PDA

View Full Version : Just a fun little discovery

Nedertane
February 23rd, 2012, 03:13 PM
So, I've gotten to playing my Pandora stations in the morning as I get ready. My stations tend to be metal of various types. So, this morning, I had my Finntroll station, and was combing out my wet hair, and the fact that my hair dries faster when I comb it happened to flit across my mind (no revelation there, Lol). Then, a song that I like came on, and I thought, "Hmm, why don't we try it...?"

So, I head banged. :D And it it helped my hair air dry faster! WHOO! A fun little tip for fellow metal headed long hairs, though I would recommend doing this after the hair's about 50% dry. :)

Woods Nymph
February 23rd, 2012, 03:21 PM
Haha! That's bloody brilliant! I love it.
Mayhap I shall try this, for we metalheads must make every effort to make activities of daily living, well, metal.
Although I know when I try this, I'm going to be all irritated that I then have to re-detangle my hair. :rolleyes: Meh!

Phalaenopsis
February 23rd, 2012, 03:57 PM
I used to do that when I was little. My mom thought it would damage my hair though, lol.
I don't do it anymore because it means tangle galore with this length :D

sazzie88
February 23rd, 2012, 04:12 PM
I do this every time I wash my hair, it also makes it very straight. I suppose it's easy at my should'ver length but waist length I think I would end up whipping myself and anything else around.

I switch from doing side to side head swishes to full on head banging front to back. It dries my hair in about 5 minutes! Great blood pumping I exercise too!

Vasilissa
February 23rd, 2012, 04:21 PM
Yep, this works for sure. I do use this method sometimes too, only I flip my hair up and down not round like in a metal head banging. Or I hold my hair in a poni and flip the tail up and down rapidly. I think most of us do something like this to speed up the drying. :p

Nedertane
February 23rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Yeah, I was afraid to try it at first, due to the possibility of tangles, but since I use a detangling leave-in, as well as a bit of oil it wasn't very badly tangled at all. BUT, I don't know how.it'd affect other people's hair.

Vasilissa
February 23rd, 2012, 04:27 PM
I switch from doing side to side head swishes to full on head banging front to back.

You explained it better than me! That's exactly how I do it! When I do the side swishes I also stop my hair with hand thus kicking all the water out. :D

Lipbalmbabe
February 23rd, 2012, 04:31 PM
I find if I do this in my birthday suit (lol) I tend to hurt my back as it feels like I'm whipping myself!! I'll have to try again though

Nedertane
February 23rd, 2012, 04:32 PM
By the way, Vasilissa, I love your username/avatar. I took a course in Russian fairy tales last semester, and she's such a cool character. :)

whitedove
February 23rd, 2012, 04:41 PM
Fun way of drying hair - just a note of warning watch out for objects on tables/counters near you :)

Vasilissa
February 23rd, 2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks, Nedertane! I have went through a lot of folktale books during my childhood, not only russian ones. I am kindly surprised to see that you know who is Vasilisa too. :)

Woods Nymph
February 25th, 2012, 06:41 PM
Fun way of drying hair - just a note of warning watch out for objects on tables/counters near you :)

Haha! I'm going to pretend I've never whacked anything off the counter whilst headbanging/windmilling...:o

Liluri
February 25th, 2012, 06:49 PM
It's been so long I'm afraid I'd get a bangover! (the pain you wake up with the next day after headbanging too long)

sazzie88
February 26th, 2012, 08:00 AM
You explained it better than me! That's exactly how I do it! When I do the side swishes I also stop my hair with hand thus kicking all the water out. :D

Haha yes this is exactly what's do as well!i do worry about creating splits but it hasn't seemed to cause much damage. It makes my hair incredibly straight too!