PDA

View Full Version : What brand of Grapeseed oil do you use?

TiffanieJean
February 22nd, 2012, 11:33 AM
I'm going to buy some but I was wondering which brand to get. It's between Heritage Products, Aura Cacia and Now Foods. Any advice?

Anje
February 22nd, 2012, 12:19 PM
I've tried it, but didn't like it for my hair.

You should be cautious with grapeseed oil on your hair because it is what is known as a "drying oil". Like other drying oils (linseed oil is especially well-known), it reacts with oxygen to form a hard film or crust on things that is difficult to remove, even with detergents. If you leave it in and don't frequently wash your hair, you risk any unabsorbed grapeseed oil similarly forming a film on your hair.

If you buy a bottle and have a few drips, you'll probably notice it forming a crust over time. I do with mine. It's supposed to be nice for your face, though.

QMacrocarpa
February 22nd, 2012, 03:17 PM
I was going to try grapeseed oil, but Anje's info about it's crust-forming properties in another thread made me change my mind. Instead I went with almond oil. I got the store brand from Whole Foods (the kind for cooking). It seems fine so far, and it's much less expensive than the jojoba I started out with! I keep most of it in the fridge. I hope this isn't too off-topic! :)