PDA

View Full Version : Biotin

bushy
February 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Has anyone had success with Biotin for hair growth?

Madora
February 25th, 2012, 10:38 AM
I think it varies greatly from person to person. Some say it helped with hair growth, others not so much.

I didn't notice much either (although I'm still taking it). However, my nails did grow much faster.

Lipbalmbabe
February 25th, 2012, 10:40 AM
I have but then again I agree with madora, everyone is different

Apriori
February 25th, 2012, 10:45 AM
I took biotin supplements for half a year but it didn't have any effect on my hair growth.

LauraDay
February 25th, 2012, 10:53 AM
I had a very negative experience with Biotin last year, which could have been some kind of allergic reaction.. could have been the fact I bought them online from a company I wasn't thaat familiar with. Anyway I've been too scared to try biotin again! However my research prior to buying some showed that everyone seemed to have brilliant results using the stuff (hence my buying some)

Amber_Maiden
February 25th, 2012, 12:56 PM
I had a negative experience with Biotin- no extra growth + acne!!!

A. Correira
February 25th, 2012, 01:01 PM
I agree with Amber Maiden. I saw no change and just had caused more acne problems for myself!

nicolezoie
February 25th, 2012, 02:43 PM
I've had some luck with biotin bump-starting growth after a 1.5 year stall. But then again, it could have been because my hair decided to start growing again all on its own. My hair, even at this length, remains a mystery to me as to why it does what it does. Biotin did cause some pretty bad acne though. I started taking it again recently to see if it will help me regain some of what I lost after a recent shed. Hopefully it won't make my skin explode again. My skin's not so young anymore and I've started getting acne scars (at 35).

LiveYourDreams
February 25th, 2012, 03:07 PM
I take biotin everyday, and my hair usually grows about an inch a month, but when I stop taking it my hair grows much slower.

maborosi
February 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I've been taking it for only 3 weeks. No acne or anything for me. I think it might be making my lashes grow.

Everyone's different, though. I take a lower-dose pill 3 times a day, as opposed to taking a higher dose just once.

~maborosi~

swearnsue
February 25th, 2012, 06:34 PM
Biotin helps and MSM also, but in minimum doses.

Pinkster8
February 28th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I believe it's helped my hair growth. My nails are growing a lot faster and stronger. I haven't noticed more acne than usual. I take a total of 3,000 mcg a day.

Covet
February 28th, 2012, 04:51 PM
I took it for 6 months and didn't notice any difference in hair OR nail growth, which was extremely disappointing. It's also really weird, because almost everyone seems to get some kind of result from it.

blondyhead
February 28th, 2012, 06:01 PM
I take Biotin everyday, but i've found it makes my nails grow more than my hair????

dwell_in_safety
February 28th, 2012, 06:28 PM
My roommate takes Biotin daily. She used to have thick hair, but now it is very thin indeed. She lost most of her hair in one shed, and a dermatologist recommended Biotin. She stopped taking it for a couple years, but four weeks ago she began again, and now there are little baby hairs all over her head. She took it for months right after her shed and said she gained back a lot of her thickness with it; that appears to be happening again.

Darian Moone
February 28th, 2012, 07:31 PM
I've been taking biotin for years. My hair grows quite quickly, as do my nails. Is it because of the biotin? I'm really not sure as I've been taking it so long that I don't know if it would grow just as fast without it.

Since I have no problems I think I'll just continue to take it and not mess with success.