PDA

View Full Version : A question about Bunheads

patienceneeded
February 25th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Hello all! My Aunt picked up some 2" Bunhead hairpins for me the other day (there's a ballet store next to her bank) and I have a few questions...

1. Do I just slide them in my hair like a regular bobby pin or is there a preferred method?

2. Some of the pins seem rather sharp on the ends, how do I fix this issue? Would clear nail polish on the ends solve this? Something else?

Thanks!

Sundial
February 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM
1. Nope! Think of them as more like mini forks, you have to insert in the opposite direction and pick up some scalp hair before reversing the direction. If you put them in the same way that you put in bobby pins then they will work themselves out of the bun after some time despite their curved shape and crinkled prongs. Some people mentioned that it helps to squeeze the legs together before inserting so that they won't wriggle out but I haven't tried that.

2. Mine seems quite smooth to the touch but a bit of nail polish should fix the problem!

QMacrocarpa
February 26th, 2012, 06:33 AM
You can see bunhead pins in use in this bun tutorial (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKZqNvsWDIU).