PDA

View Full Version : Progress! From shoulder to APL in three months!

Katze
February 23rd, 2012, 12:59 AM
WOW - I have finally gotten to a 'new, improved' version of my starting length.

After chopping thin ends in November, I can happily say that my hair has GROWN! As a non- measurer (who has misplaced her measuring tape anyway) I don't need numbers - pictures are worth a thousand words!

The Nov. pic was freshly washed (CWC) and taken down from a messy updo thing. The Feb pic is after two weeks of regular SMTs - probably the best hair day I have had in six months. Air dried, but with gel put in it the next morning.

I have basically been trying to ignore my hair, and the only thing I did was a failed attempt at blue ends - perhaps the ends do look darker in the Feb pic, but since my hair looks so different in different lighting, I don't think there is a real difference - the dye washed out anyway.

(sorry, I still don't know how to post pictures in a thread -the image button doesn't work for me)

November 18:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=218&pictureid=119211

February 22:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=218&pictureid=126955

MonaLisa
February 23rd, 2012, 01:24 AM
Nice growth! Looks better now! :)
Congrats!

cfreya
February 23rd, 2012, 01:49 AM
Wow looks great have you been doing anything special to get it to grow quickly or just "benign neglect"? :)

Katleen
February 23rd, 2012, 01:50 AM
Wow!!!! That is fantastic growth! It looks so healthy!!!! Jealous... :-)

Katze
February 23rd, 2012, 01:58 AM
Thanks! :)

Yes, that Feb pic is my hair at its very best. I have been doing regular SMTs the past weeks, and they make a HUGE difference - suddenly my hair looks like everyone else's - it has weight and swing to it, and hangs instead of wisping out into the air.

For me, SMTs are an absolute godsend. They help my sensitive, eczema prone scalp and wavy, fine, dryish hair feel normal and good. :)

I W and then SMT, then rinse. This last wash I had my hair in braids for a day beforehand with conditioner on the length, then washed with sulfates (JASON Chamomile shampoo, which my hair loves), then SMT'd for an hour.

Otherwise I just try to keep my hair happy, so no benign neglect - I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what it wants. :D

Arctic
February 23rd, 2012, 02:06 AM
Hurray Katze! Your hair looks great! I should buy aloe gel again so I could make SMT too, it's been a while!

Mesmerise
February 23rd, 2012, 04:04 AM
Wow! That's excellent growth, and your ends look lovely and thick :). Gives me hope, as you and I seem to have quite similar hair types.

holothuroidea
February 23rd, 2012, 07:39 AM
Yay, Katze!!!! It's beautiful. Your patience is paying off, hooray! :toast:

BrightEyes
February 23rd, 2012, 07:49 AM
Wow your hair is looking great! You've had some awesome growth and it looks so healthy. This reminds me I need to do an SMT. You've had excellent results:)

PixxieStix
February 23rd, 2012, 08:01 AM
You've had great improvement in your hair's condition, congratulations! It is looking smashing. :D

Amber_Maiden
February 23rd, 2012, 08:07 AM
Nice growth!!!

PrairieRose
February 23rd, 2012, 08:13 AM
Wow, it really has grown! It looks good:)

jel
February 23rd, 2012, 08:32 AM
Looks great! :D Both length and thickness - that's a brilliant improvement, Katze!

Katze
February 24th, 2012, 03:43 AM
Thanks everyone!

This is really giving me hope again. Maybe I can reach BSL and keep the thick hemline? I do solemnly promise to keep doing regular SMTs for the next month so that my hair will keep looking like the second picture.

And maybe, maybe, some day, I can try to hope that my hair will actually reach my original goal of waist...do I dare to dream?

vintage88
February 24th, 2012, 07:16 AM
wow thats great progress congratulations! Your hair looks in really good condition too, happy growing:)

cfreya
February 24th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Thanks! :)

Yes, that Feb pic is my hair at its very best. I have been doing regular SMTs the past weeks, and they make a HUGE difference - suddenly my hair looks like everyone else's - it has weight and swing to it, and hangs instead of wisping out into the air.

For me, SMTs are an absolute godsend. They help my sensitive, eczema prone scalp and wavy, fine, dryish hair feel normal and good. :)

I W and then SMT, then rinse. This last wash I had my hair in braids for a day beforehand with conditioner on the length, then washed with sulfates (JASON Chamomile shampoo, which my hair loves), then SMT'd for an hour.

Otherwise I just try to keep my hair happy, so no benign neglect - I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what it wants. :D

Thank you for posting your routine I have just discovered smts and LOVE them, this has just further encouraged me to keep it up :p

jacqueline101
February 24th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Your hair looks amazing.

Bunnysaur
February 24th, 2012, 06:55 PM
Your hair looks great!

Pardon me for being a newbie, but what does SMT stand for?

Lipbalmbabe
February 24th, 2012, 06:59 PM
Looks great! I wish mine could grow that fast!!! :)

HylianGirl
February 24th, 2012, 07:44 PM
Wow, looks great indeed! I wish I had such a rapid hair growth, and the condition of your hair also looks much improved compared to the first pic =) Congratulations!

girlcat36
February 24th, 2012, 07:48 PM
I am so happy for you!!! It looks fabulous, Katze! :crush:

Covet
February 24th, 2012, 07:49 PM
Sorry, complete noob here, but what's an SMT?

alyanna
February 24th, 2012, 07:53 PM
Katze,
I'm really happy for you!

Glad to hear your efforts are paying off and your hair journey is getting more positive.

hairgoals
February 24th, 2012, 08:25 PM

Gilly
February 24th, 2012, 08:32 PM
Looks great!!!
You have given me hope that I can do the same!!

jtsck
February 24th, 2012, 08:36 PM
SMT stands for Snowymoon's moisture treatment (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128) The link has tons of information!

holothuroidea
February 24th, 2012, 08:43 PM
I just tried using the search tool and it came up with nothing :eye:

FFR, if you search for something with less than three letters you need to add a "*"

Bunnysaur
February 24th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks so much for posting that link, jtsck!

Covet
February 25th, 2012, 01:46 PM
SMT stands for Snowymoon's moisture treatment (http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128) The link has tons of information!

Thank you very much! :)

Mannaz
February 25th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Wow what a difference, congratulations Katze, you'll hit BSL in no time with that growth rate!

girlcat36
February 25th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Katze--besides the SMT's is there anything else that might you might attribute to your healthier and thicker hair? Diet, products??? I always thought over the last few years that our hair struggles were very similar(except my hair is curly), so I'm wondering if there's anything else that I haven't tried. :)