PDA

View Full Version : Friend wants me to do her hair for a wedding

julliams
February 23rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
No, she's on the bride but she doesn't want to spend money going to a hairdresser and thinks I'm the person for the job.

Now I know how to do my own hair....but someone else's is quite a different matter.

She is 49, has just past shoulder length hair, tells me she has slippery fine hair and is conservative in her style. She does look young for her age. I would say she has a long face and I'm pretty sure she has soft bangs.

I'm thinking of just putting it up in hot rollers, then perhaps picking it up at the side and perhaps putting a beautiful comb in it.

Any other suggestions? I don't think she would be into braiding. I think she just wants it styled.

Any tips for slippery hair?

Thanks in advance.

Tisiloves
February 23rd, 2012, 06:42 PM
Ask her if her hair responds better to mechanical or chemical restraint, ie do you need hairpins or spray/gel.

I think the curled pickedup idea sounds lovely, or maybe a curled peacock twist? If it's super slippery try putting some mousse in first, and over rather than under pin.

Amazinggrace
February 23rd, 2012, 06:46 PM
I think you should set up a time, or two, to practice a few diffrent styles. The last thing that either of you want is to have to improvise the day of.

I have done friends hair for thier wedding, we would try out a few styles, and then practice
"the style" once or twice as well. This way, you know how her hair reacts to things, and she can trust it will come out well. :)

I always like when a bride does something just a step up from thier normal look. I think it lets them look like themselves, just a little more fancy. Soft curls, a low bun, a french twist, loose waves, are all very bridal and easy styles.

julliams
February 23rd, 2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks guys,
I have set up a trial with her on monday so we will see how it goes. I did my sister in law's wedding for her and I really had no idea what I was doing but she loved what I did so that was the main thing. But that was a younger look. This is a bit different. I'm sure it will work out well.