PDA

View Full Version : I did a baaaaad thing

MOOBUG
February 19th, 2012, 08:33 PM
Right so I woke up one morning recently and decided that I just didnt look like me anymore. Iv been wearing my hair a very dark reddish brown for many years (natural is a dirty dark blonde) so i did a very naughtly thing and went blonde. Slow process of lightning it over several salon trips to minimise the damage but its still very very dry and more split ends than i think iv ever had, plus i had to lose 3cm off the bottom because they couldnt be saved. I have no idea how to post pictures but there is a new one in my album. any advice from people who've gone from very dark to blonde?

Zhennni(:
February 19th, 2012, 08:36 PM
protein and moisture treatments..a lot of them!

BeccaAngel
February 19th, 2012, 08:45 PM
I did the same thing a few months ago, ended up being highlights i did at home. I was tired of the new growth not matching my colored hair (which was a really dark brown and my roots were dark blonde or light brown depending on what you consider it). So it Blends better! with the caramel like blonde and brownness. But the damage was so not worth it! I've been doing EVOO (extra virgin olive oil) treatments on mine. Which work out pretty well with restoring the moisture and giving a nice shine. I have seen your blonde hair picture, if that's the one you are referring to. It looks pretty good on you :)

justgreen
February 19th, 2012, 09:05 PM
I don't use oils, I use honey and distilled water for moisture. I don't have split ends. I have a dark auburn natural color (my underneath panel is natural) and my hair is lifted to platinum using 40vol for 40 minutes.

justgreen
February 19th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Duplicate post

Falcore
February 19th, 2012, 10:01 PM
I just checked out your album and I think the colour really suits you! Are you happy with the outcome?

Protein is usually needed for bleached hair. I wish I knew that when I was bleaching mine

HintOfMint
February 19th, 2012, 10:12 PM
No advice as I have little to no experience with dyed hair, but I must say, blonde is a very good look for you!

Bad? Pfffft, looks worth it.

MOOBUG
February 25th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Thanks everyone. I do like the colour on me :)
Il definitly be trying olive oil. I have to admit I love the colour. I am worried about the regrowth and damage though.

MonaMayfair
February 25th, 2012, 05:36 AM
Just saw the picture. It looks so nice. I'm one of those people who think a bit of damage is a good trade-off for having a color you love!

rock007junkie
February 25th, 2012, 06:23 AM
protein and moisture treatments..a lot of them!

This! This should give your hair some of that health back

Tota
February 25th, 2012, 06:48 AM
Wow the blonde suits you great! I would recomend a good moisturising conditioner and deep oiling (EVOO). But really, it was well worth it, you look great as a blonde!