PDA

View Full Version : What strengths and weaknesses does your hair have?

RapunzelKat
February 23rd, 2012, 03:31 PM
So I was wondering, what strengths and weaknesses does you hair have? What makes it awesome, and what is its downfall? ;)

My hair's strengths: It laughs in the face of heat or chemical damage! :D My hair is still just as healthy with my Sun-In as it was before I ever used it. And while I do only blowdry occasionally, the times I do I get no damage. ;)

My hair's biggest weakness is tangles!! :bigeyes: Detangling it without breakage is a near impossible task. Sometimes I feel like I'm detangling in slo-mo :rolleyes: because I know if I hit those tangles too fast, my hair will break! :eek:

How about you all? What strengths and weaknesses does your hair possess? :bounce:

dRummie
February 23rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Ooh, interesting!

Let's see.. Mine stays shiny and soft no matter what I do (within reason, never bleached or anything). It's also thick enough.

The main downside is that it's fine and doesn't hold its shape well. The curl pattern stretches out while it's drying, and by the second day it's nearly gone.

Amber_Maiden
February 23rd, 2012, 04:01 PM
Thickness probably is a strength.
Shedding so much is probably a weakness, or that my hair is prone to splitting.

roxee
February 23rd, 2012, 04:06 PM
Thickness is a stregnth.
weakness is definitely my biggest weakness, that and the weather has a massive effect on my hair.

Madora
February 23rd, 2012, 04:08 PM
Strengths: it is strong and wears like iron

Weaknesses: Thinner now..but that can't be helped

My hair loathes tangles and I do everything in my power to keep them at a minimum.

sazzie88
February 23rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Strength I believe is my growth rate ( I might be trying to convince myself here) :)

Weakness is it losses any curl/volume within an hour and I'm back to straight flat hair :(

Covet
February 23rd, 2012, 04:16 PM
Strengths: I've dyed and bleached over my ruined hair countless times, yet my hair has never fallen out or broke or anything. I am a reformed dyer though! Haven't dyed it since Sept and I'm trying to grow out all the damaged bits :rolleyes:

Weaknesses: prone to knots

LiveYourDreams
February 23rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
Strength is thickness and weakness would be my ends splitting and how easily my hair tangles.

Avital88
February 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
Strength:the thickness and volume
Weakness:Tangles for sure,especially at the nape

Browniegirl
February 23rd, 2012, 04:36 PM
Strengths.. Thick( In my avatar it is half up in a braid,soft,shiny

Weaknesses.. Tangles, ( Avital, I get those awful nape tangles too :P).Will never hold a curl

whitedove
February 23rd, 2012, 04:38 PM
Strength: No tangles
Weakness: Splitends

jojo
February 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Strengths- its thickish, it has natural shine, it has uniformed waves (sigi is straightened)
Weaknesses- its fine, it needs constant babying or it breaks and it tangles like a bush if I dont tie it up!

Despite its weaknesses I accept I cant change the negatives, only work with them!

MissManda
February 23rd, 2012, 05:08 PM
Strengths:
~ It's fine so it is very soft, silky and shiny.
~ It's very thick considering the fineness, so it can have nice volume (sometimes) and it makes good-sized updos and braids.
~ It grows like a weed.
~ It doesn't have much taper.
~ Tangles aren't much of a problem and I only need to spend a minute or two detangling with my fingers and Tangle Teezer.
~ I like the natural color and the color I get from henna.

Weaknesses:
~ It cannot withstand chemical damage, even deposit-only dyes cause damage and lots of breakage.
~ Royal pain to wash, trim, and S&D.
~ Frizz, ugh!
~ Can get very flat and greasy easily.
~ My updo repertoire is limited by the thickness and lack of length.

Kitsu
February 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM
strengths: wavy and will hold a curl all day. is shiny most of the time. stays put in up dos.

Weakness: Splits splits splits EVERYWHERE :( Doesn't grow fast enough!

raveness13
February 23rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Strengths:
Almost no splits
Shiny without much effort

Weaknesses:
Frizzes and tangles like mad when worn down
Takes forever to dry.

