PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite natural shampoo/ conditioner?

amanda_the_tall
February 21st, 2012, 03:12 PM
hope everyone's doing well today! i'm trying to be more gentle with my hair, and part of this new ambition is to find a shampoo/conditioner that isn't frying/coating my hair with gross chemicals. so far the only 'natural' shampoo and conditioner i've seen around here is burts bees, but i'm not even sure if that counts (haven't seen the ingredient list). seeing as most people here at the lhc have much more experience/ knowledge, what's your favorite, somewhat inexpensive shampoo/conditioner that helps improve your hair health (or, not damage it further). any suggestions for a good moisturizing conditioner?

cheese for everyone!
:cheese:

rock007junkie
February 21st, 2012, 03:17 PM
My personal favorites are:
Shampoo:
-Bobeam's Vanilla and Sandalwood Detox Shampoo bar (She's on Etsy)- This leaves my hair very clean but at the same time incredibly moisturized. I don't know how this lady does it but you don't even need to do an ACV rinse afterwards since it doesn't leave you with that weird coated feeling.
-Terressentials mudwash: Ultimate clarifier. It leaves your hair soft enough that you don't even need to use conditioner afterwards

Conditioners:
Anything Curl Junkie! My favorites are the Argan and Olive conditioner and the incredible Curl Rehab. Have been using these for a while and don't see myself changing anytime soon.

Amber_Maiden
February 21st, 2012, 04:49 PM
Max Green Alchemy and SnobGirls.

swearnsue
February 21st, 2012, 06:29 PM
I think whatever shampoo you decide on be sure to dilute it before putting it on your scalp and massage it in gently. I like to have 3 shampoos in the shower so that I can use a different one for different times. One is a little stronger for when I've pre-oiled, and one is very mild and the third is protein shampoo. Of course I have 3 or 4 conditioners too. For my skin I use Dr Bronner's liquid soaps. They are less chemically for your skin. And then you can try using natural oils instead of body lotion. Good luck on your natural quest!
The best moisurizing conditioner, IMO, is Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. It is wonderful and smells so so so good. Even my husband noticed how good my hair smells after I use it and we've been married a million years! It is a little expensive, about $10 per bottle but it is so good you only need to use it 2 or 3 time a month once your hair is in good condition. I had to use it every shampoo for the first couple of weeks when my hair was dry.

icallitbliss
February 21st, 2012, 06:44 PM
I don't know if it's ENTIRELY natural, but I love Trader Joe's Nourish Spa shampoo and conditioner. I know it does not contain any sulfates or anything. I think it might have parabens, but it seems so gentle on my hair that I don't care that much. The conditioner leaves my hair really soft, too. Not to mention I love the herbal smell. I like to use it when I get sick of using my Garnier or Suave.

alyanna
February 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
Biotene H24 by Mills Creek. It's chock-full of proteins and supposed to achieve "thicker, fuller hair" ;)

chai-blue
February 21st, 2012, 08:56 PM
i use Pure & Basic, preferably once a month. it gets my hair squeaky clean!

MandyBeth
February 21st, 2012, 09:10 PM
My hair or scalp riots at natural. AO is the worst line ever for me. Biolage Conditioning Balm, or Sally's knock off, remains the best ever. Try a SMT for moisture also.

xoerincolleen
February 21st, 2012, 09:11 PM
Isvara Organics! Seriously the best stuff. All natural, smells great, and works wonderfully. There is a whole line of hair products, lotions, shower gels, etc. The company is based in CA and they offer all sorts of natural hair and beauty treatments. http://www.isvaraorganics.com/

Nips
February 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM
This one is not so natural either, but I found the Tresemme Naturals range good. In the past I was using Urtekram's shampoos, but can't say how the products are now.