PDA

View Full Version : definition :(

longcurlygirl<3
February 23rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
So as my hair has gotten longer I was wondering if there was any safe, perferbaly cg safe, way to define my curls more?

I keep to shea moisture curling smoothie, then grape or sweet almond oil and air dry.

Btw, go check my new pictures up to see recent up dates to my new hair growth. I think I am hip now :D

Mairéad
February 23rd, 2012, 06:09 PM
I've heard acidic rinses, lemon or ACV, can define curls.

Amber_Maiden
February 23rd, 2012, 06:18 PM
Using Alma can also help define curls, as well as aloe vera gel.

tinti
February 23rd, 2012, 06:23 PM
I've had good success with scrunching aloe vera gel in damp hair, and others like to plop :)

LiveYourDreams
February 23rd, 2012, 06:31 PM
I heard amla works good. I haven't tried it yet, but i'll be ordering some from hennasooq really soon.

maborosi
February 23rd, 2012, 07:27 PM
Some people say amla should help you define your curls.

~maborosi~

annamoonfairy
February 23rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
You have beautiful hair : )

manderly
February 23rd, 2012, 09:10 PM
Scrunch in a gel (I use deva) and let your hair air dry without touching. When completely dry, scrunch out the crunch and you will have nicely defined curls.

StormVixen
February 24th, 2012, 04:46 AM
Umberto Giannini Scrunching Jelly (http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/curl_forum/viewthread/257/) is what I use... I <3 it so much! A little goes a long way, in fact using too much is bad; takes hours to dry and looks weird...

(also, apparently (I've not tried it myself), KY Jelly is supposed to be really good... I think I will experiment with this soon!

longcurlygirl<3
February 24th, 2012, 04:43 PM
You have beautiful hair : )

Thanks you
:)

And I have tried aloe vera gel :) and is amla an oil?

Helix
February 24th, 2012, 06:21 PM
Thanks you
:)

And I have tried aloe vera gel :) and is amla an oil?

Amla is an Indian gooseberry. You can buy it in powder form or buy it infused in oil. I don't care for the Dabur brand though - my hair doesn't like mineral oil so I make my own amla infusions at home.

longcurlygirl<3
February 25th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Amla is an Indian gooseberry. You can buy it in powder form or buy it infused in oil. I don't care for the Dabur brand though - my hair doesn't like mineral oil so I make my own amla infusions at home.

wait, then is the powder better? And how could I make my own infusion?

CareBear
February 25th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but to make an infusion, take the oil of your choice and add the amla. Let it steep in a warm place, or put it in a crock pot on warm, then strain the powder out. I do believe pantyhose would work well for this, depending on how fine the amla powder is. The last time I did an herbal infusion I let it steep for a week in a mason jar. I'm sure someone can chime in on the length of time it takes.

Lipbalmbabe
February 25th, 2012, 09:09 AM
My best friend scrunched her curled with aloe Vera gel

lacefrost
February 25th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Some people leave some conditioner in their hair and twirl each curl around their fingers. I'm sure you could do it with aloe. I don't know if it would be feasible for you though. (It seems as if you have a lot of hair.)

Zapookie
February 25th, 2012, 06:22 PM
I've used amla powder. You mix it with warm water (don't use lemon juice, amla is already acidic) and form a paste. Let it sit for about half an hour. I applied mine to freshly shampooed wet hair and put a shower cap on and did other things for maybe 20-30 mins and then washed it out, followed it up with lots of conditioner. I did notice my curls were a little more defined, but I still have half a packet left so I'm going to do it again in a weeks time.