PDA

View Full Version : Leave In Idea

jennescence
February 20th, 2012, 10:04 PM
So today i purchased some Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Moisturizing conditioner. The question is, do you think ot would be a good idea to mix this with water to make a leave in conditioner? The ingredients are-
Water, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Stearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Vegetable Derived), Benzyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride (Vegetable Derived), Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Tocopherol Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Fruit Extract, Viola Tricolor (Pansy) Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydroxyethylcellulose (Plant Derived), Potassium Sorbate, Citric Acid, Fragrance*.

Do leave ins really work? Or would it just be a waste of my conditioner?

QueenMadge
February 20th, 2012, 11:12 PM
I often leave in some of my regular conditioner. It is a common thing for curlies to do. Your conditioner should work as a leave in if that is how you want to use it. I would experiment with amounts of it to see what works best for your hair. I sometimes mix a little conditioner with a bit of aloe gel and glycerine in a spray bottle of water for a "refresher" for my hair. There is a recipe for anti-frizz spray around here somewhere. Here it is Kimberlily's de-frizz spray (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=277&highlight=kimberlily%27s+defrizz)

Kyla
February 20th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Conditioner, nearly any kind, works pretty well as a leave in for me (I'm a wavy, slightly wurly). You could start by just mixing a little bit, rather than the whole bottle, so you wouldn't waste that much if it ended up not working.

justgreen
February 20th, 2012, 11:21 PM
If you notice the first ingredient in the conditioner, the main ingredient, is water. I use full strength conditioner as a leave-in on the length and ends . I apply it to damp freshly washed hair. I pull my hair forward on both shoulders and apply a dime sized amount to either side. If you are going to mix it with water, try to use distilled water. I make a spritzer with distilled water and a few drops of orange blossom oil for days other than washing.

caiti42
February 20th, 2012, 11:38 PM
I'm a huge fan of leave ins of all sorts. I use my regular conditioner diluted or full strength or a completely different type all together.

I would find all the protein in that particular conditioner would cause build up in my hair though.

jacqueline101
February 21st, 2012, 05:32 AM
I use a leave in condish especially in the winter time. I like it but that's my opinion.