PDA

View Full Version : Clothes that make your hair look longer?

ilovelonghair
July 20th, 2008, 08:50 AM
I came across this topic on another forum and wonder if this has already been discussed here.

I don't know if it really is possible to make hair look longer. I think when I had my hair very long, shorts and short skirts did make it look long, but necesairy longer, it's just that it's more noticable.

sedonia
July 20th, 2008, 08:52 AM
I don't know, but it sounds like a great excuse to wear short skirts, hehe.

Oh, now I can break all the rules: no long hair over 40, and no miniskirts over 35.

trixiebelle
July 20th, 2008, 09:37 AM
I find that if I wear a dress or a longer top in a light colour (my hair is very dark) my hair looks longer because you can see it all and not be distracted by the cut off points or even busy patterns.

ilovelonghair
July 20th, 2008, 09:43 AM
Oh, now I can break all the rules: no long hair over 40, and no miniskirts over 35.

never heard the mini skirt one was 35, but some people have the limit for long hair at 30 :rolleyes: idiotic all these rules.

eadwine
July 20th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Idiotic indeed. When you have the body to wear it, by all means wear it!

Tangles
July 20th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Tank tops make my hair feel longer than it is, probably because of the exposed shoulders etc.

camara
July 20th, 2008, 10:56 AM
You were asking for clothes that make hair look longer, but one thing I found out is that dutch french braids tend to make hair look longer.
Otherwise, if I want to make my hair look especially long, I´m wearing long blouses, i. e. ending at the middle of my thighs or at least below my b*tt.
If I was in better shape, I´d also try short tops.

Kiraela
July 20th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Dark colors make my hair look longer, I think, and shorter shirts. With my normal attire (long skirts) it's hard to tell 'tailbone' or what have you, so 'past the end of the shirt' is a good measuring point - ergo, shorter shirt, longer length past said shirt!

dor3girl
July 20th, 2008, 11:11 AM
For those of us who are pushing the limits of waist length hair... having an empire waist dress seems to make the hair look longer (mostly because the perceived waist is higher, so the hair seems to fall lower than the waist. I also like to contrast shirt color with hair color, just to make the hair stand out more.

HairColoredHair
July 20th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Tighter pants make my hair look longer... Mostly because with the baggy sort no one can tell where my behind ends and my legs begin...

kwaniesiam
July 20th, 2008, 01:14 PM
When your hair is longer than your clothes, you know you have long hair ;)

I think the shorts and miniskirts would certainly make it seem longer, as well as shorter, tighter tops and pants.

sedonia
July 20th, 2008, 01:21 PM
never heard the mini skirt one was 35,

That's on a street sign at the beginning montage of "What not to wear".

I reject it.

It is stupid, even if you accept the insane youth-worshiping mindset. Legs are the one body part that you can keep looking great just by keeping them muscular and strong.

curly girl fla
July 20th, 2008, 02:35 PM
My first thought was "give me the website link now!"...

mellie
July 20th, 2008, 02:51 PM
now I can break all the rules: no long hair over 40, and no miniskirts over 35.

Haha, that's fabulous! :-)

I would definitely second that lighter colors work better to show off your hair, at least if you have dark hair. I guess the opposite would be true if you have light hair?

noelgirl
July 20th, 2008, 03:55 PM
I have this one jacket that belts a bit above waist, and it makes me look like I'm at waist (even though I'm not). So yeah, seconding what was said about empire waists.

Riot Crrl
July 20th, 2008, 04:27 PM
You were asking for clothes that make hair look longer, but one thing I found out is that dutch french braids tend to make hair look longer.

I just noticed that the other day. I was watching I Love Money, arguably the worst reality show ever conceived. Rodeo (formerly of Rock of Love, another fine program) had two dutch braids and her hair really did look longer.

bex487
July 20th, 2008, 04:42 PM
I feel like shirts with higher necks make me think that my hair is longer-I don't know, less exposed skin or something? I have a 3/4 length sleeve turtleneck and my hair always seems longer when I wear it.

Oskimosa
July 20th, 2008, 08:21 PM
I'm still a shortie, so when I bring my clothes UP it makes my hair look longer. I love wearing mens-wear style shirts, with the collars and everything, and that makes my hair look longer.

DarkChocolate
July 20th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I find that my hair looks fuller and longer with tight black shirts:)