PDA

View Full Version : New bun, new pics, fun hair! Pic Heavy!

patienceneeded
February 19th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Hello! As you can tell from the title, I have new pics to share! I have been trying to find new ways to wear my very thick BSL-length hair. Some experiments have worked, others have not. Yet. Also, pics of my DD (who will be 5 on Feb 23!) with her hair in her very first bun. I made her a "little kid" sized hair sock-bun donut and it works great! Now she want to buy cute bobby pins...

Oh, also included are pics of when she decorated my hair and hers for an outing. Yes, I was made to wear my "do" in public, all day. :D

Here are the pics!

First, my very first braided Chinese bun!
http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9598&pictureid=126690

My DD with her hair in her very first bun, ever! A sock-bun!
http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9598&pictureid=126688

DD and I together (her idea).
http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9598&pictureid=126691

My hair length and natural curls
http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9598&pictureid=126689

And now, the pics of my hair and DD's hair after she decorated them to make us both pretty.
http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9598&pictureid=126687

http://www.forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=9598&pictureid=126686

Thanks for looking! Any comments are appreciated. Have a wonderful day!

Chromis
February 19th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Aw, I love the mother-daughter shots! So fun!

Fairlight63
February 19th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Very pretty buns! Your daughter sure fixed you up pretty!

blondie9912
February 19th, 2012, 12:23 PM
You've got very pretty hair, it's very lush-looking and healthy :)

I loved the mother daughter shot as well!

lippleyluv
February 19th, 2012, 12:46 PM
Awww... the mother daughter pics are sooo adorable. I wish my DD 8 would sit still for stuff like that. I have to blackmail her to get her to allow me to put her hair up in a sleep braid. It's fun to practice new hair techniques on her before I try it on my hair but the battle is not always worth it. She ONLYlikes to wear it out.

SchnauzerMom
February 19th, 2012, 01:13 PM
You both have beautiful hair! So shiny and healthy.

white.chocolate
February 19th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Nice pictures, especially of your daughter's work! :) I think you did the Chinese bun very well with your BSL hair.

pepperminttea
February 19th, 2012, 01:38 PM
I love her decorating! :D Your hair looks so shiny and healthy. :)

spidermom
February 19th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Haha, so cute! Reminds me when I used to work nights. In the morning, my DD would come into my room while I was still "sleeping" and "do" my hair. I'd get up later and find my hair decorated with all kinds of little barettes and bows.

jeanniet
February 19th, 2012, 03:32 PM
Those mother-daughter shots are adorable--I love how she decorated your hair! The Chinese bun looks really lovely on you, too. I need to try that one out.

jacqueline101
February 19th, 2012, 03:44 PM
I love both of your hair.

Hollyfire3
February 19th, 2012, 04:53 PM
Aww so cute! I love both the hairstyles! For the chinese bun, which i would like to try, how thick is your ponytail? I am not sure if i am not doing it right or if my hair needs more length because the ponytail circumfrance is thick.

patienceneeded
February 19th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Aww so cute! I love both the hairstyles! For the chinese bun, which i would like to try, how thick is your ponytail? I am not sure if i am not doing it right or if my hair needs more length because the ponytail circumfrance is thick.

My ponytail is a 5, which makes me a iii for thickness too. I *barely* managed to get the braids wrapped around enough to pin them in place. I used quite a few pins (4 spin pins, and several Amish pins) to get the ends and braid to stay in place. The bun held all day and looked nice. It was not uncomfortable to wear either, although some of the pins bothered me after a while. I think it will work great with another inch of growth, as I won't have to pin it so much to get it to hold.

Thanks for the compliments! DD's hair held up all day too and we found some cute bobby pins to decorate her look. She was thrilled.

Hollyfire3
February 19th, 2012, 10:29 PM
My ponytail is a 5, which makes me a iii for thickness too. I *barely* managed to get the braids wrapped around enough to pin them in place. I used quite a few pins (4 spin pins, and several Amish pins) to get the ends and braid to stay in place. The bun held all day and looked nice. It was not uncomfortable to wear either, although some of the pins bothered me after a while. I think it will work great with another inch of growth, as I won't have to pin it so much to get it to hold.

Thanks for the compliments! DD's hair held up all day too and we found some cute bobby pins to decorate her look. She was thrilled.

I think i might be able to pull off this bun, just barely, but i am a iii also, so if you can it, i will try. Pins bother me too after a while, so i might wait till i have enough length to not use so many. The bobby pins were so cute, glad your daughter liked her hairstyle, it looked wonderful, i am going to attempt a sock bun soon because i just figured out that a character who's hair i like on a show did the style at one point, very cool "oh that explains it!" moments. Where did you find all those creative bobby pins, they were all so different and pretty!:)

patienceneeded
February 20th, 2012, 10:03 AM
I think i might be able to pull off this bun, just barely, but i am a iii also, so if you can it, i will try. Pins bother me too after a while, so i might wait till i have enough length to not use so many. The bobby pins were so cute, glad your daughter liked her hairstyle, it looked wonderful, i am going to attempt a sock bun soon because i just figured out that a character who's hair i like on a show did the style at one point, very cool "oh that explains it!" moments. Where did you find all those creative bobby pins, they were all so different and pretty!:)

I use regular bobby pins (on DD) to anchor the bun and then the cute ones are mainly decorative. I keep an eye out at stores like Target, Fred Meyer, Walgreens, etc, they often have pretty pins with "jewels" and other decorations with the hair accessories. Claires and Icing at the mall are also a good place to find decorative bobby pins. Lots of selection for very little $.

princessp
February 20th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Very cool, I really especially love your braided chinese bun!:cheese:

elbow chic
February 20th, 2012, 08:23 PM
Very pretty and shiny! You DO have thick hair!!