Nedertane
February 23rd, 2012, 05:20 PM
Strengths: fairly shiny, good volume, despite the fact that the texture is fine, no need for a straightener, and grows pretty fast.

Weaknesses: splits and tangles like the devil! But that seems to be abating now that I'm taking better care of it.

Lipbalmbabe
February 23rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
Strength handles bleaching well weakness split ends

jacqueline101
February 23rd, 2012, 05:40 PM
My weakness is tangles strengths are growth rate health and styling ease. Its easy to style.

IndigoOptimist
February 23rd, 2012, 05:45 PM
As much as I worry about it being fragile because it's thin, my hair must be fairly strong to have with stood being dyed/bleached a different colour every month or so. I mean, I would use 3 packs of bleach, one after the other in one day!!! (my hair did go white that time, but it didn't fall out or break, it was just VERY brittle)
I however do not like that it is so thin and fine. It tangles easily and there is never any volume unless I spend time curling it before I go to bed :/

Zhennni(:
February 23rd, 2012, 07:07 PM
strength: Thick, strong, can withstand some damage, shiny
weakness: coarse strand hair doesnt feel as soft, tangles alot

annamoonfairy
February 23rd, 2012, 07:11 PM
Lets see,

Strength: Resilient
Weakness: Does not hold curls well

dwell_in_safety
February 23rd, 2012, 07:13 PM
Strengths: It is very thick (measured today with an actual measuring tape, and still got 5.25-5.5" circumference very tightly held) and a lovely wavy texture. It's also very shiny when healthy.

Weaknesses: Right now it's growing out chemical dye damage, so it's quite prone to splits and tangles. I keep the splits at bay by doing a .5" or so trim every three months and trimming the "racer hairs" at the beginning of the month to keep the hemline thick, but the tangles are still something else to deal with. It also breaks easily from the damage. When healthy it isn't as bad, I think. (Last time it was healthy was before LHC!)

Sillage
February 23rd, 2012, 07:25 PM
Strengths: no split ends, doesn't tangle much, tolerates dye well

Weaknesses: massive shedding, grows slowly, isn't thick, has flyaways/frizz

midsummernight
February 23rd, 2012, 07:30 PM
Strenghs- my hair is pretty thick. not the volume itself but individual hairs. this makes my hair rather strong and resistant to damage. Also I dont have split end!
Weakness- the frizzy-ness, its had to style my hair to look good with heat.

midsummernight
February 23rd, 2012, 07:31 PM
*without heat

my2cats1
February 23rd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Mine is thick and strong / resilient, but tangles can really do me in. I end up with little rats nests near the nape of my neck if I don't detangle often enough.

blondie9912
February 23rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
My hair's weakness is its strength :lol: My fine, colour treated hair is prone to breakage. Have to be extra gentle with it!

<3OnHerSleeve
February 23rd, 2012, 08:19 PM
Strengths: Curls, spirals and waves, it doesn't fizz in heat, dark blonde and can naturally lighten or be bleached easily, great volume

Weaknesses: hates being blowndry or straightened, won't sit down, when brushed stays "poofy" (I look like Fran Fine from the Nanny :P)

aisha.christine
February 23rd, 2012, 08:49 PM
Hmmm... :hmm:
Strengths: It's fairly thick and has pretty good volume. It doesn't really frizz either, I like that.
Weaknesses: It doesn't feel really soft without me working at it. I lost a lot of my waves, too. I'm actually pretty depressed about that.

PixxieStix
February 23rd, 2012, 08:59 PM
Strengths:
❦ Thickness, but not so thick that I won't be able to do most up-dos until it's super long!
❦ Strength, it handles damage pretty well, not that I'll be doing that again though. :D
❦ Can stretch washes 3-5 days and my hair still looks good down (most of the time!)
❦ Not prone to tangles/splits
❦ Natural color is beautiful, and looks even more gorgeous with henna!
❦ Likes almost everything, and does very well with a simple routine

Weaknesses:
❦ Currently, it's length, but I don't blame my hair for that. ~_^
❦ Layers! Again, not my hair's fault, but it does cause issues sometimes.
❦ Won't hold heat curls at all!

