PDA

View Full Version : Texture difference in hair

cuties
February 23rd, 2012, 10:43 AM
I'm not sure if I am the only one, but I have noticed that hair on my left side is different than the one on my right side. Like hair on my left side is softer, silkier, is less drier on the scalp, less white/gray hair while hair on right side is a bit more rougher, more gray hair, more flakes, more scalp dryness. Am I the only one with this problem or is it common?

The only thing I do is I part mostly on the left which I'm changing now to right for sometime. Also I think left side gets more sunlight while I am driving (don't know if it makes a difference). Other than that I treat both the sides the same.

rena
February 23rd, 2012, 12:33 PM
I also have a difference in the quality of the hair on each side of my head. My left side seems to be in better condition than my right, and if I'm correct, it seems to grow a tad faster too. There actually are other members here who experience a difference in sides as well. It simply may be the way your hair is, or maybe the "bad" side is recieving a bit rougher treatment than the "good" side? Like maybe you're a side sleeper and you favor your right side more?

A tip: be mindful of consistant sun exposure on your hair as it can contribute to heat damage, even if just a little. Whenever you can help it, remember to shield from the sun, maybe by wearing a hat or headscarf.

Best of luck!

Mommyof4
February 23rd, 2012, 12:35 PM
Maybe one side gets more circulation, or circulation with more oxygen? Just a random thought :)

whitedove
February 23rd, 2012, 01:38 PM
My left side seems thicker than my right side - I think its caused from me sleeping on right side. Just started using satin cover instead of cotton to test this theory.
I am also right handed so often play with right side more than left - but honestly there could be 100's of resaons. Just playing the elimination game at the moment.

cuties
February 23rd, 2012, 02:32 PM
I mostly sleep on the left side. So, I don't know why? Maybe I will try to pamper the right side of my head more to see if it makes a difference.

The sunlight exposure is not much. Its about 15 min a day which shouldn't cause any problem.

kathyblack1
February 28th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I have about 4 notable texture on my head. I really think it's normal. It may be damage or something of the sort, but honestly I think alot of people have different texture on their head and just don't know it.

Mischamiu
February 29th, 2012, 07:20 AM
I have this problems too... my "top" hair is much more dry and less soft that my hair that is under it

Nymphea
February 29th, 2012, 08:51 PM
I have hairs of several textures on my head! I have those wiry, coarse hairs, and then medium hair, and also some fine hairs and they all behave differently!

Plus, the left side of my hair is always more damaged than the right side. :( I'm still trying to discover why.

So don't worry - try to find out is there some kind of mechanical damage that is being done to one side of your head/hair, but I think that this could be perfectly normal - I mean, usual condition.