PDA

View Full Version : my poor hair just got ripped out

Carissamarie08
February 20th, 2012, 12:12 AM
So I am an idiot and didn't realize that my blowdryer (yes I blowdry) didn't have the attachment on the back that stops your hair from being sucked into it....I flopped my head upside down and started to blowdry then seconds later a huge chunk of it got sucked in and stuck...I started panicking and just ripped it out of there... UGH the horror! My poor hair :( just thought id share a quick little horror story with you all.

Dragon Faery
February 20th, 2012, 12:16 AM
!!! :(

You ok? How's the hair?

Carissamarie08
February 20th, 2012, 12:20 AM
I'm fine it just made me so mad! Haha but thankfully it wasn't on the outer layer of my hair that's visable...still don't want all the breakage! I wish I could have held on to that broken hair so I could have trimmed the ends to prevent splits from occurring which is what will happen.

Pallas
February 20th, 2012, 01:28 AM
*flail*

Having a slight panic attack for you over here DX

Did you rip a lot of it out of your head, or is that at least fine?

*shiver* Better get that attachment soon!

Cara Heather
February 20th, 2012, 02:01 AM
yikes! :grouphug:

white.chocolate
February 20th, 2012, 03:04 AM
That's awful. It used to happen to me a lot, even with the cap on at the back. That was when I wasn't so used to long hair. Now, whenever I blowdry, I have my eyes constantly on what I'm doing so that I can keep the distance between hair and blowdrier.

allmixedup88
February 20th, 2012, 03:26 AM
Wait huh? Doesnt it blow air out not in? Can I please have the name so I never buy that druer?

Carolyn
February 20th, 2012, 06:42 AM
Wait huh? Doesnt it blow air out not in? Can I please have the name so I never buy that druer?The air has to be sucked in from some place in order to be blown out. Hair dryers have a cover over the suck in spot to prevent this from happening but the covers can come off. I've had the same experience as the OP several times. If the little plastic cover thing won't stay on or you can't glue it back on then it's time to get a new dryer. All hair dryers I've seen work on the same principle.

jacqueline101
February 20th, 2012, 06:49 AM
I feel your pain that's terrible.

IndigoOptimist
February 20th, 2012, 06:53 AM
I did that once too! It frightened the hell out of me because I didn't even know dryers could do that (I was quite young at the time). I panicked the same as you did and ripped loads of my hair out :( Luckily at the time I didn't really care about my hair (dyed it every month or less and straightened it everyday) but it was still scary :s

allmixedup88
February 20th, 2012, 07:12 AM
The air has to be sucked in from some place in order to be blown out. Hair dryers have a cover over the suck in spot to prevent this from happening but the covers can come off. I've had the same experience as the OP several times. If the little plastic cover thing won't stay on or you can't glue it back on then it's time to get a new dryer. All hair dryers I've seen work on the same principle.
Wtheck shouldnt the back be more durable? I have one blow dryer ive used like four times. Ive never had this experience, but now I am terrified.
Hi

Katleen
February 20th, 2012, 07:55 AM
AUW!!! Poor you! I had the same thing a very long time ago, and it hurts!

PrairieRose
February 20th, 2012, 08:00 AM
Uggg! How horrible:(

MissHair
February 20th, 2012, 08:05 AM
Im just relieved your hair didn't caught fire!!!! One time I used a hairdryer 10 years ago the hairdryer itself caught fire and nearly caught fire on my hair. Luckily my first instinct was to throw the blowdryer on the floor. Something wrong with the dryer or the wiring in my house. It was scary.

Long_hair_bear
February 20th, 2012, 09:06 AM
It doesn't help, but I cringed inside for you!

Carolyn
February 20th, 2012, 09:16 AM
Wtheck shouldnt the back be more durable? I have one blow dryer ive used like four times. Ive never had this experience, but now I am terrified.
HiIt wouldn't hurt to check your dryer to see if anything looks like it's loose and might break off. I'm always dropping mine on the floor so I've broken a lot of dryers. And I'm always burning out the motors. I'm kind of the kiss of death to small appliances :D

Grillz
February 20th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Ugh I've done that before. I have to hold the dryer extra far away now because I can't judge where my hair is anymore when my head is upside down. There's nothing like the beautiful scent of burnt hair though, right?

Carolyn
February 20th, 2012, 09:31 AM
One thing to watch out for is hotel hair dryers. I've found they are often missing the little suck in the air end piece. I think people drop them and the little end piece breaks off and is thrown away. No one is going to bother to glue it back into place. I've had my hair sucked into them several times. I know I should report it at check out in the morning but I never have.

lapushka
February 20th, 2012, 09:31 AM
I'm glad you seem to be doing okay. I had that happen once, not to the degree as to get a whole chunk caught in there. The cap was solidly on the back! It's a small grid back there and pretty secure but it can suck lone and lost hairs in, one by one, if not careful and yeah, that pulls like *hell*.

healormor
February 20th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Ouch! Sounds like that hurt! Hope you are ok now though. I think if that happened to me, the shock/reaction would be the worst part. Nothing like instant stress to get your day started :p