AuroraRory
February 23rd, 2012, 09:08 PM
Interesting how everyone's strengths and weaknesses are so different! Sometimes the previous post in reverse.

For me, strengths: no split ends, good volume, holds curls well and doesn't require much styling.

Weaknesses: flyaways, tangles really easily, doesn't grow fast enough :/

Sakuracha
February 23rd, 2012, 09:37 PM
Strengths: Thick, straight, grows fairly quickly, good natural rich dark brown color, never been dyed so fairly healthy

Weaknesses: Tangles easily, tends towards being frizzy on the scalp and dry at the ends (though coconut oil helps), can be a bit course, does not hold curls for the life of it, and is prone to falling out of hairdo's, refuses to change parts so I have a permanent center part which has limited hairdo's in the past including side-swept bangs

Diamond.Eyes
February 23rd, 2012, 09:56 PM
Strengths: Shiny, smooth, soft, and manageable without any applying any product or styling; just brushing. I don't have to dye for the hair color I want, because the exact hair color I want grows out of my scalp. :p

Weaknesses: If I want waves or curls, I have to use over-night methods or sit with steam setters on my head for an hour and a half. That's about it though... :hmm:

_Oasis_
February 23rd, 2012, 10:04 PM
Strengths: Dense, meaning I have a lot of hair. It's dark so it reflects light pretty well. It styles itself.

Weakness: My hair gets frizzy easily. Also, one side gets wavier than the other. My hair doesn't like most styling products. It can feel a bit rough sometimes.

celebriangel
February 24th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Strengths: It's strong! Literally, I mean. Chemical dyes cause me more shedding (the reason I stopped) but even the repeatedly-dyed ends of my hair are...just fine. I mean, they're obviously not as nice as the undyed top few inches, but a little oil and plenty of conditioner and they're just fine.

It doesn't split much.

It grows faster than average - I get about the same monthly growth rate as most straight-haired folks despite being a wurly.

Wurls! I like them

Naturally, the colour is light enough that I can use deposit-only dyes to get a RED colour I love!

Weaknesses:

I struggle to love my natural grey-brown colour.

It HATES heat.

It tangles easily - though it's been better since I started adding the dye to my conditioner. The dye seems to have something in it that makes tangles just fall out. No idea what it is, but I like it!

It craves moisture and oils, but it's easy to overdo them and get the greasy look.

It gets buildup from cones and such rather easily, and starts looking greasy soon after a wash.

maborosi
February 24th, 2012, 09:54 AM
My hair's soft, smooth, straight, and sleek. It holds color really well and is very healthy. It can also hold a curl really well, too.

It is prone to becoming too oily, though that's easy to manage

~maborosi~

heidi w.
February 24th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Strength: it's long, healthy and presents well.
Weakness: it's fine and tangles super easily. (that's what happens with fine haired types, too) OH! and it possesses absotely no body. No curling this stuff.

heidi w.

ingvild
February 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Hmm, let's see.

Strengths: resilient, doesn't tangle much, has a decent amount of volume.
Weaknesses: it's not very soft.

Neneka
February 24th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Strength: It's very soft and always shiny. It doesn't tangle.
Weakness: It's fine and prone to damage.

88Marisa
February 24th, 2012, 11:49 AM
General strengths: Lots of body, looks good wavy or curly, doesn't tangle much despite being curly, natural highlights around my face

Routine specific strengths (WO): no more split ends, very shiny, lot less frizz, very little shed

Weaknesses: fries easily from dyes and heat, lots of baby hairs around my face that like to fly out at weird angles, natural color is darker than I'd prefer, pony tail is thinner than it used to be.

