PDA

View Full Version : Can this be considered BSL? Or is it still APL?

HylianGirl
February 22nd, 2012, 08:01 PM
I was taking pics of my hair today and here's what it looks like:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9827&pictureid=126943

Is BSL the "top" part of the bra strap of the bottom of it? Or in between? 'Cause my hair ends touch the "top" part of the bra strap, so... is it BSL?

HappyHair87
February 22nd, 2012, 08:08 PM
I personally would call it BSL since it does touch the brastrap:agree:

turtlelover
February 22nd, 2012, 08:13 PM
Looks BSL to me

HylianGirl
February 22nd, 2012, 08:15 PM
Yay! :cheese: One step closer to my goal ^-^

longhairedwolf
February 22nd, 2012, 08:17 PM
I'd say BSL for sure!

Sillage
February 22nd, 2012, 08:18 PM
BSL! If it touches it counts!

HylianGirl
February 22nd, 2012, 08:22 PM
The lack of doubt of you guys makes me even happier ^-^

Lorisal
February 22nd, 2012, 08:26 PM
Is BSL the "top" part of the bra strap of the bottom of it? Or in between? 'Cause my hair ends touch the "top" part of the bra strap, so... is it BSL?

I believe that what is BSL is up to you to decide. Everyone has their own idea of what they consider BSL (whether it is top, middle, or bottom). Your hair looks BSL to me. :)

HylianGirl
February 22nd, 2012, 08:37 PM
That makes me feel really good ^-^ I got a major haircut last year to get rid of damage (my hair used to be WL) and I really missed the length, now I can't wait for my hair to be "bottom" BSL, hehehe I mostly missed making long braids, but one of these days I managed to make a braid long enough to be put over the shoulder =) Thanks again guys! Hope you get to your next goal soon!

jacqueline101
February 22nd, 2012, 09:39 PM
I'd say bra strap length.

MonaLisa
February 23rd, 2012, 12:56 AM
BSL for sure when stretched, like this it looks like maybe it's jsut reached BSL, but still :)

Apriori
February 23rd, 2012, 01:35 AM
I can't see your bra strap through your shirt but to me it looks a long way from BSL. But it seems that I'm the only one that thinks so :)

Arya
February 23rd, 2012, 02:01 AM
Err...doesn't look BSL to me, yet. Your bra strap should be level with the underside of your breasts, and not slant upwards or downwards. It looks as though on your frame that would be a little longer. I think you're still in the no-mans-land between APL and BSL.

torrilin
February 23rd, 2012, 08:23 AM
Err...doesn't look BSL to me, yet. Your bra strap should be level with the underside of your breasts, and not slant upwards or downwards. It looks as though on your frame that would be a little longer. I think you're still in the no-mans-land between APL and BSL.

And to add on to this, the top of the strap is generally sitting about level with your arm pit. This is why I count BSL as the bottom of the strap, not the top.

lapushka
February 23rd, 2012, 08:29 AM
Looks like 1, maybe 2 more inches to me (underneath of breasts).

molly_grue
February 23rd, 2012, 09:21 AM
to me BSL is when your hair reaches the bottom of the bra strap.

PrairieRose
February 23rd, 2012, 09:27 AM
to me BSL is when your hair reaches the bottom of the bra strap.
I agree with this. Also make sure your bra strap is in the right spot and not riding up.:)

mzBANGBANG
February 23rd, 2012, 09:53 AM
Looks like it's definitely at the top of your bra strap. The back of my bras tend to be a bit higher (what can I say, I like the added "umph") but I count mine as BSL from the top to the bottom of the bra strap. MBL will come in no time. :)

Ligeia_13
February 23rd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Personally, I count bsl to be when the hair reaches the bottom of the bra strap. Especially if the bra strap rides up a little in the back :)

Also, are you very petite? Cause that much length on me would be about an inch longer than apl if I remember correctly.

uptosomeone
February 23rd, 2012, 12:38 PM
I've always counted BSL to be the top of the bra strap, because you call it at the bottom then you have to figure out what to call it when it's touching the top. "No, I'm not as BSL, I'm at APL...yeah, it is touching my bra strap, but it's still not BSL!" It sounds so goofy! :rolleyes: :D

But anyway, I think it's difficult to call BSL without seeing your bra, and if you're not comfortable doing that I don't think any of us will be able to call it for certain right now. Once it gets a bit longer it'll be obvious that it is, but BSL varies so much on people that it's not an easy thing to guess through a shirt like APL or waist is.

jojo
February 23rd, 2012, 12:53 PM
BSL can be wherever you choose, for me i picked the bottom of my bra strap so to me your hair looks apl length, however if you wanna claim (as many do and theres no right or wrong!) BSL congratulations!

Niphredil
February 23rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
I can't see your bra strap through your shirt but to me it looks a long way from BSL. But it seems that I'm the only one that thinks so :)
My initial thoughts too. But it does indeed depend on a) ones frame of build an b) how one defines BSL.

For me BSL is bottom of strap, or where a wire would sit if you put one directly in the crease underneath the breasts. Also can be defined as widest part of the ribcage with is about the same point on most people.

Your hair is as long as it is, no matter what length you call it. However if you pick a 'shorter' definition for BSL you may find that hairstyles for BSL hair still don't work with your length even if the hairtype is similar.

Aliantha
February 24th, 2012, 05:43 AM
I'd say BSL, and congrats! Also, I love your hemline - a nice, even arc. That's what I wish mine would do, but it seems determined to hang in a V even if cut in a U-shape.

HylianGirl
February 24th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks guys! Sorry I coudn't respond earlier, I've been kinda busy later ^-^

@Ligeia_13 yes, I am very short, I'm like 1,52 meter tall (that's 5 feet)

hm.. and I guess "top BSL" is really close to APL indeed... I guess I can say I'm APL+ or BSL-? Are those length measured?

And thank you Aliantha ^-^ My hemline was thinner when my hair was WL, but my hair was so damaged I decided to cut it to shoulder, and now I'm growing it again, although I felt kinda bad for the big cut, it really helped my hemline (there's always a good side on things) I hope I can keep it at longer lengths =)

Lipbalmbabe
February 24th, 2012, 07:19 PM
I think it's bra strap length

Ligeia_13
February 24th, 2012, 08:03 PM
@Ligeia_13 yes, I am very short, I'm like 1,52 meter tall (that's 5 feet)

hm.. and I guess "top BSL" is really close to APL indeed... I guess I can say I'm APL+ or BSL-? Are those length measured?

Ah. That would explain why you don't need as much hair :D When I was at the top of my bra strap I called it "apl+" ...or "bsl?" :D

HylianGirl
February 24th, 2012, 09:26 PM
Ah. That would explain why you don't need as much hair :D When I was at the top of my bra strap I called it "apl+" ...or "bsl?" :D

At least there's a good side on being such a shotie xD I guess I'll call it APL+ untill a hit a "true BSL" ^-^