PDA

View Full Version : Rose bun with stem help please

Liluri
February 21st, 2012, 11:10 PM
First of all I have searched but keep finding a rose bun and what I am looking for is instructions for the braided stalk running up from the base of the skull and then a rose bun on top of that so it looks like a Ros with stem :) I'm looking for instructions I can show a hairdresser so I can get someone else to do this neatly for me for a formal occasion. Please post links, Ideally I'd love a youtube and picture result.

Arya
February 22nd, 2012, 12:11 AM
First of all I have searched but keep finding a rose bun and what I am looking for is instructions for the braided stalk running up from the base of the skull and then a rose bun on top of that so it looks like a Ros with stem :) I'm looking for instructions I can show a hairdresser so I can get someone else to do this neatly for me for a formal occasion. Please post links, Ideally I'd love a youtube and picture result.

I would do a dutch braid starting at the base of your neck, running up to the crown of your head. I'd tie it off, do a two strand rope braid, and pin it into a rose bun.

If the 'stem' is too thick for you that way, or it's too difficult, I'd take a small amount of hair from the nape of my neck, do a regular braid, and then put everything in a high ponytail, so that the braid features prominently at the back, and then do a rose bun.

I'll do a youtube video if I have time, but no promises.

Liluri
February 22nd, 2012, 04:28 AM
I would do a dutch braid starting at the base of your neck, running up to the crown of your head. I'd tie it off, do a two strand rope braid, and pin it into a rose bun.

If the 'stem' is too thick for you that way, or it's too difficult, I'd take a small amount of hair from the nape of my neck, do a regular braid, and then put everything in a high ponytail, so that the braid features prominently at the back, and then do a rose bun.

I'll do a youtube video if I have time, but no promises.

Thanks for this but I'm after something to show a hairdresser so need pictures or video as well.

Kelikea
February 22nd, 2012, 05:08 AM
Do you need a picture of the whole thing? I mean, a hairdresser should know how to to a French or Dutch braid starting at the nape and then here is a picture of a rose bun:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=117347&albumid=8987&dl=1319762290&thumb=1http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?pictureid=117348&albumid=8987&dl=1319762290&thumb=1This is an upside-down version, but it kinda has a stem, but it is another rope braid, not the french or dutch, but it gives you a starting point. Hope that helps:)

Liluri
February 22nd, 2012, 04:19 PM
Do you need a picture of the whole thing? I mean, a hairdresser should know how to to a French or Dutch braid starting at the nape and then here is a picture of a rose bun

One should never presume anything, is my motto, it seems to work for me :)

And I don't get a picture or a link in your post please?

Liluri
February 25th, 2012, 06:48 PM
bumpity bump