February 25th, 2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah, I get those. My baby hairs around my neck like to form ringlets, too. I have no idea why, but I like 'em. :D

blondie9912
February 26th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Yeah, I get those. My baby hairs around my neck like to form ringlets, too. I have no idea why, but I like 'em. :D

Ditto :) whenever I wash my face or shower and have my hair in a loose updo, the steam always make this one piece right by my neck on the left side curl

sycamoreboutiqu
February 26th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Yep, totally.

The underlayer is a whole level wurlier than the top layer. The top tends to go smoother (to a degree) right away, but lift up the canopy and it is like a washboard underneath.
It explains the volume.
On the occasions I can actually get the underlayer tamed down smoother, my hair looks to be half the normal volume.
Weird and kind of fun at the same time, until you try to comb it anyway.

woolyleprechaun
February 26th, 2012, 01:27 AM
The Daily Mail is not known for its liberal views....It famously supported the Nazi movement in its early days ;)

NormaJean
February 26th, 2012, 01:30 AM
The Daily Mail is not known for its liberal views....It famously supported the Nazi movement in its early days ;)

What? Did I miss something? Where did that come from?

furnival
February 26th, 2012, 04:04 AM
Daily Mail? ;)

I've got this schizoid hair too- at the front it's stubbornly 1a, the canopy at the back is a gently wavy 1b and underneath is a mass of tightly-curled 2c ringlets. It makes me look like I have strange, puffy hair. If I ever wear it in a half-up I get lots of people cooing over my lovely curls. Why can't ALL my hair be like that? :sad

Avital88
February 26th, 2012, 04:07 AM
yes i have them, in summer my whole hair gets like that ,but in winter usually only the under layers..

roxee
February 26th, 2012, 05:15 AM
mines exactly the same, when I was little all my hair was ringlets but as it got heavier the rest went into lose waves and the underside stayed ringlety

jacqueline101
February 26th, 2012, 07:06 AM
I have those by my ears and nape of my neck.

lapushka
February 26th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Don't have those, but I reckon with those you can call yourself a solid 2c! :)

freecelt
February 26th, 2012, 11:05 AM
Here here! From my temples all the way around to the back of my neck I have this section about 1.5in deep into my hair line that curls more and grows way less than the rest of my hair. I'll try and take a pic.

Emmental
February 26th, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mine have gotten looser as my hair has gotten longer. Mine were a direct result of hormone changes, though.

KN2384
February 26th, 2012, 12:25 PM
I have a few ringlets at my neck. I never noticed them before but now that I am wearing my hair up more often I see them. They don't bother me. I used to think of my hair as straight but the lady who cuts my hair says she has always seen body in my hair. Right now I have layers and some soft curl which I am deciding is not a bad thing. Don't have any pictures to share though.

88Marisa
February 26th, 2012, 12:40 PM
While I do have some very nice ringlets that form immediately behind my ears, I actually have a few chunks of very straight hair at my nape, which is the only hair on my head that's not curly. So I'm the opposite of most of the posters in this thread.

terylenerose
February 28th, 2012, 03:59 PM
My canopy is 2c, but underneath it's more 3a with some 3b thrown in there. My nape is an unknown hairtype because it has "bleach ringlets" at the moment (I'm growing out dye). That part looks like 3a. My baby hairs in front are 3b and like to poke out of the 2c canopy. My shed hairs seem to range from 2a to 3c.

Pinkster8
February 28th, 2012, 04:28 PM
I don't know if this counts, but I have some SL hairs by my nape (Old breakage or something... Not sure) and when I have my wet hair wrapped in a towel turban, the shorter hairs form some tight spirals. Other than that, I mainly just have some random wurls in the middle of my underlayer.

Aimskylove
February 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM
such cute ringlets! :) lol. I have slight ones.

blondyhead
February 28th, 2012, 04:30 PM
My whole head of hair is filled with different curl definitions lol, i think it make the hair look interesting and unique :)

WaimeaWahine
February 28th, 2012, 04:36 PM
My hair is pretty straight on the surface. Underneath there's a ringlet/halo hairs before each ear lobe and a few at the nape of my neck. They seem to be expanding the past year or so to where most of my underneath hair is getting more wavy. See sig.

It's not my style. The hairs at the nape of my neck get in terrible tangles. I prefer a sleeker more modern style [when it comes to pony tails or updos] with my hair so the ringlets by my ears get slicked back and pinned with curved bobby pins.