PDA

View Full Version : Pry My Cat From My Head!!!

Scarlytte
July 19th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Okay, so after reading up on it, I raided the cabinets and made a concoction of virgin olive oil and catnip. I brewed the catnip like tea, let it cool to room temperature and then added it a little at a time to the oil before putting it in the blender to avoid that whole oil/water seperation thing. Well, it worked, my hair feels glorious. Unfortunately, I keep getting attacked by my cat.

I've since been lept upon, mildly mauled, she's chewed my hair, and refuses to stay off of me. My hair is not a chew toy! Yikes! And my hair is up, not down to torment her. I think I may need to wash this out so I don't end up with her latched to my face. lol

Is natural hair care supposed to be this dangerous?! :p

In other news, to the asshats who thought it would just be hilarious to swap the color tubes for various hair dyes...MAY YOUR HAIR FALL OUT AND THE FLEAS OF 1000 CAMELS INFEST YOUR ARMPITS! Little punks, if I wanted to be a brunette, I'd have purposely dyed my hair that color!! (Nothing against brunettes, it just doesn't look good on me.) All I wanted was to cover the greys that decided to visit me (I do this every 6 months), NOT completely change my hair color!!!

I managed to find a color that's one shade lighter than my natural hair color, so not a drastic thing, it's just enough to cover the greys. I just turned 30, I'm not prepared to embrace the grey hairs just yet. lol. I always buy the same brand/color, so I never thought to check the box to make sure it wasn't wrong or anything. Turns out these punks did it to at least 20 other boxes. Thankfully, the manager of the PX pulled the boxes and was very nice about it. Don't want someone thinking they're getting brown and end up bleached. GYAH!

Flaxen
July 19th, 2008, 03:39 PM
*snip*

Is natural hair care supposed to be this dangerous?! :p
*snip*

LOL! Definitely. Natural hair care is NOT for the neophyte. :lol:

Sofoulee
July 19th, 2008, 03:44 PM
That's terrible what happened with the dyes! I think that I would probably cry!!! :cry:

Scarlytte
July 19th, 2008, 03:52 PM
LOL! Definitely. Natural hair care is NOT for the neophyte. :lol:

I'm seeing this! But I'm not giving up! If I can get to where I can cut out the commercial dyes we'll be rockin'. But henna terrifies me.

That's terrible what happened with the dyes! I think that I would probably cry!!! :cry:

I did cry. I'm used to the dye being weirdly dark while it sets, so I really didn't think about it..I should have, but thankfully, it's semi-permanant.

Riot Crrl
July 19th, 2008, 03:53 PM
That's why I don't try catnip. My cats almost thought that cassia was catnip.

mellie
July 19th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Is natural hair care supposed to be this dangerous?!

Haha, we love to live dangerously here! :-)

That's awful about the dyes!

Slug Yoga
July 19th, 2008, 04:40 PM
Eek, about the hair dye! Not cool.

Man, I should definitely stay away from catnip--my cat constantly tries to lick and chew my hair as it is! The contrary part of me wants to do it anyway, to see what would happen...

Missie
July 19th, 2008, 05:09 PM
I'm so sorry you had that experience with the swapping of hair dyes.. you know, years ago I use to always check the tube inside the box for the correct name.. I had this little fear that something like that was possible but I've not ever had it happen to me...
About the kitties, its well documented that kitties ADORE catnip :)

sedonia
July 19th, 2008, 05:17 PM
My cats would shred me and possibly eat me alive if I doused myself with catnip tea.

kwaniesiam
July 19th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Catnip :lol: I have too many cats to try that too. I'd get eaten alive! :bigeyes:

As far as the asshat punks goes...Yes. I hope too that a swarm of fire ants infests all of their available body hair :twisted: My grandmother dyes her hair an awful lot, she can never make up her mind whether to go from blonde to brown :rolleyes: but one day, she bought a box of dark brown and her hair came out PURPLE. Yes, purple. Clown purple. I went back to the store to talk to the manager informing someone must have messed around with the dyes and got her a new box to fix it with.

Darkhorse1
July 19th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Another reason there's no way I'd use catnip. My cats go bonkers with the stuff. If I even brought it out and began boiling it, I'd hear the meow song to the point of torture. ;) I'll stick with other ways to soften my hair. More cat friendly.

DecafJane
July 19th, 2008, 06:32 PM
That is the funniest story I have heard in a while - your cat must LOVE your long hair care regimen. :)

As for the boxes - that is just cruel and stupid.

suicides_eve
July 19th, 2008, 06:35 PM
i have nothing of value to input i just like how you called ppl asshat had to LOL on that one

truepeacenik
July 19th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I'm picturing my slobbery stoner kitty doing this.

I was about to try this...but I'll pass until he's outside.
drooling chewing kneading with sharp claws. err...no.

lesson of the moment: it is not a great idea to teach your cat(s) to come to "wanna get stoned?"

Smokie
July 19th, 2008, 08:26 PM
All the more reason for me to drag some henna up to your place and show you the wonders it works! Buahahahaha.

Also, rub the kitty and hug the nublets for me.

ETA: You really should show these people exactly what that nutso cat of yours looks like too. 'cause the image with the actual cat in it is even more amusing than just picturing a tabby or someat. Seriously. Picture of the Starflakes.

yldchyld
July 19th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Hahaha!! I read the catnip post and thought "No way would I do that in my house with my little nipheads"

Cats also like St Johns Wort and Canomile (sp?)

This is totally off subject, but I remember the time I was heating water to pour over a nice cup of nighttime tea. I turned around to pour into the cup and my tea bag was GONE (it happened in two seconds).

Once I spied it in the clutches of a resident NipHead, I went and read the ingredients...

you guessed it, Catnip.:shake:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/LoriZubie/Graphics/rathugzeh3.gif

vampodrama
July 20th, 2008, 02:05 AM
haha... my cat used to like the smell of colouring mousses (back when I used those) and would forever nuzzle somewhere inside my hair.

nowadays he doesn't care for my hair much. which I'm rather grateful of :D just gotta remember not to try catnip!

GlassEyes
July 20th, 2008, 08:12 AM
I'm lucky; if I ever decide to use an infusion of catnip or soemthing on my hair, my cat doesn't carry the gene that makes her go wild, and neither did her brother when we had him. They ignored it when we tried to give it to them, and then my dog ate it. :shrug:

My cat's a clean kitty. ^_^

And I would've KILLED someone. E_E Holy crap that's mean. Just be glad you DIDN'T get bleached. Yikes.

Pegasus Marsters
July 20th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Dude I'd be soo annoyed if someone swapped the tubes in my dye. I always read the tube JUST to be on the safe side.

As for the catnip... LOL! Ur hair has a flavor ;)

nostalgic
July 20th, 2008, 07:02 PM
LMAO! I loved that very inventive curse!!!! Since my hair is too dark to dye without lightning first, I've never really tried but that would be a horrible experience. But I'm sure you look fabulous!;)
And... I'll bear the catnip thing in mind: my big one is 20lbs with talons and my "baby" is 13lbs! I don't want that hanging off my hair!!!!

lora410
July 20th, 2008, 07:08 PM
LMFAO about the cat :rollin: and sorry to hear about the hair dye. Id love to be a black hair, but alas like you it doesn't look good on me.