PDA

View Full Version : New Loreal Line

Babyjolie
February 23rd, 2012, 02:12 AM
Hello all!

I know that the sulfate/silicone-free lines from Loreal are nothing new, but I noticed lately that they've added new lines & way more products recently. I was wondering if anyone has tried any or had any experience with them.

I saw something in their new EverCreme line that made me super excited! They call it a Cleansing Conditioner but it's basically a CO wash! I know that's old news in this forum, but I was happy to see something that seemed sort of like one of our secrets available for commercial sale. It felt like a line was putting some actual thought into what's good for your hair. I don't know, it could be a rip-off, whatever.. But I thought it was cool! Please feel free to share our thoughts.

I don't want to sound like a total product junkie, but I do tend to go for something new whenever I'm shopping for refills, & I keep track of the names of everything so I can share it with my friends later, but I'll list what I've tried so far. I'd love to hear if any of you have tried the line as well & any hits or misses you've had with them.

I'll try to keep this part short & sweet..

From the EverSleek Line I've tried:

The Intense Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner- I loved the conditioner in this one, but the shampoo didn't sud enough for me, & felt like it built up in my hair a bit.

Reparative Smoothing Shampoo & Conditioner- Backwards for this one, LOVED the shampoo, but liked the Intense Smoothing conditioner better. Not by much, just personal choice.

Humidity Defying Leave-in Creme- I've had so-so experience with this.. not the right season I think.

So, over-all with the Eversleek line, I ADORED it.. in the summer.
Then winter hit, with different problems, so I'm just hanging on to the leave in stuff until then. But this stuff wasn't that great for winter.

Sometime during winter I tried their EverStrong line:

EverStrong shampoo & Conditioner- I like the smell, but sometimes I get tired of it because it stays on your hair so long after you shower. I don't use Panteen anymore, but I miss the smell of that shampoo. As far as how well it works.. it's tamed my winter frizz a little, & I do think it's helped with my breakage some. But my hair is such a hot mess right now it's hard to tell.

EverStrong Deep Replenishing Masque- Basically the leave-in conditioning treatment for this line. It's very heavy though & a little goes a long way. I only use it once a week or so because it's so intense. It works so well, that I've started skipping my conditioning all together on some days & just the shampoo from this line is good enough. If I don't skip a day, it's just way too much.

EverStrong Overnight Repair Treatment- This stuff is magic. I almost cut five inches off before I found this stuff. It really helps get the softness back in rough/damaged ends. The only downside is that I shower at night & this stuff needs to be used on dry hair. I normally end up just putting it on in the morning before I tie my hair in a bun & leave it like that all day. The results were pretty surprising. I think this, along with the Shampoo & Conditioner have been helping me get my hair back after this horrible dry winter.

The last thing I've tried was from the EverCreme portion of this line.
This is the same line with the c/o wash. I want to try this line super bad!
But right now, my hair just needs a lot of help & this line is targeted towards healthier hair I think. haha :p

Anyway, I tried the Nourishing Leave-In Spray. I think it's easy to use too much of this stuff, & it can feel oily/greasy. But just a touch is okay. I'm not a huge fan right off the bat, but I don't want to judge it yet. For now, it does a great job of helping me get out tangles while I brush.. & it does smell wonderful. Very warm, vanilla.

So much for keeping this short.
I hope there isn't already a thread like this.

Can't wait for your feedback!
J

XcaliburGirl
February 23rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
I love the EverSleek Intense Smoothing Shampoo. I'm tempted to try the EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner, but I haven't found it yet. I've had some success with CO in the past, but I hate the smell of the V05 and Suave conditioners.

I also used EverStrong Bodify Shampoo when my hair was really short. It was a bit more drying then EverSleek, but I love the scent. I'd recommend it over the EverSleek for people who have hair that gets weighed down easily.

Amraann
April 25th, 2012, 04:38 PM
I just recently tried the new Loreal Ever Cream conditioning wash and leave in spray.

I really like them! I have been CO washing for a long time so I am thrilled to have something that works better and is cheaper then WEN.
I find that the Loreal does not weigh my hair down as much.