PDA

View Full Version : Foods known to help hair?

Chastain
February 25th, 2012, 10:28 AM
Are there any foods that are known to help or increase hair growth or hair strength? I would like my hair to grow back as quickly as possible and want to do anything i can to help it.

sarahbrownie
February 25th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Biotin is found in a lot of green veggies like Swiss chard and broccoli. I read a thread a while ago where people thought Millet helped with growth, but I don't know much of the science of that. You might want to look into this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18424) and this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=156&highlight=monistat) for increasing hair growth. Good luck!

Madora
February 25th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Hair only grows as fast as your genes allow. Hair growth can be aided by eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water, etc.

Nothing will make your hair thicker or grow more quickly.

How you take care of it also has a great bearing on how healthy it is..and the longer the strand is, the stronger the hair follicle. Long hair also means the ends become more fragile and therefore need more protecting.

Hair supplements can aid you in your quest for healthy hair but do not always work for all people. There is no one "miracle" supplement.

Long hair is equal parts of diet and patience.

PixxieStix
February 25th, 2012, 11:40 AM
What Madora said, how you care for your hair will determine how much of it you keep without it breaking off or becoming damaged to the point where you'll cut it.

Along with proper care, along the way you'll want to figure out if your hair likes/dislikes proteins, needs moisture, and what products work best for your individual locks. :)

Hair and nails are the first places in the body to show nutritional deficiency, so a well balanced diet is of course in your best interest for your hair to grow healthy, and benefits the rest of your body too.

Something you can try to help stimulate your hair (and it's free to do!) is to give yourself scalp massages. Increased blood flow will increase the nutrients that make it to the hair follicle, thus helping to maximize your growth potential.

Avital88
February 25th, 2012, 11:42 AM
avocado's, yoghurt,cheese,flaxseed oil,green tea.. if i eat these foods a lot, my hair grows better

heidi w.
February 25th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Eating healthy and eating sufficient protein is important. There are no foods, really specifically, especially for increasing hair growth rate specifically.

You might fare better with Ultra Hair Vitamins. This works by slowing the shed rate so that hair sticks around longer.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=Ultra+Hair+Vitamins&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=1201l4009l0l4196l19l14l0l5l5l1l265l2212l0.1 0.3l18l0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=536&wrapid=tlif133019706840310&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=1216589051353620136&sa=X&ei=UDJJT_6sLsyosALC0-jqCA&ved=0CGsQ8wIwAA#
NATURE'S PLUS HAIR CARE VITAMINS

heidi w.

heidi w.
February 25th, 2012, 12:16 PM
Hair only grows as fast as your genes allow. Hair growth can be aided by eating a healthy diet, drinking plenty of water, etc.

How you take care of it also has a great bearing on how healthy it is..and the longer the strand is, the stronger the hair follicle. Long hair also means the ends become more fragile and therefore need more protecting.

Hair supplements can aid you in your quest for healthy hair but do not always work for all people. There is no one "miracle" supplement.

Righty-o.

It's important to keep in mind that the newest hair on one's head is the youngest, and as we go down the length the hair gets older and older. Older hair needs more attention and care because of its fragility. People tend to think their hair is X years old, when in fact this may not be the real case. It's all how one thinks about how hair grows and its age.

heidi w.

maborosi
February 25th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Having a healthy diet, getting plenty of protein, healthy fats, and drinking lots of water are really good things you can do for your hair. Some people have had really good success with adding in biotin, while others haven't. Just be careful with supplements.

Your hair's growth rate is pretty much set in stone, but being healthy can definitely help it out if you're not reaching your full growing potential.

~maborosi~

Shesta
February 25th, 2012, 01:36 PM
At times when I sticked to a diet with lots of protein, veggies, and no less than 2L water per day, my hair grew very well - 3 cm per month. Once I stopped paying as much attention to my diet the growth was reduced.

Lipbalmbabe
February 25th, 2012, 03:50 PM
I second that