PDA

View Full Version : Need some help! Camp hair care

Eirinn
July 20th, 2008, 09:12 AM
I'm going on camp next week:D But the last time I've been there my hair went so demaged that I had to cut it and The Hairdresser Van Hell cut it to APL:wail: (hey, it rhymes). I won't let it happen again! But I don't have possibilities and enough time to care of it properly. Not the same as my normal routine you know:shrug:

Can you give me some suggestions how can I keep it healthy and nice with some quick methods?:flower:

Chromis
July 20th, 2008, 09:41 AM
If you do a search for camping you will find tons of tips!

I braid mine and then cover my scalp with a bandanna for starters.

Eirinn
July 20th, 2008, 10:03 AM
If you do a search for camping you will find tons of tips!

I braid mine and then cover my scalp with a bandanna for starters.

But I don't mean *camping* like tents, no shower and stuff... I mean English camp. Did I use wrong word for this?:confused:

Chromis
July 20th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Oooh, than that is something different that I am thinking! Is this like a band camp kind of thing? What all is involved in English camp?

freznow
July 20th, 2008, 01:20 PM
I had Latin academy for 3 weeks. It was in a dorm. I had a room mate and there was another room in our suite so 4 people to the bathroom. There was little time because everything was scheduled. Our instructor got a bit mad when we called it camp. "It's not a 'camp', it's an academy," he'd say. Is this more what you're talking about?

If so... I just used benign neglect for most of it. I washed a grand total of 2 times in the 3 weeks, and used WO in between. It was quick and for me it worked amazingly well. We barely had any time to breath and I'm lazy anyways so that's what I did. I wore it up almost every day, didn't bother with how it looked in the mirror (and amazingly it looks great in all the pictures people took of me), and just mostly forgot about it.

I guess the biggest thing was to wear it up or in a braid. That prevented most damage and kept it out of my way so I could enjoy the time there. And keep your routine there really simple, use as few products as you can manage and don't try anything new. WO might be your best friend (if it agrees with you).

Eirinn
July 21st, 2008, 05:55 AM
I had Latin academy for 3 weeks. It was in a dorm. I had a room mate and there was another room in our suite so 4 people to the bathroom. There was little time because everything was scheduled. Our instructor got a bit mad when we called it camp. "It's not a 'camp', it's an academy," he'd say. Is this more what you're talking about?

If so... I just used benign neglect for most of it. I washed a grand total of 2 times in the 3 weeks, and used WO in between. It was quick and for me it worked amazingly well. We barely had any time to breath and I'm lazy anyways so that's what I did. I wore it up almost every day, didn't bother with how it looked in the mirror (and amazingly it looks great in all the pictures people took of me), and just mostly forgot about it.

I guess the biggest thing was to wear it up or in a braid. That prevented most damage and kept it out of my way so I could enjoy the time there. And keep your routine there really simple, use as few products as you can manage and don't try anything new. WO might be your best friend (if it agrees with you).

I like Latin:D Yes, it's something like that but the Americans who are staff there keep on calling it 'Camp':shrug: And I don't know how to do WO:hmm: The biggest problem is to condition it properly when I can't sit with conditioner on my head for hours. So I'll be greasy and dryied out at the same time:knuckle: Plus my DF is also going too so I'd like to wear it in some rather pretty styles you know:o

MoonCreature
July 21st, 2008, 06:14 AM
I would take a misting bottle with a bit of ('coneless) co, aloe gel and some jojobaoil, fill up with water, shake it well and mist the hair in the morning and in the evening if it feels dry.

IMO there are some cute styles that hides the hair being a bit greasy, for example dutch braids, most tight buns and half ups (half-up bun and braid for exampe). Scarves are also cute.

Braid the hair for the night or put it in a protective nightcap/silkscarf.

Eirinn
July 21st, 2008, 06:39 AM
I would take a misting bottle with a bit of ('coneless) co, aloe gel and some jojobaoil, fill up with water, shake it well and mist the hair in the morning and in the evening if it feels dry.

IMO there are some cute styles that hides the hair being a bit greasy, for example dutch braids, most tight buns and half ups (half-up bun and braid for exampe). Scarves are also cute.

Braid the hair for the night or put it in a protective nightcap/silkscarf.

Hmm misting bottle sounds as a good idea, thanks:flower: But why coneless? It would leave my hair defenceless:( We don't have aloe gel here also... And my hair decided it doesn't like the oils:wail: Scarves are good idea, too:)

MoonCreature
July 21st, 2008, 07:35 AM
Hmm misting bottle sounds as a good idea, thanks:flower: But why coneless? It would leave my hair defenceless:( We don't have aloe gel here also... And my hair decided it doesn't like the oils:wail: Scarves are good idea, too:)

Coneless just because if you don't have the chance to wash it properly cones will build up and that can lead to problems. But if you can have a proper schampoo-wash once a week it shoud be ok with cones too!

Eirinn
July 21st, 2008, 07:49 AM
Coneless just because if you don't have the chance to wash it properly cones will build up and that can lead to problems. But if you can have a proper schampoo-wash once a week it shoud be ok with cones too!

Oh, no problem with washing itself - only with conditioning after!:) Thanks! But wait... won't it make my hair greasy if this condish should be washed out?:confused:

danacc
July 26th, 2008, 12:32 AM
With just a little conditioner and a lot of water, it will be fine to mist on your hair with no rinsing. If your usual conditioner used this way is making your hair greasy, it means you have too much conditioner in the mister. Pour some of the mixture out, and fill with water again to get a more diluted mix.

Enjoy the camp!

LilyMunster
July 26th, 2008, 09:06 AM
Braid, bun, buff.:cool:
I put a hat of some sort over all of this.