PDA

View Full Version : Severe Sebhorreic Dermatitis

TeaEarlGreyHot
February 24th, 2012, 07:12 PM
I've always been careful with my hair because like some others I have severe seborrheic dermatitis. I cannot use shampoos and a lot of conditioners. Coconut oil is the only thing mild enough for me. I also cannot scritch my head because it will upset my tender scalp. The dermatologist told me the only thing I could do for it over the counter besides using a very harsh shampoo on it was monistat! I used to be a competitive swimmer but the caps would tear my hair apart and the chlorine would make my face and scalp turn bright red and be so painful and burning.

Luckily, my 7 year old daughter does not have the same problem but I'm teaching her to treat her hair like I do mine. She LOVES making our own shampoo and asking why each step of care is necessary although she has short hair because she has yet to learn the importance of careful detangling and why we don't put our hair in that wind up toy.

Anyway, Is there anyone else out there with tips for scalp conditions and what actually works for them?

Lipbalmbabe
February 24th, 2012, 07:16 PM
I suffer from Sebhorreic Dermatitis, and I found the only shampoo I can use is the trader joes balancing shampoo. It's completely natural-and very cheap. Try it and tell me how it works!