I'm actually pretty happy with my hair overall now that I've found a good routine, I just need some patience in growing out previous color damage. I am really hopeful that my baby hair halo will diminish because my individual strands seem stronger on my current routine and I'm experiencing significantly less shed, so hopefully it'll grow out thicker with time, especially since I suspect dyeing is partly to blame. If so, I really will be very content with my hair.

einna
February 24th, 2012, 06:02 PM
Strenghts: Almost all virgin and pretty darn healthy!! (Lots of work behind this though). Thickness seems to be popular. Volume (though it can get a bit much). Like the colour and the natural highlights it gets. Dosent seem split prone (lenght will show though). CO works well.

Weaknesses: Naturally dry and not that shiny. Ends need to be trimmed every 3 months, gets easily fragile and dry. Dosent cope well with dyes/bleach or heat. Looks dull after a few days witout washing (but I guess that is common).

Kira94
February 24th, 2012, 06:16 PM
My hair doesn't get splits and it barely tangles. :)
Weaknesses I suppose would be poofyness and frizz. :mad:

ravenheather
February 24th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Strengths: Soft and shiny. Virgin. Doesn't tangle easily.

Weaknesses: Slippy and the thin side of normal. Sheds alot (but I'm hoping that will change with better habits). Too short (but that's my fault). Not quite wavy and not quite straight.

HylianGirl
February 24th, 2012, 07:40 PM
Strengths: Barelly tangles (and when it does, it easy to detangle) and it's easily moldable (If I sleep with braids or a bun it'll be curly all day on the following day, and if I sleep with a ponitail with other elastics at the length (don't know the name of that style x.x) it'l look preety much straight on the next day ^-^

Weaknesses: Frizz and dryness =/

Safira
February 25th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Strenght:
My hair has body
I have loose big curls or tighter curls if I want to

Weakness:
Tangles, OMG The Tangles :nono:
Frizz

rock007junkie
February 25th, 2012, 10:41 AM
Strength: I think I've only seen about 10 split ends my whole life.

Weakness: Although i wouldn't call my hair thin by any means, I don't have as much hair as I used to when I was younger.

rakueru
February 25th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Strengths: It's soft, has decent thickness, natural colour (though this doesn't prevent me from dying it >.<||) and volume, it grows well, and is durable.

Weaknesses: It's very prone to tangles, splits, frizz, dryness, and fly-aways.

Acid
February 25th, 2012, 05:25 PM
good:
pretty natural colour, holds dye well, poker straight and falls in a sheet, shines easily
bed:
holds dye too easily when i want to change colour :o (i literally have to grow the colour out sometimes), its quite thin, short and not growing fast enough, one side grows faster than the other making me look lopsided without regular trims

Piyo
February 25th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Strengths: Resilient, thick, can get massive volume.

Weaknesses:Tangles like crazy, prone to dryness, difficult to manage. -.-

Bedhead
February 26th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Hmmm....

Strengths:
- I never get split ends
- It hold any style well and beyond expectations
- It does not break i.e. very strong
- It looks good without much work, even getting out of bed
- volume
- doesn't really tangle

Weaknesses:
- Protein is my hair's kryptonite, causes the hay-like effect
- I just discovered my ionic hair dryer is the cause of all my hair problems, so doesn't deal with ionic waves well?
- The colour is a warrior fortress and can not be taken over by another

auroraclio
February 26th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Strengths - Lots of natural volume, holds curls really well, doesn't tangle

Weakness - gets splits really easy, on the thin side

lapushka
February 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Strengths: thickness, the fact that it can be blowdried without any damage, hem stays pretty straight and thick while growing out.
Weakness: fine hair and the otherwise delicate treatment that goes along with it.

janeytilllie
February 26th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Strengths
Virgin
Fast growing

