PDA

View Full Version : Knot Heads - ever used?

Artsygirl71
February 21st, 2012, 10:39 AM
Has anyone ever used "Knot Heads?" I bought a couple of them and I am having a hard time with them. Their "how to" vids make it look a lot easier than they really are......or maybe I just am doing it incorrectly....any tips? My hair is waist length....maybe too long for them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBLOQ2oN33o

heidi w.
February 21st, 2012, 10:49 AM
I watched perhaps half of the video. I would never use one on my hair. First of all, I so incredibly rarely ponytail my hair as it is not a viable method of keeping hair contained and out of danger. Hair is still susceptible to tangling, wind, getting caught in stuff. Secondly, for updos, it shows off the work, and for the most part, I am against "the work" showing. The beauty of an updo is that hair is up in some form, and it's a kind of trickery as to "how'd they do that?!"

Finally, it's a bendable rubber band sort of. I suppose it could work for a lot of people and they'd be really happy with it. But with my hair length, this would be hell.

Sorry, just not for me. I look at product's all the time and surmise some sort of problem. For me, the biggest problem is having a thing large enough to somehow hold the weight of my hair.

heidi w.

ktani
February 21st, 2012, 11:13 AM
It is basically a hair friendly twist tie, like those used on plastic bags, for example.

It is similar to bendable single piece hair curlers in principle. I agree that it could be awkward. Just think of it as a twist tie with options, lol. It will be less intimidating that way.

The colours you chose depending on the selection, can make them co-ordinate nicely or not with your hair colour and wardrobe and showable, as well as how you wear them.

PrairieRose
February 21st, 2012, 11:26 AM
It looks interesting, but I wonder if they would straighten out easily for reuse? I picture them as a crinkled mess after a few uses.

NormaJean
February 21st, 2012, 11:30 AM
lol I like how the bobby pin chick makes it look like her wrist is breaking from the strain of using a pin!

WaitingSoLong
February 21st, 2012, 11:30 AM
I have never seen them before now.

I think my daughter would have fun with them but I don't think I would try them myself. I would think after a few uses the thing would be so bent up it would not look right anymore. Try perfectly straightening a bread twistie tie...it just can't be done.

ravenreed
February 21st, 2012, 11:39 AM
I have a couple of the really long ones. I haven't quite gotten them to work for me. I would actually like to try the shorter ones at some point. They look like they would be great for a crown braid or heidi braids.

heidi w.
February 21st, 2012, 11:41 AM
lol I like how the bobby pin chick makes it look like her wrist is breaking from the strain of using a pin!

Goody used to make these long bobby pins that were easy to insert and open and yet, offered great holding power. Where I reside now, I simply cannot find them, and absolutely the pins here are hard to open and insert into the hair.

I want to be a long hair product consusltant!! The first thing I'd do is get rid of those metal springs in today's modern barrettes.

heidi w.

Madora
February 21st, 2012, 11:53 AM
Those knot heads look like pipe cleaners on steroids!

There's no way those used as ponytail holders are going to hold securely! Sag city in no time flat. I can't imagine running for a bus wearing one of them in a ponytail!

WaitingSoLong
February 21st, 2012, 11:59 AM
This product reminds me of another product (http://www.ponyo.com/) I happened across one day. Very similar concept.

PixxieStix
February 21st, 2012, 12:13 PM
I'd try a bread bag twist tie in my hair first to see if that would hold, lol! Kinda neat,I can see it being fun for a while, especially for pre-teen girls, but don't think I'd find them a "useable" part of my hair toy collection. I could be crazy though!

Magicknthenight
February 21st, 2012, 01:10 PM
Has anyone ever used "Knot Heads?" I bought a couple of them and I am having a hard time with them. Their "how to" vids make it look a lot easier than they really are......or maybe I just am doing it incorrectly....any tips? My hair is waist length....maybe too long for them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBLOQ2oN33o

I don't think I'd have any luck with them either...I feel like they would sag a lot.You could always try spin pins. They sell them at Walmart and Sally's. A lot of people including even me have had success with them. I feel like you would have better luck with those