PDA

View Full Version : Haircolor question!

goldcopperbrown
February 22nd, 2012, 06:24 PM
Hi guys! Since I want my hair to grow longer, I've decided to go back to my natural color (very dark brown). I used Wella 3N and while it's probably darker than my natural color (I used a 10 volume) it's fine. However, there's this small patch on the side of my head that clearly wasn't covered properly--maybe it's because I tried to fade the far-too-dark Wella color, but I thought it would fade EVENLY. This patch is a much lighter, redder brown and it bugs me. My boyfriend doesn't notice, but it makes my hair look really unnatural which isn't my desire.

However, dying it again after just 1 week seems like overkill. Do you think a demi-permanent dye, like Natural Instincts, would be good, for this? Maybe in a dark or medium brown? I love that John Frieda foam and it always colors evenly, but I don't like the idea of coloring permanently AGAIN. Should I wait a few more weeks? I just don't want to live with this annoying uneven patch forever lol

maborosi
February 22nd, 2012, 06:41 PM
A demi-permanent color might be a good idea to even it out while you're waiting. When I used to dye, I would thoroughly saturate my hair with coconut oil the night before and then follow with a coloring. I had much less damage this way- that might be one option if you're really wanting to color.

~maborosi~