Weakness
Breakage easy
Frizzes easy

StellaKatherine
February 26th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Strenghts: hmm, well..
1. My hair looks very good in a ponytail and when open as it somehow magically gets volume when it is free and looks like i have much thicker hair that it is.
2. It actually never looks flat, unless realy dirty.
3. I do not need to wash it more than once - twice a week.
4. Curls really easily and stays curled.
5. Grows long, i cutted only once in 3 years time and had only few split hairs.
6. Respondes very well to oil treatments.
Weaknesses:
1. I think it just too thin, i would LOVE to have as thick looking braid as my hair suggestes when it is open ( i started to wonder if my thickness or lack of thickness is because i brushed my hair too hard before... but we will see in the future if it is so).
2. My buns look super small as even tho my hair looks super thick when it is open it somehow squeeze into incredible small bun :confused: :(
3. It tangles very easily when open i even need to detangle once again after using BBB before puting it in a hairdo! So i rarely keep my hair open as it is real pain to detangle afterwards. It tangles even when i am making a more complicated bun...
4. My hair feel so hot at summer so i MUST keep it up all the time.

That is actually suprising, i really thought i would have more weaknesses than strenghts :)

Silverbrumby
February 26th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Strengths: no split ends, doesn't tangle much, tolerates dye well

Weaknesses: massive shedding, grows slowly, isn't thick, has flyaways/frizz

ditto. added strenght is I like the color which is natural.

ktani
February 26th, 2012, 10:35 AM
So I was wondering, what strengths and weaknesses does you hair have? What makes it awesome, and what is its downfall? ;)

My hair's strengths: It laughs in the face of heat or chemical damage! :D My hair is still just as healthy with my Sun-In as it was before I ever used it. And while I do only blowdry occasionally, the times I do I get no damage. ;)

My hair's biggest weakness is tangles!! :bigeyes: Detangling it without breakage is a near impossible task. Sometimes I feel like I'm detangling in slo-mo :rolleyes: because I know if I hit those tangles too fast, my hair will break! :eek:

How about you all? What strengths and weaknesses does your hair possess? :bounce:

None now (ETA: weaknesses). Genetically, my hair is fine/medium wavy and thin (less folicles). I also have the odd hair that is bumpy and coarse. All of that in the past, made it prone to tangles and breakage. Nothing I used or tried worked to help.

That is until I tried and experimented with catnip tea to the point I have it now. Then, unexpectedly, while researching to help out in a thread, I came upon a research study on mineral oil/baby oil and that resulted in more research and finally my testing it. It can do what catnip does so far, although I am not replacing catnip with it. Catnip is my hair colour/conditioner.

My hair is now balanced, strong, does not tangle, frizz except very rarely, does not split and breaks only by mechanical damage, when I get careless.

I do use satin acetate bedding and I gave up all combs and brushes for gentle finger combing and separating my hair as if to braid it.

However, I credit catnip treatments and now mineral oil/baby oil for my hair "salvation".

With catnip alone and now the baby oil, the bumpy hairs no longer snap like they did because they were brittle. They are as conditioned and strong as the rest of my hair.

ETA:2 It is not in the article surprisingly, but one should in my opinion, patch test any new product before trying it, http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=118

ETA:3 The mineral oil/baby oil use is very recent but the last 2 times I used it on uncatnipped hair and trust me, my hair would not be as good without it, with no catnip on it. When I have used too little catnip my results were not as good as when I use the right amount. The baby oil kept my hair in perfect condition for a week each time when I used it, with no need to reapply it. That to me is amazing, almost as amazing as catnip is to me.

savannahlove
February 26th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Strengths... it's thick, grows quickly, and it isn't too affected by heat or other things that could damage it.
A weakness is definitely that my bottom layers are always dryer than my top layers, for some reason. :/ It seems like it's never moisturized enough!

jbn
February 26th, 2012, 10:58 AM
Strengths: Seems to be responding to oil treatments now that I know what to do. Seems to be growing like it should.

Weakness: Could be thicker, but I'm old...almost 70. Also lots of silver and grey if that's a weakness.

jbn

Aeris
February 26th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Strengths - it's strong, grows pretty quickly, and (I think) is a lovely color

Weaknesses - tangles so easily, always frizzy, not as thick as it used to be :(

lostchyld
February 26th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Strengths: I never HAVE to use heat or any mechanical method to get the hair I want. EG: If I want curls, I dunk and air dry. If I want pin straight, braid it while it's dripping and leave it sit until it's just damp and then let the ends settle.

