PDA

View Full Version : Going back to basics

Gilly
February 24th, 2012, 08:44 PM
I have been dabbling with various shampoos, conditioners, some with cones and now my hair is basically rebelling and not playing nice anymore, my curls that were starting to come back and be nice and well formed are now a straggly bitty looking mess with no definition.
I have clarified this morning and as of now am back on a very simple routine.
Wash with Mastey Triate cream shampoo ( I ADORE this stuff!)
Condition with Natures Gate Biotin conditioner
Before bed apply some Panacea hair balm.
I really must try to get back into leaving it to air dry too as lately I have been giving it the once over with a blow dryer, I never leave it in one area and I do keep it at arms length but even so I am convinced that its not doing my fine hair any favours.
I will also be doing protein treatments at least twice a week as I have discovered that my hair cannot get enough of it, it gets beautifully soft, the curls have bounce and the shine is amazing, so I will keep doing that, my hair seems to lose it very quickly so I need to replace it a lot!!!
Anyway, sorry for the ramble but I just thought I would put it out there, so I can read it again when I feel the urge to try something else!!:rolleyes:

jeanniet
February 24th, 2012, 08:52 PM
I love the Mastey Traite, too. I find it very gentle on my hair, although I do still dilute it. I hope going back to basics works for you!

Sillage
February 24th, 2012, 08:55 PM
Gilly, what are you using for protein treatments?

Gilly
February 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM
I love the Mastey Traite, too. I find it very gentle on my hair, although I do still dilute it. I hope going back to basics works for you!
It really is awesome stuff, I buy the litre bottle and use it for shampoo, body and face wash, it's so gentle and my skin loves it too!:cheese:

Gilly
February 24th, 2012, 09:03 PM
Gilly, what are you using for protein treatments?
I use several:
Redken CAT spray (love it!)
Aloxxi Keramix Protein Reconstructor (have not used this one yet but I plan to soon)

Lipbalmbabe
February 24th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Nothing better than the basics!

Jessfoz
February 24th, 2012, 09:07 PM
How regularly are you using the CAT spray? I have one of those Redken Extreme protein treatments, don't think it's the CAT but another protein leave in, at the moment that $30 is wasting as I've gone off the cones so am looking for other ways to protein (tried Henna N Placenta which was nice).

I got the Biotin condiitioner too (I have about 8 different conditioners going at once, crazy) and I thought this had some protein in it also?

Sillage
February 24th, 2012, 09:12 PM
I use several:
Redken CAT spray (love it!)

Do you find that Redken CAT works better with the Extreme conditioner or does it not matter that much?

Gilly
February 24th, 2012, 09:14 PM
How regularly are you using the CAT spray? I have one of those Redken Extreme protein treatments, don't think it's the CAT but another protein leave in, at the moment that $30 is wasting as I've gone off the cones so am looking for other ways to protein (tried Henna N Placenta which was nice).

I got the Biotin condiitioner too (I have about 8 different conditioners going at once, crazy) and I thought this had some protein in it also?
The CAT one is a spray you apply then rinse off after a while, I used it everyday at one point, I would spray it liberally into my hair, leave it for a min while I washed my face then applied Garnier Triple Nutrition over the top of it, left it all on while I finished my shower then rinsed it off.

curlsgalore
February 25th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Where do you purchase the mastey cream shampoo?

Gilly
February 25th, 2012, 11:49 PM
I get it from Price Attack which is an Aussie shop but I believe if you google Mastey or look on Amazon you may be able to find it.
Just had a look on Amazon and it is on there!:D
It's seriously good stuff!

Gilly
February 25th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Do you find that Redken CAT works better with the Extreme conditioner or does it not matter that much?
I don't use the Extreme conditioner as it has silicones in it and I am avoiding them now so I have no idea, sorry!