PDA

View Full Version : I have 1b hair...

Keller1128
February 20th, 2012, 08:16 PM
but what is this?
http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k485/tissmurphette/DSC02813.jpg
They're sprouting up everywhere. They really stick out when my hair is wet. Does anyone else have these? It's really annoying!

spidermom
February 20th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Oh yes; I have them. That and worse. Some sort of do a zig-zag thing instead of corkscrew.

rena
February 20th, 2012, 10:07 PM
YES. They congregate all over the top of my head and they make up the whole of my hairline. That, and as Spidermom said, worse. Yet I can also have babyfine 1a hairs too. I think a lot of people have these, as well as a few other textures and degrees of strand thickness. Some may not know about them, however, because these stay effectively hidden in the majority texture. That is, unless they are shorter and cannot lay down with the rest of the hair.

And just think, you probabaly didn't even wet the hair did you? When I find mine they have the same stretched out look as the one in your picture because it was forced to dry flat with my other hair. But if I wet one of these hairs individually in the sink, BOINGGGG.

Don't you just love how they stand up on their own? ^^

tokitoki
February 20th, 2012, 10:20 PM
Oh my goodness. I've been wondering about these forever thinking there was something wrong with my hair because they've been turning up EVERYWHERE. This is very relieving to know that other people get them too. I was worried that maybe they were stretched out from updos and then turned out like that, but I tried pulling on shed hairs and couldn't recreate that weird squiggle so I was at a loss. If these are normal, then I can relax about them.
Although I still wish I didn't have them, they my my hair look frizzy.

HintOfMint
February 20th, 2012, 10:35 PM
I have 2a hair and these wires grow all over my head. Some of them are in the 4 range, and some have ridges so small, I can only tell by feeling them. Most of them are at the top of my head and congregate in clumps. They've gotten worse over the years but I don't think there's a lot I can do about them.

NormaJean
February 20th, 2012, 11:07 PM
The whole underside of my hair is that texture. Causes nasty tangles if I'm not careful with the straighter hair I have on top. My cuticles are confused, too. I think it's pretty normal.

Mommyof4
February 20th, 2012, 11:13 PM
My daughter has a full head of hair, but it is all very silky-fine.. it's beautiful and healthy, and we are gentle with it, however, she has these^ EVERYWHERE! Some of them are APL.. Most of them are about 3 inches long and stick up if her hair is in a ponytail or braid....

strange??

Night_Kitten
February 21st, 2012, 08:32 AM
I've got a few of those too (at least I'm aware of a few, there could be more that I simply haven't discovered yet...), they also tend to be more coarse than the rest of the hair in addition to being coily...
I always thought it's normal, as theres always some variety, and among the ~100,000 hair follicles a person has it makes sense there would be some that are notisably different from the avarage...

xoxophelia
February 21st, 2012, 08:46 AM
Those are sometimes called hair pubes :P

They can also be caused by heat damage. I used to get those when I would blow dry my hair and a few got sucked in the back. Often that type of hair is just natural though.

pink.sara
February 21st, 2012, 04:11 PM
Oooh wierd!

Never found one of those yet, the odd really coarse hairs on me are straight.

it's kind of cute your renegade spiral!

RapunzelKat
February 21st, 2012, 04:37 PM
I get coily ends on my hairs sometimes when they get pulled out of tangles and break :(

They look just like your pic, but mine are the same texture as the rest of my hair and only occur on my ends. So, they may not be the same thing as what you have :shrug: I have only ever found one rogue whole hair that was coily ;)

silverstars
February 21st, 2012, 04:56 PM
I had a few of those once when I was using a blowdryer every day. I haven't noticed any in the past few years though.

Amber_Maiden
February 21st, 2012, 05:24 PM
Yep... I have those as well!

Lady Neeva
February 21st, 2012, 05:51 PM
I don't find the long curls though, shorter and towards the end.

coneyisland
February 21st, 2012, 07:21 PM
I have many like that one. They seem not to want to grow very long. I find them only about 8" long among my shed hairs.

PixxieStix
February 21st, 2012, 07:25 PM
I have just the one on crown of my head just two or so inches from the hairline, and it likes to pop up if I part my hair in a certain spot. As tempted as I am to pluck it, I figure I'll leave it be and love it like the rest, cause even the odd ones need some love.

amantha
February 21st, 2012, 07:27 PM
I have those too. I seem to be getting more of them as the baby hairs that are growing in from my major shed seem to be composed of a lot of these. I found a corkscrew spiral one like the OP's the other day that was the same length as my the rest of my hair (almost waist). For some reason, I thought it was really cute. Although the short ones are annoying because they stick straight up, I kind of like them when they get really long. :)