Strength: It doesn't tangle badly unless it's splitting.

Weakness: If I brush, I get frizz.

Weakness: It wants to split if I look away from the conditioner for more than a day and if I overcondition, the curls die.

habioku
February 26th, 2012, 01:22 PM
Strengths: My hair is pretty thick, shiny, straight and easy to detangle

Weaknesses: My hair is pretty stiff and doesn't hold curls and it's prone to split ends...:(

Pinkster8
February 28th, 2012, 04:44 PM
Strengths: it really doesn't tangle, doesn't usually dry too frizzy, has gotten slowly thicker

Weaknesses: damage and breakage happen easily due to dyeing it previously, I have a small spot of very thin hair where I used to part my bangs, annoying layers

Kinkycurlygurl
March 1st, 2012, 10:03 AM
Strengths: Naturally tightly curled and will take on any shape curl easily, lots of volume, soft to the touch

Weaknesses:Super fine strands break easily, tangle prone

Caringformyhair
March 1st, 2012, 10:39 AM
Strengths: doesn't tangle easily, have natural waves/curls which can be different from one day to the next so it's always interesting, responds really well to new treatments and ends up silky soft and shiny

Weaknesses: it isn't thick, can look limp even after washing for some unknown reason, is hard to know how it will turn out when dried without heat styling

EtherealDoll
March 1st, 2012, 10:48 AM
Strengths: it's thick, has natural waves unless it's very dirty, doesn't react to humidity too much

Weaknesses: tangle prone, especially at the nape

lunalocks
March 1st, 2012, 02:35 PM
strengths: I love my natural color - blondish brownish with a reddish glow in sunlight; the length - it is past my waist! I can make it very straight, with cones, or braid wave kinky with oil and scrunching or curly with tubes (that last a few hours).

weaknesses: slow growth; needs frequent trims to look good, hence even slower growth; splits and damage when I curl it with my beloved tubes, so I curl it only a few times a year.

It seems to have a life of it's own, so I never know what I will wake up to. Sometimes this is a strength, other times, a weakness.

gracenotes
March 1st, 2012, 03:25 PM
Strengths: Shiny, responds well to most treatments, generally well-behaved, holds bun curls nicely, grows relatively quickly.
Weaknesses: Prone to splits and tangles, attracts a ridiculous amount of dust, is prone to breakage lately.

Shesta
March 1st, 2012, 04:15 PM
Strengths: Shiny, soft to the touch, very manipulative - easily holds curly styles
Weaknesses: Tangle-prone

ennuideluxe
March 1st, 2012, 04:20 PM
My hair's biggest strength and weakness is one and the same: it does it's own thing.

Bright side of this is that it manages to look pretty decent with very little fussing. The downfall is that if I do fuss over it, it'll be all in vain cus the hair will laugh at my efforts and continue to do what it wanted anyway.

Ceridwen Iris
March 2nd, 2012, 06:26 PM
I'm really quite lucky with my hair.

Strengths: resistant to damage (I have blond highlights and I'll use my straighter on occasion and it is still happy), coarse with a nice natural wave, no splits, no tangles, grows pretty quickly, especially as I really don't need to trim, plenty of hair.

Weaknesses: doesn't hold curl. Not a huge fan of my natural colour (dirty dark blonde), I think it is thinning a bit as a get older.

