PDA

View Full Version : Updo Help?

danceri110
February 23rd, 2012, 04:37 PM
Hey Everyone! :cheese:
I have a question about keeping my updos in all day - I'm trying to keep my almost-waist length hair up and protected most of the time :D
So I like to do my up-dos high up on my head, and I also try to keep them as flat and spread out as possible because on me that's the most flattering approach. In order to achieve this, my buns are usually fairly loose. The only problem I have with that the bun doesn't stay as well as doing a tighter up-do. :(
Does anyone else have this problem? It might be because of how slippery my hair is, but I don't exactly know.

Shpanks for your help guys! :happydance:

Kelikea
February 23rd, 2012, 04:59 PM
For me, it helps to divide up the bun. For a rose bun, I do two rope braids instead of one. I can also do a two-strand cinnabun. It doesn't necessarily make the bun looser, just divides it up so there is not so much pull in one place. The type of pins or clips will also determine whether or not the bun stays in well. I prefer bunheads hair pins and claw clips.

Kitsu
February 23rd, 2012, 05:01 PM
you could sew your hair in with a ribbon its super pretty and will hold anything all day Torrin paige had a video of how

Manny1826
February 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
yes! ribbon is the way to go-- it's so unbelievably comfortable-- feels like you have no hair when you do that!! ;-) (but in a good way)

danceri110
February 23rd, 2012, 05:14 PM
you could sew your hair in with a ribbon its super pretty and will hold anything all day Torrin paige had a video of how

yes! ribbon is the way to go-- it's so unbelievably comfortable-- feels like you have no hair when you do that!! ;-) (but in a good way)

I would LOVE to be able to sew my hair up with a ribbon, I think it's so pretty! But I don't know if my almost-barely waist-length hair is long enough for that yet /:

jacqueline101
February 23rd, 2012, 05:30 PM
I like the way your hair looks in your aviator picture.

danceri110
February 23rd, 2012, 05:56 PM
I like the way your hair looks in your aviator picture.

Thanks! The only problem with that bun is that if I move my head too much it loosens and eventually falls out (x

Madora
February 23rd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Stable, comfortable buns can be achieved through simple sectioning and secure pinning with hairpins.

Examples: double braided bun, a double cinnamon bun, a cameo bun or a double twisted bun. All of these lie close to the head and are spread out.

You might also like to try the Dutch Flutterby...a single French "Dutch" braid down the center of the head, surrounded by two regular English braids.