PDA

View Full Version : Wigs anyone?

melissa8989
February 23rd, 2012, 03:27 AM
Since I'm starting over with my new buzz cut, I thought I would get a wig at my goal length for fun :cheese:. It's a black, wurly tail bone length human hair wig of awesomeness! So much different than my straight blonde fuzz. I love it! This might become an addiction :o. anyone else?

melissa8989
February 23rd, 2012, 03:28 AM
I just woke up, but I will be posting pictures sometime today.

MonaLisa
February 23rd, 2012, 03:47 AM
For a while now, I've wanted to get a wig.. A bob wig - black, short in the back and longer in front, with bangs too....I love that style, but I love my hair much more...so i figured it would be fun and harmless way to try it.. But it's not so much of a priority, so I never actually go searching for a wig shop...though I really want it.
Also I don't know how to fit my hair under it :)
I think wigs are fun!
Can't wait to see your pictures!

Arya
February 23rd, 2012, 04:01 AM
For a while now, I've wanted to get a wig.. A bob wig - black, short in the back and longer in front, with bangs too....I love that style, but I love my hair much more...so i figured it would be fun and harmless way to try it.. But it's not so much of a priority, so I never actually go searching for a wig shop...though I really want it.
I think wigs are fun!

a doobie style keeps it the flattest, cover it with a wig cap and bobby pin the bejezus out of it. :)

Heatherzilla
February 23rd, 2012, 04:03 AM
Haha, if I had the money I'd buy a nice quality human hair wig so I could know what it's like to have straight hair. I love my curls, but they refuse to be straightened or tamed and I'm curious to know what it's like.

Sammich
February 23rd, 2012, 04:13 AM
Mine isn't exactly a wig. Coughcough.

It's great to pretend it's mine though! :D AND, have my hair growing underneath, mwahaha.

melissa8989
February 23rd, 2012, 04:22 AM
my hair doesn't hide.. it WAITS >_>.....

melissa8989
February 23rd, 2012, 04:25 AM
Haha, if I had the money I'd buy a nice quality human hair wig so I could know what it's like to have straight hair. I love my curls, but they refuse to be straightened or tamed and I'm curious to know what it's like.

No kidding! I found this one on super sale and it was still 150 bucks. My boyfriend loves it though! Hes a long hair fan :).

Kitsu
February 23rd, 2012, 04:28 AM
I have red clip in extensions so I can have highlights with out dye but I'm worried if they do damage

melissa8989
February 23rd, 2012, 04:29 AM
I think wigs are fun!

I think I'll post them after school today "we are learning how to make wigs in class too :cheese:".i know what you mean about them not being a priority, I have the money guilts for buying this one. It it was cheaper I think I would go all Roger from american dad! lol. At least my baldness is good for something. Got to say I feel much prettier with hair.

mira-chan
February 23rd, 2012, 06:47 AM
I've worn wigs for costumes. I did that with lengths only slightly shorter than now so it was not quite as comfortable. All of mine are synthetic as I have a bit of an ick factor towards wearing someones human hair.

ETA: Do wear a nice wig cap to protect your hair. Wigs rub and can damage hair.

LissaJane
February 23rd, 2012, 07:14 AM
I tried on my sister's wig the other day... she bought it for fun. It made me so jealous hahah, all I want is hair that thick and long and lovely.

PixxieStix
February 23rd, 2012, 08:12 AM
I wore wigs for a few years for fun when I had my head shaved, and I adored them! I never spent more than 70 bucks though, and mine were all synthetic, some nicer than others. I still have a few, although I haven worn one since the Ren Fest last year. I've been super tempted to get a really long haired wig to try out my goal length, and we do have a good wig shop here in town. Hmmm.... dang it, you've started the wheels turning! :D

ladyshep
February 23rd, 2012, 08:46 AM
My boss wore this really cool wig during my salon days. She had long hair herself, but wore a wig on top of that now and then. She looked like Elvira.