Long_hair_bear
March 2nd, 2012, 06:33 PM
Strengths: it's straight (not a weakness but I like straight hair best), it didn't fry when I was a bad goose and bleached it, it's nice chocolate brown color, it's not short (ish)

Weaknesses: tangly, picky (it only likes certain organic products and gets very mad when it doesn't get them) highly porous (I can't oil my hair for this reason), can be frizzy in the summer

HintOfMint
March 2nd, 2012, 07:29 PM
Strengths
1. Thick
2. Long
3. Malleable in texture (takes bun waves, and can be brushed straight on two-day old hair)
4. Virgin--no dyes or perms
5. Natural hair color is pretty much the only hair color that can suit me.
6. Bangs have reached a length at which they need minimal styling
7. Voluminous
8. Enough layers to pull off a Kim Kardashian-esque look when down and of course styled.
9. Splits congregate mainly in a particular part of my hair, making S&D not the exercise in futility that having dispersed splits would.

Weaknesses
1. Random patches of rough, wiry hairs
2. Tangles, particularly at the nape, making wearing hair down a challenge
3. Splits because of said tangles
4. Dry ends, even when I'm lovely to it
5. Not silky
6. Frizzes and fluffs easily

autumnsdaughter
March 2nd, 2012, 07:49 PM
Strength: It curls easily without heat, lots of volume, doesn't tangle easily,

Weakness: Not super thick, ends remain dry, easy split ends

My hair is weird because it looks like I have way more hair than I do. This is nice in a way, because I get the volume without the bulk and weight, but at the same time, my braids look pathetic.

nobeltonya
March 3rd, 2012, 09:31 AM
Strengths: It seems to be rather coarse, so I don't notice much damage even though I wear it down a lot, comb wet and wash daily. It also likes nightly oilings/massages, and it's not tangling nearly as much as it used to [may be the conditioners and oil I'm using?]. Natural color [seen best in sunlight].
Weaknesses: If I try to brush it dry, or play with it too much during the day, it becomes limp and dull. I have to wash it daily because my scalp is super oily and my hair looks horrible if I don't.

sjshelt
March 4th, 2012, 06:35 PM
Strengths: Wavey/Curly, No Splits

Weakness: can get frizzy, it isn't my goal length of waist! haha (my fault), really thin...ugh, can be dry

cwarren
March 4th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Strengths:
Thick
Ok growth rate
Looks even thicker than it really is :)

Weaknesses:
Easily damaged
Porous
Doesn't like too many cheap products ($ :()
Multiple textures
Difficult to style
Super Frizzy
Rarely Shiny

Babyfine
March 4th, 2012, 07:07 PM
Strengths: Nice shine,like my natural color,like my natural waves
straightens easily and curls easily, holds a curl well.
Doesn't seem to get splits easily

Weaknesses: Too fine and thin, lacks volume, goes flat/limp easily,fragile, easily
damaged if not careful.

deja
September 17th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Strength- It's thick and it's kind of annoying now because it makes different updos difficult but I know that that will be a good thing once the length is where I want it.
Weakness- I can't really wear it down ever because it gets knotty or split ends will take over.

teddygirl
September 17th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Strengths: thickness (very!), texture (wavy, I like it)
Weakness: damaged from bleach, tangly, and dry! I feel like the bleached areas will always be dry, no amount of oil conditioner expensive serums cheap home remiedies will solve it.

jupiterinleo
September 17th, 2013, 06:46 PM
I really liked reading through this thread; everyone's hair is so different.

Strengths:
thick
tends to wave
soft
styles easily (though I'm too lazy to style)
grows fast

Weaknesses:
frizzy in humidity
poofy when brushed unless slept on
breaks easily

neko_kawaii
September 17th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Strength:
Holds a curl or wave or combs straight while damp.

Weakness:
Tender scalp.

Lady Mary
September 17th, 2013, 07:07 PM
Strength: It's shiny and soft

Weakness: Well... It's thin in LHC standards. It seems to shed a lot as well. At least it's shiny and soft?

Andeee
September 18th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Strengths: These days it's healthy, soft-ish, nice waves / curl.

Weakness: Not as super-thick as it once was. Now it's got a lot of grey and I'm not ready to go natural so I dye it.

Applegirl84
September 18th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Strengths: soft and shiny, not too heavy, can be wavy or straight
Weaknesses: very easy to over oil, doesn't hold a curl well, on the thin side, brassy ends from past colouring